Average Park Days For One Week WDW Visit

Raineman

Original Poster
Just wondering how many days most visitors, who are at WDW for a week, spend at each park/water park/Disney Springs during that week.

Here is the breakdown of our typical week at WDW:
Disney Springs-0.5 days (after we arrive early afternoon and check in at our resort)
MK-1.5 to 2 days (always first and last day at MK, 1.5 if there is a party at MK that we are not attending)
EPCOT-1 to 1.5 days (1.5 day includes the 0.5 day at MK if it happens)
DAK-2 days
DHS-2 days

0.5 days is not usually an actual half day, usually means leaving a park or arriving at a park around 3-4 pm. Sometimes we will leave a park an hour or two before closing to hop over to another park for the nighttime fireworks/show.

danyoung56

I rarely stay in the same park all day. I always break up my park storming days with a nice air conditioned nap in the afternoon, then head back to another park for dinner and maybe fireworks. That said, here's my breakdown -

MK - 2 or 3 mornings and at least 1 evening

Epcot - 1 morning and usually 3 evenings

DHS - 1 morning

DAK - 1 morning and 1 evening

I realize that doesn't add up to 14 half-days. I'm trying to slow down a bit now that I'm an old fogie, so some evenings I just have dinner and hit the hay early.

Raineman

Original Poster
I rarely stay in the same park all day. I always break up my park storming days with a nice air conditioned nap in the afternoon, then head back to another park for dinner and maybe fireworks. That said, here's my breakdown -

MK - 2 or 3 mornings and at least 1 evening

Epcot - 1 morning and usually 3 evenings

DHS - 1 morning

DAK - 1 morning and 1 evening

I realize that doesn't add up to 14 half-days. I'm trying to slow down a bit now that I'm an old fogie, so some evenings I just have dinner and hit the hay early.
With every visit, I get a bit older, so these full park days start to wear on me physically sooner and sooner-by day 3, my feet are starting to hurt a bit after just a couple of hours. Not only do I love the attractions for the fun and enjoyment, I love them because I can sit for a few minutes.

eliza61nyc

We generally go to the world late August, early September when it's nuclear, surface of the sun hot so no way could we do all day parks. One of the reasons why we get Park hoppers. As a general rule we do 5-6 hours in am park, head back to the resort and end the night at a different park. Once we hit all night time shows, we generally end up at Epcot at night, simply because we like the restaurants there better than any other park.

If we have 7 full night, 8 days we'll take an entire day off from the parks.

Touchdown

I hop every day, on my 6 day trips it’s usually:
-2 days at Epcot (2 mornings and evenings)
-2 days at MK (one evening will be a party if they are happening)
-1 day at DHS
-1 day at AK

If the trip is Mar-Oct I’ll do a morning each at the water parks and subtract a morning from Epcot and MK.

Raineman

Original Poster
We generally go to the world late August, early September when it's nuclear, surface of the sun hot so no way could we do all day parks. One of the reasons why we get Park hoppers. As a general rule we do 5-6 hours in am park, head back to the resort and end the night at a different park. Once we hit all night time shows, we generally end up at Epcot at night, simply because we like the restaurants there better than any other park.

If we have 7 full night, 8 days we'll take an entire day off from the parks.
I have only ever been to WDW in March or November, so I have never had to deal with the extreme heat, and have never gone to the resort and came back during the day. We are all pretty dyed-in-the-wool park commandos, and like spending all day at the parks, but halfway through the week, taking a load off for a bit in the afternoon, sounds nice. That's probably why I enjoy getting a Dole Whip with rum at Tamu Tamu in DAK, and relaxing in the peaceful covered area beside it.

awoogala

Ak - up to one full day, sometimes hop to EPCOT
HS- early morning, usually out before noon, hop to EPCOT
MK- 2-3 days
EPCOT- 2 days, plus almost every evening after the other parks
Disney springs- sometimes day of arrival, or last day.. but my teens don't love it anymore.

Raineman

Original Poster
Ak - up to one full day, sometimes hop to EPCOT
HS- early morning, usually out before noon, hop to EPCOT
MK- 2-3 days
EPCOT- 2 days, plus almost every evening after the other parks
Disney springs- sometimes day of arrival, or last day.. but my teens don't love it anymore.
I'm not a big fan of Disney Springs (my DW and DD love it)-it just seems like a large, high end outlet mall, and I've been to pretty much every outlet mall in the Orlando area over the years. I love the theming, and the restaurants are great, but I am not a shopper :D.

ppet

Varies from trip to trip. My next trip in November will probably have me at DHS more for GE. In the past we've always used hoppers and generally hit DS after arriving The first full day we will start hopping. We normally do two parks a day except for the last day where we will use fast passes in one park, then hop to all three of the other parks to do our favorite ride in each. Then begins the drive home:arghh:

JIMINYCR

We also park hop a lot, but on the first week we try concentrating the majority of the day in one park. MK & EP get 2 days each, AK & DHS get 1 a piece, and DS 1. Throughout our trip we spend more total time in MK & EP than any of the others.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We usually go for eight nights and park hop.

4 half-days at MK
3 half-days at Epcot
2 half-days at DHS
3 half-days at DAK
2 half-days off
1 half-day at Disney Springs

Depending on the timing of our flights, we'd add an extra half-day off. We haven't been to DHS since Toy Story Land so that might have to expand as well. We still enjoy all of the DHS shows.

dreski

We will park hop just about every time we go but really just to have dinner in a different park. Usually we will do
.5 Disney Springs arrival day
2.5 days MK, usually take a late flight home so half day on last day
1 day at Epcot
1 day at AK
1 day at HS this may change with GE

AK and HS aren't usually full days. Sometimes we will break those days up half in each park then hop to the other. Keep a day off just to rest up and relax for the push before we have to head home. When we have gone at Christmas time, the extra day has been resort hopping to see them decorated.

MinnieCaroline

We park hop everyday and always have 8 Park days
2-3 mornings at MK, 2 evenings
2 mornings at Epcot, 1-2 evenings
1-2 mornings at DHS
2 mornings at AK, 1 evening.
1 evening at DS
We always start at MK and end at MK

QuasiNoFroyo

After Galaxy's Edge opens at HS, here's how I'm expecting my next WDW visit to go down if I'm there for only a week (if it ever happens):

2.5 days at HS
2 days at MK
1.5 days at AK
1 day at Epcot (especially after SSE closes down for its widely rumored 2.5 year makeover)

...Though I might reserve just a little bit of my planned MK time for Disney Springs.

Surfin' Tuna

No to be a pain, we have enough on these boards lately, but I'm curious about something...

What do the people who currently spend 2 days at DHS do for two days in the park? I can understand 2 half days, but I just can't wrap my head around this. I ask, because with TSL I have a kid who always begs to go there. I just know there is a very limited amount of time to spend there - at least for me.

joshjoned

No to be a pain, we have enough on these boards lately, but I'm curious about something...

What do the people who currently spend 2 days at DHS do for two days in the park? I can understand 2 half days, but I just can't wrap my head around this. I ask, because with TSL I have a kid who always begs to go there. I just know there is a very limited amount of time to spend there - at least for me.

I personally would spend more time there than at MK any day, but then again I have no kids, so...

MaximumEd

We usually go full blown commando with no days off, no DS, and no water parks since we have a pool at home. We don’t go in summer, so it’s easier to stay in the parks all day. 2.5 days MK, 1.5 Epcot, 1 HS, and 1 AK, with an extra day split up wherever. I’m sure this will change with SW:GE, the new stuff at Epcot, and Tron coming online in the next couple years.

nickys

Premium Member

I don’t spend two full days at DHS, but always have two partial days.

The last time I was there TSL wasn’t open. But this is roughly what our days looked like:

Day 1 (30th Dec) - arriving around 11am
Star Tours x 2, TSMM, One Man’s Dream, March of 1st Order and stage show.
Late lunch with Fantasmic dining
Indy, Star Tours again, meet Olaf,
Star Wars projection show (shown @ 6pm),
Backlot Express
Fantasmic

Day 2 (2nd Jan) - arriving around noon
Star Tours x 2, Watched Jedi Training, March
Lunch at Sci FI,
Muppets, TSMM, Launch Bay
Shopping
Left park for B&C reservation @7pm

Patcheslee

We plan for MK-2, EP-2, HS-1, AK-1, and DS departure or arrival day. Mid day breaks sometimes hop to another park, sometimes we don't. DD10s biggest interest right now is more time in WS so I wouldn't be surprised if we hop there at least once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom