Average Summer Precipitation

epcotWSC

Original Poster
I was looking at weather.com and I noticed that Lake Buena Vista tends to have a different average rainfall in the summer than Orlando. Like completely different.

June
Orlando: 7.35
Lake Buena Vista: 6.02

July
Orlando: 7.15
Lake Buena Vista: 6.55

August
Orlando: 6.25
Lake Buena Vista: 7.32

How can there be so much of a difference between two places that from their centers are about 15 miles apart?

Like here we see that Orlando's most rainy month is June, but for Lake Buena Vista it's August.

Also at LBV it's much less rainy in July than August.

Rabflmom

I was looking at weather.com and I noticed that Lake Buena Vista tends to have a different average rainfall in the summer than Orlando. Like completely different.

June
Orlando: 7.35
Lake Buena Vista: 6.02

July
Orlando: 7.15
Lake Buena Vista: 6.55

August
Orlando: 6.25
Lake Buena Vista: 7.32

How can there be so much of a difference between two places that from their centers are about 15 miles apart?

Like here we see that Orlando's most rainy month is June, but for Lake Buena Vista it's August.

Also at LBV it's much less rainy in July than August.

I guess the difference would/could be attributed to where the gauges are and where the East and West Seabreezes actually meet and cause the storms and heavy rain. If you gauged the front and back yard of my house the amounts might actually show up a little different because sometimes it rains in the back and the front yard remains dry, etc.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is no surprise that Orlando and Lake Buena Vista would have different rainfall rates as they are miles apart. One thing that is kind of weird about Florida are scatted storms. It is not uncommon for it to be raining on one side of the street and not on the other. Quite frequently it will be raining at Epcot but not at MK or raining at the TTC but not at MK and so on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom