Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just hope if he’s in Guardians 3 he’s back to his old self. This movie took what Ragnarok did and took it way too far but thankfully he still got his BA fight scenes.

“BRING ME THANOS!!!” still wasn’t topped though.

Ragnarok was millennial crap - in my opinion. They coulda called it “the asgardians and the furious”

That’s just me.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Thor leaving his people also goes in the face of his whole arc from Ragnarok to IW. It’s just weird what they did to him in this movie.
I’m not sure if the Russos ever knew what to do with Thor. Infinity War felt different for him too (the big deal about him not needing Mjölnir in Ragnarok vs never using his lightning powers in IW vs his drunkenness & weight gain for most of Endgame). Cap & Friends were the characters the Russos seemed to handle the best.

MouseMelly

Exactly... I would be so much more satisfied if Thor wasn’t done in such a joke. What a waste of everything from the last two movies.

It’s like they’re setting up for a vision from Odin a la Mufasa to Simba.
“You are more than what you have become!”
Thor leaving his people also goes in the face of his whole arc from Ragnarok to IW. It’s just weird what they did to him in this movie.
I’m not sure if the Russos ever knew what to do with Thor. Infinity War felt different for him too (the big deal about him not needing Mjölnir in Ragnarok vs never using his lightning powers in IW vs his drunkenness & weight gain for most of Endgame). Cap & Friends were the characters the Russos seemed to handle the best.

Mike S

IW always made sense to me because we’ve already seen lightning alone couldn’t stop Hela so maybe the same was true of Thanos.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Alright, some first reactions from me, 1 hour out of seeing the movie
  • Was this the most violent MCU film? Because Thor decapitated Thanos, we saw that happen on screen. Also, Clint slit a mob boss’s throat on screen as well. I’m getting used to the violence (thanks HBO), but it stood out to me in this movie.
  • I had a feeling we were going to get Hawkeye losing his family as the opening scene, and sure I was right, but that still hurt. That was the first time I teared up.
  • If people skipped out on Captain Marvel and its mid credits scene, they had to have been confused as hell as to how Carol got on Earth and was already with the Avengers
  • Speaking of that, would have liked more of her interacting with people.
  • Seeing how thin Tony was... that did stand out to me a bit.
  • Did we get a scene with the entire living Stark-Potts family? Or not? Because I’m not sure if we got a scene with Tony, Pepper, and Morgan (whose middle name had to be Howard, right?)
  • With the exception of Thor, I think the rest of the original team all had successful, complete arcs. As soon as Nat landed on Vormir with Clint, I knew she wasn’t going to make it, but I still had this sliver of hope that maybe they would both go over, and both live. And that was the moment I lost it in the theater.
  • Now we know we’re getting a prequel for that Black Widow movie
  • Shout out to the Russos for giving Frigga a great tiny plot!!! She was underused in the two films she got, so that was unexpected and it made me happy!
  • Speaking of Asgardians- is this where the Loki tv show comes in?
  • Thanos felt different. Maybe it’s because he was younger, idk.
  • I’m glad it was Hulk to bring everyone back. That felt right.
  • It being 2024 in the MCU for Spider-Man: Far From Home is going to be weird though.
  • Steve taking Mjölnir. What a moment. I cried. Everyone in my theater applauded
  • I thought Steve was a goner. I really did. Especially when Thanos punched him in the chest.
  • CAROL DANVERS, WHERE THE EFF WERE YOU?!?!?! Glad you can keep popping in at the last moment, but come on girl, stop being dramatic and help your dang friends. Love the comic haircut though, AND HER BRIEFLY ACKNOWLEDGING RHODEY.
  • Also, this is the first time a Marvel tv character showed up in a movie, right? I loved seeing Jarvis from Agent Carter show up.
  • Look I’m sure it was to make up for killing the one female original Avenger, but that moment where all of the named women join together... that was a good moment. Seeing that on my screen in 2019... look, I am a 27 year old grown woman, and that was a very powerful moment for me
  • Thor suiting up before battling Thanos (with the braided beard) apparently audibly awakened something in both me and one of my friends, because the friend in the middle of us said ‘Calm down, you two’ 😂
  • Tony dying... that was also hard. I’ve never heard a movie theater so quiet before.
  • How old were Clint’s kids in AoU? Because they seemed older than they should have been in Endgame (with the exception of Nate).
  • I really thought we were going to get the return of Vision
  • I know I haven’t said anything about Nebula, but I’m still processing. I’m not sure if that plot totally worked, minus the implication of another Gamora still existing in this universe.
  • The stylized credits signaled a finale for me, not a ‘stay tuned for the next installment’.
I’m sticking with my B grade for now. Going to need to see it again to truly make up my mind though.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
IW always made sense to me because we’ve already seen lightning alone couldn’t stop Hela so maybe the same was true of Thanos.
The characters the Russos handled best (with the exception of Vision and Thanos) were human. With the Guardians, I think James Gunn was able to give some good input, but Thor and Hulk/Bruce seemed out of their range. Now granted, these are the two characters we’ll probably see in cameos in the future, or in Avengers 5 (we know it will happen at some point).

I just realized who Professor Hulk reminded me of: the Monster post-brain transfer towards the end of Young Frankenstein. I sat in that theater for like 3 hours with a feeling of familiarity, that’s it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A+

I don’t know if I will be able to watch another Marvel movie now. Iron Man is dead. 🥴😭😭😭😭😭
Still processing. I am going to see it again tonight at 10pm. The grown men on either side of me were openly bawling when Iron Man died. I don’t think I have ever heard so many people crying in a theater.

Admittedly - I’m a Cap guy. And I loved what they did there. Relieving the tortured backstory of that character really works for me.

I’m gonna get flamed for this - but I loved how they handled black widow too. I appreciate Johansson - she was great in winter soldier - but I think it was time.

You had to know about Downey when Iger thanked him specifically before the premier. No need to thank anyone individually unless...read between the lines.

I also think he had been played out. Disney has to guard against Johnny Depp syndrome with its franchises now...really diminishes the longevity of franchises when you keep going the same routes with the characters. So that’s ok too.

Longterm...mcu has been an amazing run...but I think it’s legit to expect a bit of a decline. All good things.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
When Tony saw Peter again that was pure joy to watch, Tony dying yea I will admit I cried I may be a grown man but there were tears, also there were 3 girls sitting next to me and they were sobbing their hearts out over that scene that didn't make it any easier for me.
As for Thor, I had no problem with how he was, he was wallowing in self pity he knew he was the reason for the snap, and so he just shut himself away and drank and ate to make himself feel better, he explains it to his mother saying he cut his head off but he knew it was a worthless act as there was nothing that at the time could be done to erase what had happened he really just needed someone to talk to to let it all out, as for leaving Asgard yea I can see that after the events he still feels lost and has no real purpose, he doesn't really want to rule as he is really more about the action so giving Valkyrie the Throne make sense as he knows she will do a better job than him.

They did such a good job of bringing everyone back and filming scenes from alternate angles.

Seeing Cap use Mjolnir was awesome to see and that final fight just damn, in the end we lost 4 people, Loki, Vision, Natasha (booo) and Tony (inevitable but boooooooooooooooooooo)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom