Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

corran horn

Never seen such praise for the 5-minute cartoon loop preshow that USF uses on their Spider-Man ride as I've inferred today.

I guess you get to walk through a monochrome (really manilla in many cases) Daily Bugle bullpen.

lazyboy97o

Sure, and the only thing that looks debatably phoned in is the decision over ticket level, or poor choice about music (can’t really be determined by these videos at this time). I can’t get over how high-quality the set dressings all over the queue look. I’ve seen “industrial” and “techy” at Six Flags, and it looks like non-designed puke. The Imagineers tasked with carrying out these orders did a very admirable, beautiful job!

(For contrast, I think the Imagineers tasked with making Pixar Pier did not.)

It simply might not have been made with people like you in mind.
The reaction to the ride being just okay seems to be pretty common.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Did we ever got a real theoretical hourly capacity number for this? I searched the thread and just found lots of speculation.

AEfx

(And it definitely doesn’t mean they should be embarrassed. How on earth are we going to get our children to not fear failure if we keep equating failure with embarrassment?)
Well, I can't comment on how people raise their children - but that isn't really related to the point.

I'll stick with the "they should be embarrassed" - because, in my opinion, it's a screen-based Spiderman ride that was done much, much better more than two decades ago by another company. Flailing your arms about while stationary most of the time, in pretty generic looking video scenes, versus the fast-paced adventure through a comic book city brought to life, with iconic villains, exciting scenes, and real effects added.

DanielBB8

Yeah but the transition into the "5th Dimension" destroys the value of the actual effect. It's like a magician stopping midway through a trick to try to explain why it's so cool.
The 5th Dimension room is when you're transitioning into the Twilight Zone as opposed to just observing it in the other scenes. Then boom, you're in the new Twilight Zone elevator shaft. In DCA's ToT, you're in the TZ while also observing it. That's a bit lazy.

Sharon&Susan

(And it definitely doesn’t mean they should be embarrassed. How on earth are we going to get our children to not fear failure if we keep equating failure with embarrassment?)
Thinkchild.jpg

Stevek

Doesn't look overly exciting...basically the same at Knott's 3D shooter games but will wait until I ride to truly judge. I will say that it looks like Toy Story Midway Mania would still be more appealing to me.

lazyboy97o

It really is a shame that this is what we ended up with for the most popular and profitable franchise in history.
Did anyone else see those canceled Spiderman roller coaster models. Now that would have been a ride...
Again, those models were for a retheme of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

britain

The reaction to the ride being just okay seems to be pretty common.

I haven't been on it yet, but being a 44 year old from an earlier era of theme park attractions, I'd probably say it's only okay as well. Let's wait and see what the reaction from the 12 and under crowd is.

(Cue "Walt wanted the whole family to enjoy the rides" in 3.. 2.. 1..)

(Prep "Little kids can't ride IOA Spider-Man" response in 9.. 8.. 7..)

denyuntilcaught

Mermaids - ocean. Cars - Route 66.

And monsters are still in Hollywood. For now.

It’s like Iger announced “I demand we shoehorn this IP we just bought into the parks somehow”. This is like opening Avland without FOP. But with more restaurants. In the Magic Kingdom.

At least Paris still has an E for it.
This is a stretch by all means, but I always saw Avengers Campus as harking back to some of the most renowned college campuses in California (Stanford, USC).

Though I know that's just me doing WDI's work for them.

lazyboy97o

I haven't been on it yet, but being a 44 year old from an earlier era of theme park attractions, I'd probably say it's only okay as well. Let's wait and see what the reaction from the 12 and under crowd is.

(Cue "Walt wanted the whole family to enjoy the rides" in 3.. 2.. 1..)

(Prep "Little kids can't ride IOA Spider-Man" response in 9.. 8.. 7..)
Four year olds no longer qualify as little kids?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom