Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Mike S

Just wanted to throw out one more of my favorite things....
The final battle where Thor and Cap call back their weapons, and Cap gets Axe and Thor gets Hammer - Thor" oh no, big one is mine, you can take the smaller one" Just too funny.

Oh, and Cap vs. Cap - "I can do this all day....yeah, yeah I know....." bwahahahaha - fun to still see this kind of humor to put tongue in cheek for key things
I was glued to the screen expecting “I can do this all day” again when Thanos broke his shield.

Oh and for anyone who might wonder why Thanos could hold Stormbreaker it’s because that weapon was never enchanted by Odin. Technically anyone whose strong enough should be able to use it. Mjolnir on the other hand had that spell put on it in the first Thor movie that you have to be worthy :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And the CineScore is in: A+, which typically means the movie will make 4.8 times it's opening weekend.

For now, I put the break-even number for BO.

And there should be a significant jump for Captain Marvel this weekend. When I checked my local theater for seats, all the Endgame theaters were practically sold out... and the Captain Marvel ones, too. I'm guessing people who couldn't get a ticket for Endgame are going to CM if they had missed it in preparation.

WDWmazprty

Saw it again last night and of course it was better. The final battle scene, before it actually all went down, where Sam says: " On your left", was brilliant. That was a great throwback to them first getting to know each other. Then everyone starts appearing and the theater went nuts!

Also when Cap starts wielding Mjolnir and he literally lights Thanos up with the lightning was another crowd explosive moment.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
And the CineScore is in: A+, which typically means the movie will make 4.8 times it's opening weekend.

View attachment 367665

And there should be a significant jump for Captain Marvel this weekend. When I checked my local theater for seats, all the Endgame theaters were practically sold out... and the Captain Marvel ones, too. I'm guessing people who couldn't get a ticket for Endgame are going to CM if they had missed it in preparation.
Well, it’s now forecast to hit $349 mil!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Saw it again last night and of course it was better. The final battle scene, before it actually all went down, where Sam says: " On your left", was brilliant. That was a great throwback to them first getting to know each other. Then everyone starts appearing and the theater went nuts!

Also when Cap starts wielding Mjolnir and he literally lights Thanos up with the lightning was another crowd explosive moment.
When he said Avengers Assemble it was glorious!

Mike S

One of the best scenes in the movie :

I... am... Iron Man.

View attachment 367671
I still can’t believe all that fanart was right.

Since I explained Stormbreaker I want to go into this too.

“Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

The power of Thor is Lightning ;)

Literally the only thing that would’ve made this scene even more BA than it already is is if Cap got his own Asgardian armor in a flash of lightning once Mjolnir returned 🤩

WDWmazprty

I still can’t believe all that fanart was right.

Since I explained Stormbreaker I want to go into this too.

“Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

The power of Thor is Lightning ;)

Literally the only thing that would’ve made this scene even more BA than it already is is if Cap got his own Asgardian armor in a flash of lightning once Mjolnir returned 🤩

I agree! Red white and blue Asgardian armor to match Cap! Wouldn't have really made sense , buy would've been cool! Lol!

Mike S

I agree! Red white and blue Asgardian armor to match Cap! Wouldn't have really made sense , buy would've been cool! Lol!
In the first Thor when Thor got Mjolnir back his armor came too and Stormbreaker healed him in IW. It might be different rules for Asgardians though.

Edit: he also gets his armor back in this movie when he summons both weapons.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

View attachment 367665

It’s gonna make truckloads of cash....

And the end of the day - it’s a good movie. With the “right kind” of fan service.

That’s always been what mattered. We can look at financials and charts all we want - but the emotional pull combined with word of mouth determines if a movie is worth the gigabytes it is shot on.

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
It’s gonna make truckloads of cash....

And the end of the day - it’s a good movie. With the “right kind” of fan service.

That’s always been what mattered. We can look at financials and charts all we want - but the emotional pull combined with word of mouth determines if a movie is worth the gigabytes it is shot on.
Gonna equals is. It’s doing numbers I didn’t think were possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom