Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

DisneyGigi

The irony is Avatar will probably take the record back when they re-release Avatar in early 2021 prior to Avatar 2. They are literally competing with themselves at this point.
I still do not get Avatar, other than the whole new 3-d it had going for it at the time. I cannot name a single person that knows anything about it but a guy in wheelchair can walk and banshees. And Gamora was in it but blue not green. To be honest, did not even remember the mountains, but I thought the movie was boring anyway, so guess I don’t count.

Darkprime

This is quite the change of tune Feige has had compared to back when development on Venom was just starting and he made it clear Venom was its own thing separate from the MCU. Wonder if Feige has agreed to have a hand in future Venom movies to keep Spider-Man in the MCU. Or maybe it was to do with Venom making well over $800M at the box office? Who knows. Hopefully its a good sign.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The irony is Avatar will probably take the record back when they re-release Avatar in early 2021 prior to Avatar 2. They are literally competing with themselves at this point.
Since Disney owns Avatar now why would they rerelease it just to regain the number one spot they already own? That just doesn't make sense. With End Game I understand it because its actually a Disney produced film, not one they got from Fox. Iger wants to make sure its an actual Disney produced film on top.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is quite the change of tune Feige has had compared to back when development on Venom was just starting and he made it clear Venom was its own thing separate from the MCU. Wonder if Feige has agreed to have a hand in future Venom movies to keep Spider-Man in the MCU. Or maybe it was to do with Venom making well over $800M at the box office? Who knows. Hopefully its a good sign.

“I think probably it’s up to Sony,” Feige said when asked about a potential crossover by CinemaBlend. “Sony has both those characters and has Venom in their world. I don’t know what their plans are for another ‘Venom’ or if they’re doing that. But it seems likely at some point.”

So this is Hollywood speak for, "Sony approached us about doing a cross-over so we're going to see how that fits into what we're doing but yeah we'll do it."

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To me it sounds like their considering the Black Panther and Spider-Man templates to introduce X-Men and Fantastic Four. E.G appearing in civil war before Homecoming etc.
I didn't get that at all from that article. He literally said:

"Yeah, maybe. You know, oftentimes it just comes down to a specific character in a specific story and a specific way to introduce them," he said. "So sometimes, like with Spider-Man and Black Panther, that made sense. Then, other times, with characters like Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Thor, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man... it's fun to introduce them in their own movies first. So it just depends on the story we're trying to tell."

What I got was that Feige was saying again we'll introduce them when we introduce them in whatever way makes the most sense for the story we're telling. He didn't indicate one way or the other on when or even how they will be introduced. So again no new information.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So this is Hollywood speak for, "Sony approached us about doing a cross-over so we're going to see how that fits into what we're doing but yeah we'll do it."

I'd put it: "Sony dropped the ball on Spider-Man and they really wanted the shine of the MCU, so we took over, and we certainly don't want to have anything to do with Sony's on-their-own projects like their extended Spider-Man universe... until Venom and Spiderverse did really well and we want a piece of that pie."

Darkprime

If Tom Hardy walks out on stage during Hall H at comic con in character and says "we are venom" and they announce hes joining the MCU I would geek out a little bit.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

To me it sounds like their considering the Black Panther and Spider-Man templates to introduce X-Men and Fantastic Four. E.G appearing in civil war before Homecoming etc.
ONE rumor for Dr. Strange 2 is an illuminati tie in - that was Namor, Dr. Strange, Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Black Panther. Obviously them killing off Tony is an issue and they also don't have Namor rights do they?

Still, would be a great way to at least start Fantastic Four. I have also seen rumors they have started casting actors for FF

doctornick

Am I missing something here? Unless there is more to what Feige said other than what is quoted, he's not suggesting Venon in the MCU at all. I think the "seems likely" refers to them doing "another Venom" not crossing over Hardy's Venom with Holland's Spider-Man. And I'd be extremely suspicious iif Sony is ever allowed to crossover Venom into the MCU - they may want to combined Venom with Spider-Man at some point, but it won't be the MCU/Holland version, just another reboot.

I also don't really see anything in Feige's quote that indicates he even cares about having Venom in the MCU. He's got plenty of other toys to play with now that the extended Spidey universe isn't really needed.

Darkprime

D82Yb7LW4AAUrME.jpg:large

Just following this up with official confirmation from Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom