Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Sailor310

I'm still confused on the Pym Test Kitchen. Will this be both an indoor and outdoor eating area? At first I thought it was strictly outdoor. But the area outside looks a bit small for a lot of people to sit outside. At least based on what I can see. But it's just nice we'll get another restaurant in DCA.
They don't need much room......they shrink you after you pick up your food. ;)

Markiewong

Does anybody have conformation that the quinjet E-ticket is the same planned for Hong Kong (and potentially Paris). I don’t see Disney cancelling an Avngers E-Ticket they could have split over three parks.

CaptinEO

Does anybody have conformation that the quinjet E-ticket is the same planned for Hong Kong (and potentially Paris). I don’t see Disney cancelling an Avngers E-Ticket they could have split over three parks.
I think cancelled isn't the right word, it would just be on hold. Covid definitely hit the parks hard and the parks lost over 5 billion dollars in 2020 alone by not being open.

It seems the company decided to continue on with construction that was already in progress, but put a hold on new construction.

I am surprised that construction never seemed to start for the Avengers E ticket though. At least with SW Land Rise was in progress and supposed to open with the land.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
News to me. I thought DCA was the only one getting it.
From what I've gathered (but I'll accept correction):

DCA:
Has: GoTG:MB
Getting: Web Slingers: A Circuit City Experience, Quinjet (Phase 2)

Paris:
Has: Nothing
Getting: Web Slingers: Another Circuit City Experience, Renovated Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to Iron Man

Hong Kong:
Has: Iron Man Experience (Star Tours like simulator), Ant-Man & Mork from Ork Nano Nano Battle (Buzz type ride)
Getting: Quinjet

No Name

It’s not the same according to some here like GiveMeTheMusic. There’s been no official word, and we know surprisingly little about either, and neither have started construction. But I’ve heard the Hong Kong one is more like a RotR style ride and the one here is more like a coaster. But I make no promises and it’s possible Disney changes their plans.

BrianLo

Original Poster

From everything I have also read, it is (was) not the same attraction.

HK is strange because there is some hearsay that it's cancelled... but it's a partly government funded project. Disney would be in no position to cancel it. Nor would they turn down the government funding. We would have heard if the government pulled it, but it's part of a larger already approved budget.

Some of the money Disney (and therefore the government) spends flows back to them circuitously by paying for R&D.

No Name

HK is strange because there is some hearsay that it's cancelled... but it's a partly government funded project. Disney would be in no position to cancel it. Nor would they turn down the government funding. We would have heard if the government pulled it, but it's part of a larger already approved budget.

Some of the money Disney (and therefore the government) spends flows back to them circuitously by paying for R&D.
Yeah any changes to the budget would've been voted on by their government and that's all public info. My only concern is that, since the Frozen flat ride got changed to a little coaster, that might've added extra expense, and that plus some budget overruns could've cut the Avengers E-ticket out of the plans. Of course I hope not!

BrianLo

Original Poster
Yeah any changes to the budget would've been voted on by their government and that's all public info. My only concern is that, since the Frozen flat ride got changed to a little coaster, that might've added extra expense, and that plus some budget overruns could've cut the Avengers E-ticket out of the plans. Of course I hope not!

Fortunately, the original proposal did include another project dubbed "a re-imagined attraction for 2021". That never materialized and my belief is its budget is what actually plumped up Frozen. Their Marvel attraction is not due until 2024 anyways based on the original proposed timeline. I think that's likely been pushed off another year due to the Pandemic to 2025. So I'm not super excited yet that it hasn't started.

Finally, if it had been cut a while ago, I can't imagine the government would be happy with them razing the perfectly functional (and quite new) Autotopia for no reason.

VJ

interesting how much more likely disney is to splurge on a project when it's someone else's money 👀 (also see TDR)

No Name

I wonder why they changed the arrow in the Avengers logo just for the land. Is it something to do with the Universal contract? Just a weird creative decision? I guess it doesn't look bad but I will not rest until this is explained in an elaborate backstory on the Disney Parks Blog.

ec6848799240b055746c6a746f10a6bc.jpg
avengers__endgame__2019__avengers_logo_png__by_mintmovi3_dd4bz30-pre.png

avengers-campus-sign-6-7552405-1200x900.jpg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I wonder why they changed the arrow in the Avengers logo just for the land. Is it something to do with the Universal contract? Just a weird creative decision? I guess it doesn't look bad but I will not rest until this is explained in an elaborate backstory on the Disney Parks Blog.

View attachment 556674View attachment 556675
View attachment 556676
This land was not made by Marvel and the intern who designed this door didn't pay attention to what came before. Disney doesn't collaborate with anyone anymore. Like for star tours (the original) and Indiana Jones you can feel George Lucas's involvement with those rides. His touch of creativity. Rise of the resistance and Smuggler's Run? Nope. They feel too corporate. This land will be no different.

No Name

This land was not made by Marvel and the intern who designed this door didn't pay attention to what came before. Disney doesn't collaborate with anyone anymore. Like for star tours (the original) and Indiana Jones you can feel George Lucas's involvement with those rides. His touch of creativity. Rise of the resistance and Smuggler's Run? Nope. They feel too corporate. This land will be no different.
Yikes. It's obviously a careful design and it's reflected all throughout the land and on all marketing material. And they actually collaborate much more with the studios now.

MagicWDI

I don't honestly believe this statement could be any more incorrect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom