Awesome DCL Castmembers...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Inspired by [USER=89474]@Jonathan Dalecki post on the Tiffany & Co. thread, I’ll start off...

Ritesh, Palo server on the Magic. He takes all the cake for awesomeness.

Jo, entertainment host on the Dream and the Magic...So. Much. Fun.

Tony from Spain, entertainment host on the Dream.

Dino, entertainment host on the Fantasy. He’s from Dublin, so I’m biased. We Irish people are fun.

Fiona, entertainment staff on the Dream several years ago. She gave me extra credit for dancing during trivia.

Ana from Mexico, server at Keys on the Magic. So friendly and warm, she made our Canada cruise extra-special.

“Z” from Croatia, main dining room server on the Dream,fellow redhead, great guy. I don’t remember his proper first name because he made us call him Z. He was delighted to have a table full of ladies to look after.

Take it away, someone! Add more awesome crew castmembers.

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think her name is Jo Slow or Jo Sloan. I can’t tell with the Gatwick accent. But yes she’s awesome.

I’ve enjoyed Jo on three cruises.

Yes, she goes by Jo Slow, I’ve never heard of anyone with Slow as a surname, and it certainly is opposite of her personality, but who am I to question? 😁

ChuckElias

Kendall, who has had several positions in the DCL dining rooms. We first met Kendall on the Magic in '07 when he was an assistant server. Our regular server was horrible, and Kendall really saved our dining experience. He was great with the kids when the adults went to Palo, too.

We later had him as a regular Server on the Dream. We had requested him, in fact. As it turns out, he had also been requested by another guest in our section -- Karl Holz! (That's how good he is. He was requested by the then-President of DCL.)

Since then, he was promoted to Head Server, but I haven't seen him in several years, so I don't know which ship he's on now.

EOD K9

Kendall, who has had several positions in the DCL dining rooms. We first met Kendall on the Magic in '07 when he was an assistant server. Our regular server was horrible, and Kendall really saved our dining experience. He was great with the kids when the adults went to Palo, too.

We later had him as a regular Server on the Dream. We had requested him, in fact. As it turns out, he had also been requested by another guest in our section -- Karl Holz! (That's how good he is. He was requested by the then-President of DCL.)

Since then, he was promoted to Head Server, but I haven't seen him in several years, so I don't know which ship he's on now.
How do you request a server?

ctechbob

Ronald from India and Chris from Jamaica, both of our servers on the Dream. Super entertaining and great personalities that busted their behinds during our dinners.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Oh yes! Tony from Spain, what a hoot!, we enjoyed his antics last Sept. on Dream.

Darren McBurney, from England, Cruise Director, met him about 5 years ago on Dream, very professional and with a pleasant personality.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Heather was our Assistant Server on the Fantasy in January and she was fantastic!

Question: Does anyone know how much cast members on DCL ships make per month? A friend of ours says that she heard from someone who used to work for DCL that many work for free and only get tips (presuming she means servers). Based on the person who told me that, I'm... skeptical. ;) So I wanted to see if others could corroborate what she heard or if she's full of hot air.

cfry06

Another round of votes for #tonyfromspain (have seen him on the Dream multiple times) and Jo (who we’ve had on the Wonder 2x)! They are the best!

Sam (server) on the Dream has been by far our favorite! Have requested him multiple times, and just requested his brother Sant for our cruise on the Fantasy next month.

Bar staff - they tend to rotate locations- but we LOVE Andrae from Jamaica at La Piazza on Fantasy, Wally from Jamaica on the Dream, Benita at Skyline on the Dream, Angel and Nur and Bladimir on the Dream. Guess we spend a lot of time at the bars 🤣 . And Frank on the Wonder!

Trent (Cruise Director) we also loved!

cfry06

Generally I heard that Sam did nothing.
Wow! So odd to hear that! Seriously, we’ve had him 4x now and he’s been awesome. Remembers our favorites - bringing double of our fave parts of dishes unexpectedly, surprises for our son, and keeps things moving quick, which we love. Hate being stuck at dinner too long!! And just the absolute nicest guy.

I guess everyone has their own experience! I’ve had other servers on 9 other cruises than the ones I’ve had Sam. He’s stood out for us.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow! So odd to hear that! Seriously, we’ve had him 4x now and he’s been awesome. Remembers our favorites - bringing double of our fave parts of dishes unexpectedly, surprises for our son, and keeps things moving quick, which we love. Hate being stuck at dinner too long!! And just the absolute nicest guy.

I guess everyone has their own experience! I’ve had other servers on 9 other cruises than the ones I’ve had Sam. He’s stood out for us.

That was a Katiebug reference. If you haven’t read the thread, you wouldn't realize.

DCL Sam is as outstanding as you remember. 😉

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another round of votes for #tonyfromspain (have seen him on the Dream multiple times) and Jo (who we’ve had on the Wonder 2x)! They are the best!

Sam (server) on the Dream has been by far our favorite! Have requested him multiple times, and just requested his brother Sant for our cruise on the Fantasy next month.

Bar staff - they tend to rotate locations- but we LOVE Andrae from Jamaica at La Piazza on Fantasy, Wally from Jamaica on the Dream, Benita at Skyline on the Dream, Angel and Nur and Bladimir on the Dream. Guess we spend a lot of time at the bars 🤣 . And Frank on the Wonder!

Trent (Cruise Director) we also loved!

I, too, am overly familiar with the bar staff. 👼

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
Question: Does anyone know how much cast members on DCL ships make per month? A friend of ours says that she heard from someone who used to work for DCL that many work for free and only get tips (presuming she means servers). Based on the person who told me that, I'm... skeptical. ;) So I wanted to see if others could corroborate what she heard or if she's full of hot air.

That is not true to my knowledge through my son who worked for DCL on 2 ships. The only way they are working for FREE is if they are in turn spending all their pay on the ship. Of course everyone makes different pay based on their jobs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom