Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Ripken10

$46 million away from topping Avatar's global gross. I still think Disney is going to do something to give it one last boost at the BO.
Spider-man should help some.

I think noteworthy - It is currently only 29 million away from Avatar's global gross during it's first release. I assumed Avatar's first release lasted 36 months Foreign and 19 months domestically. Avatar's run was amazing. End game doesn't have as much in the tank, but I still think it's interesting to note that at the same point in the release cycle, Endgame has actually made over 696 million more than Avatar had. It's not apples to applies but still interesting nonetheless. Too bad Endgame doesn't have as much left in the tank as Avatar did.

Animaniac93-98

Too bad Endgame doesn't have as much left in the tank as Avatar did.

The way we view movies has changed dramatically over the last 10 years. Movie ticket sales have declined overall, and people just don't buy DVDs like they used too (think about how in 2009 Blu-ray was still fairly new, now we have 4K and most people don't care).

That Endgame has gotten to this point is amazing in its own way. It was a cultural moment everyone wanted to be in on.

erasure fan1

$46 million away from topping Avatar's global gross. I still think Disney is going to do something to give it one last boost at the BO.
I'm surprised they haven't done anything yet. All I have seen so fsr, are some Ads on facebook saying come see it one more time. I think if they were going to do something, the week before Spider-Man would be great. Especially if you had some extra footage with spiderman. Heck, put a bonas trailer for ep9 after the credits. Just do something!

Darkprime

Heh, if they really wanted to try and beat Avatar they could try re-releasing it with "extra footage" in Nov. Not like there's an MCU movie supposed to come out then...

Looking at Disney's 2020 slate seeing as there's no longer a third marvel movie in the summer next year I wonder if they would consider a special re-release of EndGame with new footage to try and beat Avatar. That way you also get the fans to double dip on Blu-ray's.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But Isn’t that kinda “hollow”? They can’t break it with adjusted...so why go to that lengths?

I think they are better served by moving on and trying to keep the momentum going elsewhere

Mike S

WE CALLED IT! If the extra footage is good it could reach 3B.... I'm calling it now.
I read another article that said all the new footage is post credits stuff.
Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Cosmic Commando

If so, would this mean its a single weekend run or would it run for a couple weeks? Plus with leaks and stuff that always get out, if its only post-credit scenes, people might not want to go see it again and just wait for it to show up on Youtube.
Maybe if they run it next weekend, they can keep it up with Spider-Man, but it's more likely people would pair it with FFH instead of replacing a FFH viewing if it's the second week of the re-release. Sony wouldn't be as mad... hopefully.

DisneyGigi

Maybe if they run it next weekend, they can keep it up with Spider-Man, but it's more likely people would pair it with FFH instead of replacing a FFH viewing if it's the second week of the re-release. Sony wouldn't be as mad... hopefully.
Looks like next weekend- according to this article. Know what I am going to see again. :)

khlaylav

MARVEL I WAS KIDDING
Nah but let's be real I'll probably go again. And Avatar did the "re-release" itself which I hadn't realized until someone pointed it out, so it'd be ironic if this got it during a re-release.

Darkprime

The irony is Avatar will probably take the record back when they re-release Avatar in early 2021 prior to Avatar 2. They are literally competing with themselves at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom