Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

DCBaker

Premium Member
Looks like more characters coming -

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 2.58.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 2.58.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 2.58.22 PM.png

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well, I didn't see @mickEblu there :D but I had a fantastic day at DCA yesterday! Meaning mostly at the Campus of course. I did stop to shop at Stage 17 and see the Loki photo ops set up outside. And I stopped to enjoy sets of Five & Dime because I adore them and have to support live entertainment at the park. And I left the Campus to eat. lol But basically I spent the day enjoying my own glorious purpose - supporting my Presidential/Ruler For All Time Always candidate (hint: name starts with "Lo" and ends with "ki" - please vote for him!) and getting heckled by the rest of the characters for the whole day. :D

Seriously, I don't know how my day could've been better. I saw Loki in the outfit I'd adored from the first promo pics and had great interactions with him. Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel and Black Widow all teased me for my support of Loki (based on my outfit) and doing my best on behalf of my President of Mischief, I teased them right back. :D And I still found time to get in a dance-off with Star-Lord and Gamora. :)

I even got on Web-Slingers at the end of the night with a backup boarding group I got at 12:03pm (because I was fighting with the app and didn't get to the queue sooner - my fault not its though later it was giving me login issues that freaked me out a bit - like how can I prove my mobile order or my boarding group without my app allowing me into my account?! But that pretty quickly resolved itself by logging out and logging in until it kept it and stayed.) I scored lower than my previous solo time, although this time I boarded as a single who they slotted in with two other people in the row - I left the seat between us open but we all had a grand time on the group efforts involved! (Staying non-specific for those who wish to stay spoiler-free.) :)

MarvelCharacterNerd

Is there still a line to get into the land or is it just open?
You can go in and out as you please via all three entrances as Curious Constance noted - but I recommend entering from the parade route and working your way across towards Avengers HQ and M:BO for the most impressive view and building of interest in the area. Entering from M:BO isn't bad either, but not as exciting ending up at the Slingers store after you've seen all the big set pieces, although that is near where Spidey hangs out. :) The Cars Land entrance/exit should definitely not be your starting point, though it's nice to be able to cut through there again without all the dead ends!

waltography

Wide open all day long at all 3 entrances. They should take the virtual queue off of the Webslingers ride. I don’t think it needs it.
They'd probably sell more of the shooter toys too if they took the VQ off; I hardly see folks buying them anymore, and the number of people placing in the Top 10 with their WEB tech hasn't changed dramatically since opening day which adds to my suspicion that the power-ups are purely cosmetic.

DrAlice

Random ride review for you....

Some family of mine (2 adults and 2 boys, 12 and 9) just visited the parks for the first time in 10 years. Their review of web slingers: "What a disappointment. Waited hour and a half for what? Shooting bots on a screen."

I agree that it is time to lose the boarding group for this one. It sets up a weird expectation that a C/D ticket ride can't meet.

DonaldDoleWhip

Avengers Campus is a fun land, between the epic background music (oh hi, Galaxy’s Edge) and great use of character interactions. Also I have a serious soft spot for Mission Breakout, sorry not sorry, which fits its land much better now.

But Web Slingers is a weak headliner, no questions asked. Fingers crossed another genuine E-ticket still comes.

SplashGhost

Is it just me or does Avengers Campus feel really cramped? It feels like some random MCU stuff thrown next to each other in a very tight space. Plus, with Mission Breakout's front and entrance facing away from Avengers Campus, it doesn't feel like it fits any better in the park than it did before Avengers Campus. For what it was going for, A Bug's Land was vastly better executed. I figure we are at least 5 years out from the Avengers E-Ticket if it ever gets built since construction hasn't started yet, and that will be what is needed to make this land worthwhile IMO.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Reason why AC > GE *IMO* :)

If you're curious about where and when Avengers Campus takes place in the MCU timeline, Walt Disney Imagineering's creative director, Brent Strong, recently shared that the attraction is always taking place in the here and now.

"So first of all, you know, the mission to inspire and empower the next generation of heroes is so important, that we've assembled heroes from across all of space and time for that, for that mission. And it is, we're all about to discover in a couple of weeks when Loki comes out, time is a lot more squishy than any of us think," he explained. "And so trying to put a specific date to it, it can be challenging, but to us, Avengers Campus is here and now, right, we get to live in the moment and these heroes are here with us and you're taking part in that story."

1628216192682.png

Works for me. Just give me ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the characters!!!! :)

mickEblu

yeah the characters are what really make AC a solid land imo. The rides are both good as well, as is some of the food/drinks. But the amount of characters and shows happening all around the land is what GE is missing

I think it’s pretty cheesy to have every popular Marvel super hero out at the same time scattered throughout that tiny land with no cohesive theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom