Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Twilight_Roxas

Highly doubt it since it’s a different multiversal story. With the cinematic universe dealing with Kang while the attraction is dealing with Thanos.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Highly doubt it since it’s a different multiversal story. With the cinematic universe dealing with Kang while the attraction is dealing with Thanos.
I made a mistake. Secret Wars was not delayed after all. I think I read a clickbait article that said it was. It makes the most sense to film the live action portions of the Attractions alongside the filming of Secret Wars part 1 and 2.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I made a mistake. Secret Wars was not delayed after all. I think I read a clickbait article that said it was. It makes the most sense to film the live action portions of the Attractions alongside the filming of Secret Wars part 1 and 2.
It hasn't been pushed back, this is why you have to be careful with clickbait titles/articles and double check sources. These days there is too much speculation/opinion taken as fact on the internet.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

So I was reading this on the Youtube comment section for Fresh Baked's video on the new gift shop in the Avengers HQ. One person said they talked to a GM of RSR after they were evacuated. The GM claims that Disney plans on breaking ground on the E ticket late 2023 or early 2024. They also purport that the E ticket went back to the drawing board under Iger and will now be a coaster on par with Cosmic Rewind.

J4546

So I was reading this on the Youtube comment section for Fresh Baked's video on the new gift shop in the Avengers HQ. One person said they talked to a GM of RSR after they were evacuated. The GM claims that Disney plans on breaking ground on the E ticket late 2023 or early 2024. They also purport that the E ticket went back to the drawing board under Iger and will now be a coaster on par with Cosmic Rewind.
i hope thats not true. I love COsmic rewind but I want a long dark ride not an indoor coaster that 2-3 minutes long

mickEblu

Thats what I’m talking about! I’d love an Avengers themed Cosmic Rewind with some crazy projections including King Thanos. Hope this is true. I don’t even care that there will be some huge ugly building in view as long as Avengers Campus is the only place you can see it.

SplashJacket

Marvel seems like one of the worst IP choices to make a long dark ride out of. IMHO
I agree, mainly because the films generally lack iconic places and they jump around a lot.

Dark rides and theme park lands are really good to immerse in a cool environment, which they could do, but since Marvel is largely character-driven, having the characters in a bookending show-scenes or in a preshow is honestly largely sufficient for Marvel.

That said, having a Shanghai PotC Davy Jones Moment with Thanos would be incredibly cool. The main issue is my ideal Marvel dark ride would largely resemble Rise. Like, imagine instead of Ren using the force in his final scene or the pre-show you have a Thanos snap that turns everything into chaos, but it could honestly be largely accomplished in a coaster.

Instead of the Big Bang like in Cosmic Rewind, have us rotate to face a massive Thanos animatronic that performs the snap, then on the ride, have a bunch of Dr. Strange portals, cool mirror effects, projection mapping, and traditional projections, and honestly, I think you'd have a fantastic ride.

Have a pre-show with an Iron Man animatronic (at the very least) and other face animatronics (since they don't look as good as masked or alien characters) if deemed appropriate. Honestly, I have no issue with the Guardians' approach of phoning in several characters, but Rocket and Groot should've absolutely been included as animatronics (since they're both not human or human-mimicking).

I would honestly prefer DCA's next addition to be a family attraction (due to the decent thrill-ride lineup, even if the coaster lineup leaves some to be desired), but a coaster would be far preferable to another mediocre Marvel sim (like the one in HKDL, which the execs undoubtedly just rode again).

A coaster here just makes too much sense, because, outside the DisneylandForever plot, there really just isn't much room for one, and it would allow family attractions to take the next spot in the queue in Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier, so honestly, I'm onboard. Hopefully, the rumor holds water.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I would suggest taking that rumor with a huge truck load of salt, front-line CMs, even the attractions managers, don't get details like this. If anything they just get the rumors from sites like this.

Also this would be like the 5th time since we started hearing about an Avengers attraction in like 2017/2018 that they've "gone back to the drawing board". And it should be noted that the very first rumored version was to be a coaster, and it was scrapped for being too low capacity. So would be interesting to go back to that after already scrapping the idea.

So while I'm open to it happening, I'm very skeptical at this.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I would suggest taking that rumor with a huge truck load of salt, front-line CMs, even the attractions managers, don't get details like this. If anything they just get the rumors from sites like this.

Also this would be like the 5th time since we started hearing about an Avengers attraction in like 2017/2018 that they've "gone back to the drawing board". And it should be noted that the very first rumored version was to be a coaster, and it was scrapped for being too low capacity. So would be interesting to go back to that after already scrapping the idea.

So while I'm open to it happening, I'm very skeptical at this.
Plus the fact that Fresh Baked is spreading it should make it suspect to begin with.

Heppenheimer

I'm late to this discussion, so forgive me if this has already been talked about.

I'll state straight off that I am not a Marvel fan. I don't like the stories, characters or the aesthetics. But I've always been impressed with Disney's ability to create an immersive environment, so in this mindset, and I did end up enjoying the Guardians retheming of the Tower of Terror, so I was interested to see what they did with the Avengers Campus...

... Even with those reduced expectations, I found this the ugliest, least inviting land Disney has ever constructed. I visited on a cool day in March, so the temperature was not a problem, but I imagine this mostly open patch of bare concrete would be sweltering in the summer. And not only that, there just wasn't much happening. It felt oddly devoid of life and activity.

Not being a Marvel fan, is there something I was missing? Or do others agree that this seems like a poorly used space?

I wasn't crazy about A Bug's Land, but now that I actually have young children, I would have vastly preferred those kiddie rides to the nearly nothing that's there now.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Plus the fact that Fresh Baked is spreading it should make it suspect to begin with.
To be fair it wasn't David from Fresh Baked who was stating this rumor, it was someone in the comments of one of their videos.

The closest David came was supposition that the building of the new store could indicate they are moving forward with the E-Ticket. But that was it, he even stated the store being built now could mean absolutely nothing.

D.Silentu

I actually think an elaborate indoor coaster is exactly what DCA needs.
I would tentatively agree, but taking the new rumor at face value I have to ask, is a Cosmic Rewind variation what we need? I've watched a few ride through videos and they all look to me like Hyperspace Mountain with a budget. If the videos are accurate, I want more from a ride than zooming around in the dark with an occasional screen feebly hucking narrative at me. This
E-ticket, whatever form it takes, needs to shoot higher.

J4546

I would tentatively agree, but taking the new rumor at face value I have to ask, is a Cosmic Rewind variation what we need? I've watched a few ride through videos and they all look to me like Hyperspace Mountain with a budget. If the videos are accurate, I want more from a ride than zooming around in the dark with an occasional screen feebly hucking narrative at me. This
E-ticket, whatever form it takes, needs to shoot higher.
from experience of actually riding it, the videos dont do it justice. The screens are massive and clear, there are a lot of them and the music and overall experience is pretty great. also, i get sick feeling on space mountain so i was a little worried this would make me nauseous but it was so smooth i felt fine.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

Good to know that the attraction delivers. However, I still can't see how that ride system could be applied to the Avengers. That is, unless they're sending us to outer space for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom