Avoiding Hollywood Studios too?

11mess

Original Poster
I was wondering if any Disneyworld regulars are avoiding Hollywood Studios. I love Disneyworld and Hollywood Studios but my wife and I are going to our annual Disney trip next week and avoiding Hollywood Studios! We’re on vacation I am not getting up at 6am to fight a very crowded park to maybe get a pass for a ride that I might not get to ride for 4 to 6 hours if I’m lucky and have long waits all morning to even get a Starbucks! Don’t get me wrong the ride look awesome and it is defiantly a must do but no Ride is worth a packed park at 7am when February is supposed to be a slower time! I will patiently wait until next year, am I alone here?

Nottamus

Don't let one ride make your mind up.

We went in December...were there for RoTR opening day...didnt ride it, but visited SWGE.

If you're a fan, its not to be missed. We even did stand by on Smugglers run...wasn't too bad. Line moves fast.

Have a great trip!

DisneyJoe

Don't judge Studios park crowds based on what you see waiting to get in at opening - check a crowd calendar. We were there in November and spent an entire day at Studios.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm not going to avoid it.
My friend who just flew home this afternoon did not avoid it.
If you don't want to wake up early and get a boarding group for ROTR okay then don't.
That doesn't mean you have to avoid the park altogether. By not going you don't ride it at all so you could just go and not ride it but do the other attractions that have clearly made you love HS in the past...
But do what you want...

Last edited:

DisneyAndADoleWhip

Don’t avoid...it’s worth every second. If you know how to handle crowds, which you must if you visit Disney as a regular, then you’ll be fine. Use Fastpass right, get up one morning and go for a boarding group (it’s super fun to be doing this with a crowd who love Disney as much as you do), see some shows. Life’s too short to skip anything Disney.

Parker in NYC

A lot of folks are running in to play the boarding group lottery and then heading out if they have a later/unfeasible return time. The rest of the park is barely affected.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wouldn’t avoid a park if you like it.

The “mobs” are overstated. It’s a one new popular ride in a lukewarm land. Toy story is overcrowded due to under-building the capacity.

Not too much has changed beyond that.

bubbles1812

Eh? We were there two days after ROTR opened. And multiple times after in that week. ‘Twas’ fine.

We had no issues with crowds and they are still in BG mode so even the crowds around ROTR are managed. SWGE is large and it never felt jam crowded to me even at midday.

Go to DHS and enjoy! (And rope drop at least once. ROTR really is awesome)

Last edited:

NickPytlinski

was there when ROTR opened. crowds didn't seem to much more.
easy to get around the park.

just couldn't ride ROTR without the boarding group.
you may find some of the wait times on the other/original rides are a little less with star wars n toy story lands being a little busier now.

JIMINYCR

Go to DHS anyway and enjoy what the rest of the park has to offer. Whenever there is the exciting, brand new, just opened, extremely hyped attraction that everyone is dying to try out, THAT area is going to be what the mobs target. Look at how popular 7dmt, FoP, SDD, TSM, and others were, THE attraction of the park that drew them in. They didnt keep us from enjoying our days in those parks at all.

TotallyBiased

We were there the week before xmas. Crowds weren't bad beyond the mob before rope-drop to get a BG. Once through the gates it was pretty relaxed. We hit a bunch of other rides with almost zero wait most of the morning and did DHS a couple times over the week. No biggie. If you want to ride RotR, you'll have to sacrifice and get up early. If not, just go and enjoy.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
If your next trip is on April 26, 27, 30 or May 1, please avoid MGM at all costs. I will bite the bullet and go, and I will tell you how awful it is.

jeffreyhughesnc

I took my 16 year old daughter for an impromptu 6 day visit to WDW, starting New Year’s Eve. Probably the worse time to go but we had the best time ever; though we did the 0500 rise several mornings. We were there to maximize our time and that we did, we managed to ride most everything even without FPs to E ticket stuff.

As another person pointed out the insane packed crowd dissipates by mid morning. I’d say MK was consistently crowded, in fact there two times that they reached capacity. Despite all that - we had an amazing time and we’ve been to WDW several times and I went during the 70s when it was calm.
0E977C7D-F353-4F78-B5F6-D6AD09BE2E3E.jpeg

THE PHOTO: In DHS at 0650 on Jan 1. We figured that NYE hangovers might mitigate the crowd - NOT! The majority of the trip we were out of the hotel by 0530 and did not go back until 23:30 plus... not a trip for the faint of heart.
Not sure why it’s upside down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom