Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

lazyboy97o

Interesting, if thats the case they should have another subscription tier that includes the new films.
That though would allow people to switch between tiers for different releases. Premier Access not only gets people to subscribe but also incentivizes maintaining a subscription to retain access to the purchased title.

G.L.A.D.I.O

Coaster-1200x730.jpg
4b.jpg

Could this be what we'll get at the end ? :

*it's a coaster
*ride vehicules have this very cool arc reactor on their vest harnesses
*and we keep the aeronautic theme

téléchargement.jpeg

lazyboy97o

View attachment 583532View attachment 583533
Could this be what we'll get at the end ? :

*it's a coaster
*ride vehicules have this very cool arc reactor on their vest harnesses
*and we keep the aeronautic theme

View attachment 583536
Unlikely.

Disney tries to keep ride system patents secret if they’re part of an active project. See the pendulum ride system.

The loading requires a lot of expensive vertical space and expensive safety systems. Vekoma’s Flying Dutchman 2 system (see F.L.Y. at Phantasialand) can achieve similar boarding and has greater options provided by the rotation mechanism (the technological basis for the spinning in Gaurdians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind).

waltography

Dr. Strange isn't a big enough character on his own, but knowing that Scarlet Witch and Loki will both be in it, plus the film being about the multiverse, will definitely draw in audiences. Surely Spider-Man and Thor will also be big hits. Unfortunately, I don't expect massive success from Shang-Chi or The Eternals (not that they'll be bombs, just not smash hits). Honestly, they just don't look or sound that interesting. Shang-Chi especially looks particularly generic. Of course, we'll see with time. I still haven't seen Far From Home or Black Widow, and was left disappointed by Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but I did like the first half of Wandavision and I really enjoyed Loki. I may go ahead and watch No Way Home because I like the Sam Raimi, but I don't like what they've done with Tom Holland's Spider-Man (it's just has given me nothing I want from Spider-Man) and I expect the director will mishandle the Raimi characters.
Multiverse of Madness will be riding on a lot of general curiosity (initially marketed as Marvel's first horror movie, hot off the success of WandaVision/Loki). I think I have more faith in The Eternals; it's riding off the hype of Chloe Zhao + its cast right now. At the very least I fully expect it to outperform Shang-Chi.

mickEblu

Multiverse of Madness will be riding on a lot of general curiosity (initially marketed as Marvel's first horror movie, hot off the success of WandaVision/Loki). I think I have more faith in The Eternals; it's riding off the hype of Chloe Zhao + its cast right now. At the very least I fully expect it to outperform Shang-Chi.

I’m not really into these movies because they all start feeling the same/ shallow to a non fan like me but when you say “Marvels first horror movie” that gets my attention. Splitting all these Marvel movies that are one genre and very similar into different genres sounds like a wise idea.

DanielBB8

I think I have more faith in The Eternals; it's riding off the hype of Chloe Zhao + its cast right now. At the very least I fully expect it to outperform Shang-Chi.

Disney has even less confidence in Eternals if Shang Chi fails. LOL!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Last edited by a moderator:

DanielBB8

You know it has to do with movie theaters' plight in a pandemic and not the studios' confidence in the product, right?

I suspect something else in my Spider senses.

Spiderman will open on Dec 17, 2021. Pandemic is not its excuse.

Eternals opens on November 5, 2021 with no competition, unless the low budget horror The Beta Test humiliates it like The Quiet Place 2 did to Cruella.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I also have seen the Box Office of a bunch of movies from different studios that made a lot less than they normally would have.

If you want to believe that every studios' blockbusters for the past year were all pretty bad and that's why they only made 10-50% of what such movies would have made in the past, you're welcome to have that thought in your head.

DanielBB8

Yeah, I believe there is a pandemic.

I also have seen the Box Office of a bunch of movies from different studios that made a lot less than they normally would have.

If you want to believe that every studios' blockbusters for the past year were all pretty bad and that's why they only made 10-50% of what such movies would have made in the past, you're welcome to have that thought in your head.

Doesn't match reality, but, go ahead and believe it.
The pandemic means all these expensive $200+ budgeted movies will flop. That's no excuse to keep delaying the movie. Eternals will perform as well as it can now. It won't do better if they keep delaying it. The only alternative is a direct to Disney+ Premiere as what they might very well do. The Marvel slate in 2022 is much busier with Thor, Guardians, and Dr. Strange coming out. I suspect they will do much better than Eternals.

Eternals will also continue the Thanos storyline for just a little longer like why they were not there. We're already 2 years out since Endgame. Just do it or not do it.

Last edited:

J4546

well they are tearing down the jedi training temple area in hong kong tomorrowland...thats where the entrance to the new avengers e ticket is going....

PostScott

I suspect something else in my Spider senses.

Spiderman will open on Dec 17, 2021. Pandemic is not its excuse.

Eternals opens on November 5, 2021 with no competition, unless the low budget horror The Beta Test humiliates it like The Quiet Place 2 did to Cruella.
NWH is the third installment in one of their biggest trilogies with the most well-known superhero of all time, with the movie also connecting the other spiderman franchises. I'd say it's the biggest movie we'll get until the next avengers but even though I'm not sure if Avengers 5 can top Spiderman NWH.

Eternals does have a big competent director and cast, but it is a new group of characters taking a very weird and unique direction in the MCU. New characters means a bigger risk vs. the end to a huge trilogy.

SplashGhost

Say what you want about Marvel movies, they do have their issues, but they are far better than 99% of the rest of the movies that Disney has put out in recent years. Most modern Disney movies feel soulless and made by committee. Marvel has pretty much mastered the art of managing to make movies that manage to be good under the constraints of the Disney corporation.

Californian Elitist

Say what you want about Marvel movies, they do have their issues, but they are far better than 99% of the rest of the movies that Disney has put out in recent years. Most modern Disney movies feel soulless and made by committee. Marvel has pretty much mastered the art of managing to make movies that manage to be good under the constraints of the Disney corporation.
Yep. As much as I’d prefer some good, original material from Disney, it’s just not happening. The Marvel films and shows are way more entertaining to watch and engage with. They actually keep my interest. I haven’t bothered to watch the last few cartoon-to-live-action films that Disney has put out. I feel like I’d be wasting my time because they’re just not good (I did like Cinderella and I thought Beauty and the Beast was decent). The live movies they put out that aren’t from their animated library are even worse.

In my opinion, the last excellent live-action movie Disney made was Curse of the Black Pearl. That movie came out in 2003, nearly 20 years ago. I’m done waiting for Disney to produce amazing content. Marvel it is. Spider-Man: No Way Home looks amazing. Looking forward to possibly seeing that in theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom