Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

No Name

or the tron coaster for that matter.... use the retheme the motorcycle ride vehicles and turn it into capt america on a harley, or thor on some asgaurdian thing, or ghost rider....of course having a massive light up canopy would kind of defeat the campus theme lol but id be fine with it
The problem with that is the Tron coaster is it kind of sucks.
I mean…I think it is fine fo a retheme. RnRC was never an Imagineering triumph.
I really like RnRC although the one in Paris was not great. I’m not against the retheme but I think if they’re building from scratch in DCA they can do better.

Rich T

I’m expecting a budget-slashed, screen-based toy commercial with terrible capacity that’ll open in several years, just as the general public loses nearly all interest in superhero movies.

Meanwhile, Epic Universe will unveil an amazing land paying tribute to Warner and Fleischer 30’s animation and Disney’s CEO will be shoveling baked beans into his mouth while saying, “If only we had cartoons like dose guys!”

el_super

The problem with that is the Tron coaster is it kind of sucks.

Seriously. Tron isn't all that great.

Meanwhile, Epic Universe will unveil an amazing land paying tribute to Warner and Fleischer 30’s animation and Disney’s CEO will be shoveling baked beans into his mouth while saying, “If only we had cartoons like dose guys!”

And after Epic Universe opens, Magic Kingdom (with half the rides of Disneyland) will still be the #1 theme park in the world and people will be waiting 2 hours for TRON (still).

Rich T

And after Epic Universe opens, Magic Kingdom (with half the rides of Disneyland) will still be the #1 theme park in the world and people will be waiting 2 hours for TRON (still).
And I wouldn’t be surprised if Magic Kingdom cost $300 a day and requires patsi—I mean “guests”—to reserve all ride and meal times 120 days in advance. Free pin if you sit through a DVC presentation upon check-in. It’s a magical dream of enchanted wishes! 😃

And, yeah, Tron isn’t the greatest.

TragicMike

I’m expecting a budget-slashed, screen-based toy commercial with terrible capacity that’ll open in several years, just as the general public loses nearly all interest in superhero movies.

This gets posted every "several years."

Rich T

This gets posted every "several years."
I’m sure there will always be an audience for loud, cranked-out superhero films. Bless ‘em. It just won’t be nearly as large an audience. And there’ll always be appreciation for the occasional excellent movie in the genre.

Last edited:

Tamandua

I think you're significantly underestimating the popularity of the MCU...
I'm I the only person that watched all the MCU movies up until Endgame but now feels like I want to stop? I like most of the movies but it starts to feel overbearing trying to keep up and remember everything going on from all the movies. I was 25 and had lots of time when the first Marvel movie came out. Now I'm 38 and have kids and much less time for it. And now there's all these TV shows tying into it making it even more complicated. None of the upcoming Marvel movies sound really appealing to me, and I think I'm going to stop seeing them. Maybe someday I'll go back and watch them at my convenience, but the days of me going to the theater to watch the Marvel movies is over.

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm I the only person that watched all the MCU movies up until Endgame but now feels like I want to stop? I like most of the movies but it starts to feel overbearing trying to keep up and remember everything going on from all the movies. I was 25 and had lots of time when the first Marvel movie came out. Now I'm 38 and have kids and much less time for it. And now there's all these TV shows tying into it making it even more complicated. None of the upcoming Marvel movies sound really appealing to me, and I think I'm going to stop seeing them. Maybe someday I'll go back and watch them at my convenience, but the days of me going to the theater to watch the Marvel movies is over.

I'm definitely on the same page with that. I still want to see the new Spider-Man movies, but everything else looks kinda meh. However, the post I was quoting is speaking about the Avengers E-ticket, which was to be inspired by the MCU movies that are already released. I don't see the popularity of anything Avengers-related dying down any time soon.

CaptinEO

Haven't seen any Marvel films since "Iron Man", but my friends reflect your sentiment. After End Game they are out.

Tamandua

Yea the mcu has really become a genre unto itself. It's similar to when people saw the Pixar logo, it became synonymous with quality. But the mcu is on an even bigger level.
Like Pixar, that lasted for a while until you started getting bad sequels or something like Captain Marvel. Pixar has dumped their last few releases straight onto Disney+. I have to wonder if the post phase 3 MCU is going to see a decline in interest. I mean, if you like it then keep enjoying it, but I was really enjoying it for a while but not anymore.

Mac Tonight

Like Pixar, that lasted for a while until you started getting bad sequels or something like Captain Marvel. Pixar has dumped their last few releases straight onto Disney+. I have to wonder if the post phase 3 MCU is going to see a decline in interest. I mean, if you like it then keep enjoying it, but I was really enjoying it for a while but not anymore.
Don't let anyone tell you you're alone in feeling that way, because my interest in all things MCU has dropped off dramatically since Endgame too. I've attempted to watch WandaVision, but never finished it. I haven't even thought about starting the other 2 series. I probably will see Black Widow when it comes out... and Thor: Love and Thunder just because I'm a Taika Waititi geek. But as far as being excited for the MCU's future? I don't know... It just doesn't feel as special anymore.

I also never bothered to read any subsequent books that JK Rowling put out after Deathly Hollows either, so maybe its a trend for me.

the_rich

You may not have liked captain marvel(I did) but it made 1.2 billion dollars. Second only to black panther for a marvel origin story. Also Pixar didn't want to release to disney+. That's a reaction to the fact that movie theaters still aren't at full capacity.

the_rich

And out of 24 releases Pixar has 2 misses. The good dinosaur and cars 3. That's a pretty damn good track record.

waltography

Haven't seen any Marvel films since "Iron Man", but my friends reflect your sentiment. After End Game they are out.
That's super interesting, because I hopped onto the Marvel train at the start of WandaVision and have since really enjoyed FatWS and now Loki. I watched a few Marvel movies here and there, but pretty much completely missed Infinity War and Endgame. So far, it's been really easy to catch up on a need-to-know basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom