Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Glad to see they put something there to somewhat delineate between the two lands and that you're entering the campus at that point.

image-70.jpeg

J4546

that pathway, between the massive art of animation building, and massive theater is a really weak point in theming of the entire park, at least on the wall of the animation building. I hope they someday add maybe at city building facade or something to just not have a giant blank warehouse wall

waltography

that pathway, between the massive art of animation building, and massive theater is a really weak point in theming of the entire park, at least on the wall of the animation building. I hope they someday add maybe at city building facade or something to just not have a giant blank warehouse wall
The original DCA 2.0 Phase 2 was supposed to turn the Backlot into an actual Hollywoodland, which included a proper Hyperion facade - instead they took the name without the theme. I'm still mad at that decision.

You can even see it in the Avengers Campus concept art the facade that was meant to be:

fctiger

Couple minor observations:

Scaffolding on the back of the Animation Building. I know there have been some concerns about it not matching. Wonder if it will have anything on it or be a solid color.:

View attachment 552474

It would be nice if they did some kind of mural for it, to give the area more character. Since you clearly can't block it out, just make a nice MCU related art work that ties into the land. I rather have that then just some solid color looking wall.

J4546

these pics make me super excited for dl/ca to reopen and i really want to go, but damnit not having annual passes makes it so expensive. park hopper tix are like 200 a piece... Ill prob go after avengers campus opens just cause im fiending haha but I hope they bring back annual passes soon. I just got annual passes to Knotts because they are so cheap i figured why not. Knotts is a cool park Ive been before so totally worth the 100bux spent for a year. And disney is awesome as well but 200bux for 1 day with cut hours....hard to do

CaptinEO

I like how Guardians made the whole skyline of Disney California Adventure ugly and now they needed it to uglify the ground as well?

What's next green smoke spraying from it so the air around it is ugly too?

Am I supposed to be "immersed" now that I go from "Walt Disney's 1930s Hollywood" to some blue disgusting blood dripping all over the floor?

D.Silentu

I'm intrigued by this new ground cover. If it has a problem, it's the fact that what we're seeing doesn't translate well. I've watched both Guardians movies but I can't identify the stains on the ground. It's visually interesting, but theming should not be so obscure.

October82

It's unfortunate because all the additions that have been made recently (Avengers Campus & Pixar Pier) could have honestly been done tastefully. I have no idea whats going on in those WDI offices

I still have no idea what the Guardians tower and surroundings are trying to be.

The new lamp-posts really put an exclamation point on how weird Art Deco influenced mission revival architecture translates to the fortress-warehouse-power plant aesthetic that we all know so well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom