Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe make a far from home spoiler thread. If you don't read the comics it is quite easy to have big things spoiled. šŸ˜

Done.

Mike S

Oh, when I was getting my hair done last night, my stylist mentioned that she wanted more of Captain Marvel. She still hasnā€™t seen her movie, but from the 3 bits of Carol that we got, that was enough to make her want more.
I still blame what now seems like a rush just to have her in this movie at all. They build her up as an important figure from before the Avengers, someone Nick would only call because of something like the Snap, then nothing that couldnā€™t have been accomplished by other means. If they didnā€™t have something for her in this movie they shouldā€™ve waited for Phase 4. With some tweaks the exact same origin movie couldā€™ve been made taking place in present day.

Wendy Pleakley

Oh, when I was getting my hair done last night, my stylist mentioned that she wanted more of Captain Marvel. She still hasnā€™t seen her movie, but from the 3 bits of Carol that we got, that was enough to make her want more.

I found the Captain Marvel movie to be fine, more of the same that I enjoyed but didn't love.

I liked the character and the actress though, and I was looking forward to seeing her interact with the Avengers, which was heavily teased by the end credits.

Disappointed in her role ultimately being just a cameo.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Random thought I just had- do you think Marvel let the actors pick what scenes would be used in the credits, or did Marvel pick them?

lazyboy97o

Since this was the fan service movie, I was really hoping Nebula would have wielded the Infinity Stones. That constant conflict in her seems like it would have really created a lot unpredictable chaos.

winstongator

I thought this was going to go in a different direction with Captain Marvel's haircut in Endgame.

MouseMelly

Finally got showing 2 over Motherā€™s Day weekend. ā˜ŗļø
I have one question... why did past Nebulaā€™s memories ever get entangled? The only explanation I can think is once present Nebula entered her duplicate time stamp, then they were coexisting? It still seems odd. šŸ§

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Finally got showing 2 over Motherā€™s Day weekend. ā˜ŗ
I have one question... why did past Nebulaā€™s memories ever get entangled? The only explanation I can think is once present Nebula entered her duplicate time stamp, then they were coexisting? It still seems odd. šŸ§
So basically Nebula used a network ( like a wifi network) that was exclusive to her. When both Nebulas were in the same timeline, both were ā€œlogged onā€ so the one Nebula had tge ā€œdataā€ of the other.

Ripken10

I was looking at the worldwide totals, and something kind of caught my eye. While I only went through the first 20 countries reporting for Endgame right now, nearly all of the countries are reporting that Endgame is ahead of where Avatar was at the same point in the cycle (of the 20 I looked at, only Greece and Spain did not have Endgame ahead of Avatar at the same point in the cycle, with many of the countries Endgame was already beating the total for Avatar...both Greece and Spain were only behind by a small bit). Now this will change quickly, as Avatar will certainly have better legs.

What caught my eye is that there is really only 5 countries that will see a huge deficit for Endgame compared to Avatar -- Japan, Russia, Spain, France and Germany. While Endgame was ahead in 4 out of the 5 (and approx. 35 million ahead at the same point in the cycle for all 5 countries), those 5 countries had huge runs for Avatar that led to an additional $568 million (an average of 113 million each). Endgame won't have the legs in those 5 countries to earn that (I don't think it will earn half of that). It still might make up for it from China, the US and how much more it is making in the other countries than Avatar did.

Disney Analyst

I was looking at the worldwide totals, and something kind of caught my eye. While I only went through the first 20 countries reporting for Endgame right now, nearly all of the countries are reporting that Endgame is ahead of where Avatar was at the same point in the cycle (of the 20 I looked at, only Greece and Spain did not have Endgame ahead of Avatar at the same point in the cycle, with many of the countries Endgame was already beating the total for Avatar...both Greece and Spain were only behind by a small bit). Now this will change quickly, as Avatar will certainly have better legs.

What caught my eye is that there is really only 5 countries that will see a huge deficit for Endgame compared to Avatar -- Japan, Russia, Spain, France and Germany. While Endgame was ahead in 4 out of the 5 (and approx. 35 million ahead at the same point in the cycle for all 5 countries), those 5 countries had huge runs for Avatar that led to an additional $568 million (an average of 113 million each). Endgame won't have the legs in those 5 countries to earn that (I don't think it will earn half of that). It still might make up for it from China, the US and how much more it is making in the other countries than Avatar did.

They really just need to pull an Avatar and have a re-release in a month or two with more footage, directors cut or something. Marvel fans will flock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom