Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

J4546

the announcement of sse getting its major refurb makes me optimistic that disney is willing to keep spend some money....hopefully they put some towards phase 2 sooner than later!

lazyboy97o

I know @britain already touched on this, but generally speaking, the cost of having WDI do story development would be far more expensive, and not make the same return that having your studio produce something would net you. WDI's only option for producing an original story would be the equivalent of producing another Endgame level tent pole movie ($200M+), and not even the studios would take that gamble on an unknown story/franchise.

It also should be considered that, the studios SHOULD be far better at telling stories, because they've been at it far longer than Imagineering has.

Yeah but this also betrays the darker reality of theme parks: Disney could make a lot of money if they just started building coasters like Universal and Sea World. Not going for the cheap win, is what sets Disney apart... right?
Claiming that the cost to develop new ideas is too much is just ignoring the real issue. The franchise mandate was not instituted in response to a failure, it was in a moment of success. If it’s goal was to contain costs then it has not just failed a little, but totally and completely as costs have spiraled out of control since it’s inception.

It makes no sense to just keep trying to treat symptoms in the same tepid manner when the disease is getting aggressively worse. Walt Disney Imagineering’s inability to deliver a cost effective attraction has nothing to do with the costs of developing a new idea nor is it the result of doing more than a bare steel coaster (which they can’t even do in a cost effective manner, see Slinky Dog Dash vs Time Traveler). The new Marvel E-Ticket is a shining example of the broken process. The project has been stuck in development hell for years now because Walt Disney Imagineering can’t develop an attraction with sufficient capacity within an already extremely high budget. Even when it seemed they might have something, Disney couldn’t justify the expense at that moment despite Marvel being their biggest franchise and even now there is hesitancy and reconsideration of the project.

But but why can’t shoes be a storytelling medium!? I’m a creative genius that has found a really compelling way to tell unique stories with shoes that everyone will love if you’ll only give me a chance! Why am I condemned to churning out shoes with Anna & Elsa, Hulk, and BB8 on them!?
You might have a point if most shoes weren’t free of branding and theme parks didn’t have a long history of compelling original attractions. And why couldn’t a talented designer use shoes to tell a story?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But but why can’t shoes be a storytelling medium!? I’m a creative genius that has found a really compelling way to tell unique stories with shoes that everyone will love if you’ll only give me a chance! Why am I condemned to churning out shoes with Anna & Elsa, Hulk, and BB8 on them!?
shoes dip.gif

Suspirian

I hate that management assumes guests will only respond positively to things they've already seen on TV and in movies... Or that movie-goers only want to watch live-action remakes of their animated favorites.
It’s kinda insane to me seeing that Disneyland is literally a brand in itself. The average person hearing of a new ride at Disneyland would be interested regardless of what its themed to be. You have a whole group of locals and super fans that buy passes and make repeated visits. To think they’d only want to see IP based attractions when you can literally throw anything in their face and they’d love it is strange to me.

Last edited:

Suspirian

Im kinda glad theres a possibility of getting a different e ticket considering the plan they had before seemed heavily screen based

Robbiem

Maybe updating the theme would be a good idea. Like Galaxies Edge I do not really understand the idea behind theming something to a very specific time period when things have moved on, its almost like dating something before it opens so people don’t complain later how dated its become because its been that way all along.

It would also be interesting to see Disney use the marvel comics for inspiration rather than the movies. Imagine a runaway railway style set up where you jump into the pages of a comic strip - that could be a fun, timeless premise for an attraction

SirLink

Just to point out the plans as far as I'm aware are sitting on the shelf all designed for Anaheim, Paris and Hong Kong. The only way this is built is if 3 are under construction at the same time. All three resorts are in different positions of stabilising in the midst of a pandemic. Then there is the recovery afterwards, before construction on new projects will begin. So that would put it around 2026

britain

I had not heard that either, but I kind of figured since the art shows a Quinjet parked right above the very expendable stunt show area.

SirLink

If the rumors are true. It being set in wakanda with black panther. With the main star no longer with us. They have to go back to the drawing board since he can not film or record any new dialogue for the ride. They'll either not use him. Cgi him/get a voice actor/piece together previous dialogue to make it fit or go into a whole new direction.

FYI Black Panther is a mantle which will be passed on.

D.Silentu

If the rumors are true. It being set in wakanda with black panther. With the main star no longer with us. They have to go back to the drawing board since he can not film or record any new dialogue for the ride. They'll either not use him. Cgi him/get a voice actor/piece together previous dialogue to make it fit or go into a whole new direction.
Black Panther was largely animated in his own movie and Disney commonly uses mimics to voice characters in their rides, so I don't see this as a stumbling block.

D.Silentu

Perhaps, if the ride was opening this year or the next, but the potential opening is years away. It will be interesting to see how they proceed, especially after the next movie.

SirLink

But I could see an uproar since his passing that they're not using his voice. Or want to get approval from his family etc.

There will be a new Black Panther crowned after Black Panther: Wakanda Forever whether it be Shuri, M'Baku or possibly both.

wdrive

But I could see an uproar since his passing that they're not using his voice. Or want to get approval from his family etc.

I’ve never noticed much uproar over Indiana Jones not using Harrison Ford’s voice, or Buzz Lightyear Tim Allen’s. Surely it’s even more understandable not to use the original voice if the actor has died?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom