Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Mike S

I was expecting more screen time, but I’m glad she wasn’t the deciding factor or momentum change.
Like Rocket and Nebula she should’ve come for the time heist. Maybe they could’ve added drama to this movie by introducing whatever her Kryptonite is and having her grow as a character by connecting with the others since she would then have to work together with them and couldn’t depend on her immense power.

As it is she’s just used as a plot device to save Tony and Nebula and destroy the ship. More scenes like the farmhouse would’ve been appreciated as I actually enjoyed the teamwork displayed.

Last edited:

MouseMelly

Like Rocket and Nebula she should’ve come for the time heist. Maybe they could’ve added drama to this movie by introducing whatever her Kryptonite is and having her grow as a character by connecting with the others since she would then have to work together with them and couldn’t depend on her immense power.

As it is she’s just used as a plot device to save Tony and Nebula and destroy the ship. More scenes like the farmhouse would’ve been appreciated.

Agreed

Flippin'Flounder

I'm pretty sure Tony and Cap went back to the day Tony was born. I don't remember the exact day they went to, but his birthday is 5/29/1970. "Your dad was at work when you were born" sounds like something a mom would say. And it's not too surprising that Howard would have told his son about his shrinking coworker. And Tony also definitely would have known that the Tesseract was there at the time.

Darkprime

It would be interesting to see the russos split up and direct their own individual marvel movies. It would be cool to see Joe doing Wolveirne/X-Men and Anthony Fantastic Four. Then they reteam for Secret Wars.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

As it is she’s just used as a plot device to save Tony and Nebula and destroy the ship. More scenes like the farmhouse would’ve been appreciated as I actually enjoyed the teamwork displayed.
They need to save her growth story for Captain Marvel 2.

BrianLo

I've seen complaints online about Cap going back in time to be with Peggy Carter and not doing anything to stop Hydra's takeover of S.H.I.E.L.D. or them torturing Bucky. I wasn't thinking about that in the moment of watching the movie, but it is an unanswered question. One would hope someone like Steve Rogers would not sit back and let that happen, despite the consequences of affecting the future.

He probably would have freely meddled.

I just can't rationalize how he manages to show up at the end... clearly Sharon Carter wouldn't exist. Did he finally choose to zap back after years of living his life to say goodbye to his old colleagues?

This is why I think the Universe Steve stayed in actually is not the Universe of the Avengers anymore. I don't know how he made it back, but there was just way too much setup from the Ancient One for Steve not to have driven an alternate reality.

Tony Perkis

I’ve watched them now a few times on YouTube, but there are 2 perfectly shot, choreographed, and scored scenes.

The return of all of the Avengers. This is fan service, but fan service in the best method possible. It’s a love letter moment to all 22 films.

The final shot with Cap’s dance with Carter. Instead of finishing on a high audience cheering last shot (looking at you, Ultron), the film decides to get smaller for a wonderful character moment. I think the final 5 minutes of this film are absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
He probably would have freely meddled.

I just can't rationalize how he manages to show up at the end... clearly Sharon Carter wouldn't exist. Did he finally choose to zap back after years of living his life to say goodbye to his old colleagues?

This is why I think the Universe Steve stayed in actually is not the Universe of the Avengers anymore. I don't know how he made it back, but there was just way too much setup from the Ancient One for Steve not to have driven an alternate reality.

Well in the Quantum Realm space and time are basically irrelevant, so there is no real order to how things have to be done. But one explanation could be he popped back and lived his life with Peggy first, maybe meddles, and then once Peggy dies goes back and delivers all the stones to their respective time periods. In that case when he delivered all the stones to their respective times its resets all the time periods, and thus is able to go back to the proper time/universe to meetup with Sam to hand over the shield.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
55857639_10161673070050333_302333317879955456_n.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
In that case when he delivered all the stones to their respective times its resets all the time periods, and thus is able to go back to the proper time/universe to meetup with Sam to hand over the shield.

The inference is he doesn't jump to that sequence tho.. as he's been there waiting for them and has no tech on him. So the timeline he is in simply converges at that point. It's suggested (IMO) that he's been on one continuous path since Peggy and was just waiting/aging while waiting for that sync up moment again.

Fun thought... does aging Captn America get dusted and restored? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom