• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

SirLink

If the rumors are true. It being set in wakanda with black panther. With the main star no longer with us. They have to go back to the drawing board since he can not film or record any new dialogue for the ride. They'll either not use him. Cgi him/get a voice actor/piece together previous dialogue to make it fit or go into a whole new direction.

FYI Black Panther is a mantle which will be passed on.

D.Silentu

If the rumors are true. It being set in wakanda with black panther. With the main star no longer with us. They have to go back to the drawing board since he can not film or record any new dialogue for the ride. They'll either not use him. Cgi him/get a voice actor/piece together previous dialogue to make it fit or go into a whole new direction.
Black Panther was largely animated in his own movie and Disney commonly uses mimics to voice characters in their rides, so I don't see this as a stumbling block.

AL2000HS

Black Panther was largely animated in his own movie and Disney commonly uses mimics to voice characters in their rides, so I don't see this as a stumbling block.
But I could see an uproar since his passing that they're not using his voice. Or want to get approval from his family etc.

D.Silentu

Perhaps, if the ride was opening this year or the next, but the potential opening is years away. It will be interesting to see how they proceed, especially after the next movie.

SirLink

But I could see an uproar since his passing that they're not using his voice. Or want to get approval from his family etc.

There will be a new Black Panther crowned after Black Panther: Wakanda Forever whether it be Shuri, M'Baku or possibly both.

wdrive

I’ve never noticed much uproar over Indiana Jones not using Harrison Ford’s voice, or Buzz Lightyear Tim Allen’s. Surely it’s even more understandable not to use the original voice if the actor has died?

Robbiem

I’ve never noticed much uproar over Indiana Jones not using Harrison Ford’s voice, or Buzz Lightyear Tim Allen’s. Surely it’s even more understandable not to use the original voice if the actor has died?
I think its more about being seen to be respectful to a dead person rather than a cost issue for living actors.
If they are going this route it makes more sense to make it about more up to date but as with any ride based on movies it will age as things move on. Think how the spider man ride would look with Toby Maguire on the pre show or if DHS had opened with a Timothy Dalton James Bond ride

wdrive

I think its more about being seen to be respectful to a dead person rather than a cost issue for living actors.
If they are going this route it makes more sense to make it about more up to date but as with any ride based on movies it will age as things move on. Think how the spider man ride would look with Toby Maguire on the pre show or if DHS had opened with a Timothy Dalton James Bond ride

Oh I agree but also think how the Spider-Man ride will look in 10 years time with whoever is the current Spider-Man these days.
They don’t seem that concerned about the long term.

Robbiem

Oh I agree but also think how the Spider-Man ride will look in 10 years time with whoever is the current Spider-Man these days.
They don’t seem that concerned about the long term.

Long term it will be interesting to see what happens. I could see some of these new additions being like epcot future world Or universal does. Things left to become outdated and then ripped out for something new and more current l

DanielBB8

Actually the decision to go with a projected Peter Parker rather than an animatronic shows that they have taken future actors into account.
They never fitted an animatronic with a new mask? Not impossible. Rise of Resistance can be easily retrofitted with Original Trilogy in both projections and animatronics. I’m pretty sure John Boyega will be quite happy to disassociate himself from further Disney Star Wars humiliation.
E105CA11-9348-458C-9883-20267001695F.jpeg

egg

Harrison Ford just declined to do the voice probably because he thought theme parks are stupid, and rides weren’t as closely tied to the studios and the canon of movie franchises back then. Chadwick Boseman died and was never given the opportunity, and the studio made it clear they won’t recast him. I can just feel the huge difference in reaction those two examples would cause.

Ismael Flores

I’ll reveal details when I can. But the land will get an E-ticket sooner than most here seem to think. And not an Iron Man RnRC.
wasn't the quinjet ride suppose to be built both here and Hong Kong? I would think that to keep cost down they would continue with that idea or if they do change it then they would for both resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom