Avoiding Parks on EMH

JasonP

Back in the day, prior to online Fast passes and reservations it was a known fact to avoid EMH days at the park as they are the most crowded. Is that still the case? We are going the first week in April and trying to make the most out of the short 10 days.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I would suggest that nothing has changed. Resort guests will flock to the EMH park. Then you get the none resort guests arriving in time for regular park opening time. Only the resort guests with the Hopper will consider switching parks.

Upvote 0

WedwayPM

Back in the day, prior to online Fast passes and reservations it was a known fact to avoid EMH days at the park as they are the most crowded. Is that still the case? We are going the first week in April and trying to make the most out of the short 10 days.

You consider 10 days to be 'short'?

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

Wow, JasonP! I'm so impressed you got to stay at WDW for 35 days. I'm jealous!!! I don't like to go to the parks with EMH either. I would try to avoid them.

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
Yea was crazy! My father and I went when I was like maybe 18-19. Went for three weeks at the Caribbean. Neither of us wanted to go so we kept extending 2-3 days. Then the attendance dropped during the August/September time when everyone runs back to school. Before we knew it was 35 days and we both figured it was time for reality.

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
One of my favorite trips of many down there. Incredible. Was nice not to have to not rush around. Goto a park and just enjoy the atmosphere and not care if you got on a ride or not. Going to MK just to 'hang out' was amazing.

Upvote 0

SMS55

I don't go to Disney during "peak times" as I have seasonal passes, but I don't find the parks to be too bad during EMH. Last time we were which was the weekend of December 6th. We arrived at MK at 8:10am for the EMH and within an hour and a half we knocked out the Magic Carpets, Jungle Cruise(Jingle Cruise during the holidays), Pirates, Big Thunder and Splash in no time. We walked right onto all of them with the exception of Splash which was under 5 minutes. We went back in the evening for the EMH. With the exception of Seven Dwarfs the lines were thining as the evening went on. After about 1:00am with the exception of the "Mountains most rides are very short waits.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We tend to go the day after the EMH day, but have done the morning EMH at times. I know that in the past when the MK had evening EMH it would seem that as the other parks closed, the crowds would build. We have a trip coming up in a few weeks, and I don't think we will do any EMH, unless we head over to the MK as it will be open till 1am that Saturday.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We really don't do morning EMH anymore because we find it to be too crowded for our liking. We occasionally will do an evening EMH. As a rule, my mom takes it a step further and deliberately goes to a park the morning after evening EMH. So for example, if Epcot had evening EMH on a Tuesday, she will go to Epcot on Wednesday morning with the theory that everyone got it out of their system the night before and the park will be less crowded. If I were you, I would avoid it and plan around it.
Enjoy your 10 days in the World!

Upvote 0

disneyfirstLJ

I avoided EMH my last trip. For my up coming April trip we are going to try to take advantage of late night EMH in both Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic and Magic Kingdom on our last night in the World. Not sure how that will go but we are going to try it out.

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

I always hit morning EMH at AK if I can, and I always do late night EMH at Epcot, MK, and DHS if desired (sometimes). It really helps to get the most out of your day. You can leave during the highest heat of the afternoon and go back out refreshed later on. Also I think hoppers help. I would not avoid EMH, just know how to make it work for you.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

We are all early-birds, so we try and take advantage of morning EMH (get in and get out before noon). However, we avoid evening EMH like the plague. Our kids don't stay up that late anyway, so we get no benefit from evening EMH whatsoever. Even if they did stay up, we would leave the park with EMH and not come back until after 10 pm when most of the crowd has cleared out post-fireworks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom