Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Consumer

There’s not enough announced about this ride for me to care. DCA hasn’t been good since 2017 so if the ride sucks at least it’s not taking up real estate in Tomorrowland.

josh2000

Interesting that they didn't mention Hong Kong Disneyland. 'Stark Expo Hong Kong' was supposed to open in 2023 and it didn't even get a mention in the panel or on the 2022 - 2024 graphic. HKDL was supposed to get the Quinjet version of this E-ticket and they demolished Autopia for it, but for they are only mentioning DCA for the new version of the ride. Hong Kong arguably needs the e-ticket more than California, it's a castle park with less e-tickets than DCA already has.

DrAlice

When did they say they will start construction, and/or what year did they say it will open?

Or is it just one of those "coming to DCA!" at an undetermined future date? 2026? 2028? 2031?
EXACTLY. I'm going to say it now. This is not happening. They were SO vague that this could morph into ANYTHING and Disney will claim it was what they intended all along. Remember, they said "attraction". They never used the word "ride".

Oof. That panel made me SALTY. Wasn't it supposed to make me excited for the future of Disney parks?

TP2000

EXACTLY. I'm going to say it now. This is not happening. They were SO vague that this could morph into ANYTHING and Disney will claim it was what they intended all along. Remember, they said "attraction". They never used the word "ride".

Oof. That panel made me SALTY. Wasn't it supposed to make me excited for the future of Disney parks?

I haven't seen the Parks presentation video yet, just scanned the threads here briefly... You should have just gone to a gossipy Mimosa brunch and a Target run like I did.

It sounds like I had a lot more fun today than those who spent money and/or time on D23 Expo. :oops:

DrAlice

I haven't seen the Parks presentation video yet, just scanned the threads here briefly... You should have just gone to a gossipy Mimosa brunch and a Target run like I did.

It sounds like I had a lot more fun today than those who spent money and/or time on D23 Expo. :oops:
Well, to be fair, I was here at home talking trash with the rest of the regulars on this forum. So, in the moment, I had fun too. :) If I'd gone to the actual panel, I'd be livid.

As this has sat with me for a couple of hours, however, I just feel "had" for being a Disney fan. I'm not sure that is the feeling Bobby and Joshy-pants wanted me to be left with.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well at least for now its officially back on the docket for upcoming attractions. This is better than the previous updates which had it on-hold or permanently cancelled.

Now personally the King Thanos story works for me. But that is just me as a Marvel fan, so we'll see what it is when more details come out.

Ryan120420

Attachments

• chrome_VDa8l6WPCm.png
    chrome_VDa8l6WPCm.png
    827.2 KB · Views: 118

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I thinking about this. If this does indeed happen, no matter the form the attraction takes, this will be the first time in a long time that a previously announced Phase 2 of a land actually happens.

D.Silentu

Isn't that basically the Simpson's Ride?
It looks like a pod in front of a screen.
I see what you mean. Funnily enough Universal's Transformers was my first impression. I think you've hit it squarely on the head @DrAlice, based on the artwork the ride could be absolutely anything. It's the opposite of the 2019 expo art that presented a clear impression of what the experience would be like. As underwhelming as it is I am glad that they are building something, even though there is little to go on. I just hope that this ride has something innovative to distinguish itself because at the moment the concept makes it look like a theme park standard.

Phroobar

Disney is just like Apple. They claim never before seen new ride technology but what they mean is never before seen in a Disney park in California. I just rode the Simpsons ride last night.

D.Silentu

It occurs to me that it was a misstep to announce the ride on Friday if all they had for Sunday was an art reveal. The early tease set expectations regarding details and time tables and I believe they would have been better off saving the whole announcement for today.

Last edited:

Jiggsawpuzzle35

When did they say they will start construction, and/or what year did they say it will open?

Or is it just one of those "coming to DCA!" at an undetermined future date? 2026? 2028? 2031?
If they were smart, they’d get it done by 2028 or earlier for the Summer Olympics. I’m hoping 2025.

TP2000

If they were smart, they’d get it done by 2028 or earlier for the Summer Olympics. I’m hoping 2025.

The last time there was an Olympics in LA, Disneyland was a ghost town. All of SoCal was because all the locals left town or sheltered in place after endless media reports of traffic and mobs of crowds everywhere. And the people who purposely came to LA for the Olympics didn't go to Disneyland because they were focused on attending... wait for it... the Olympics.

I expect the same thing to play out in '28, if not moreso thanks to the idiotic frenzy of Social Media. 🤣

So let's hope Burbank isn't planning major spending for two weeks of non-crowds in July of '28.

Three years from the date the bulldozers move in seems to be the absolute minimum they can do a new E Ticket from scratch. Four years is the safer bet from "Official Announcement" to opening day, considering there's usually many months after the big announcement before the bulldozers actually arrive on site.

Here's the timeline for DCA's last big E Ticket built from the old parking lot up:

October 17th, 2007: Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers announced for DCA, opening in 2012.
May, 2009: Bulldozers arrive and begin ripping up the old parking lot for Cars Land.
July 17th, 2009: Radiator Springs Racers construction officially begins with shovel ceremony.
June 15th, 2012: Radiator Springs Racers opens at DCA.

That's four years and three months since the announcement and the opening, and three years and one month since the bulldozers arrived and the opening.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

I was skimming the Disney Park's Blog recap and this stood out to me:

"The new concept for this attraction will be an epic family adventure, where you’ll get to team up with more of the Avengers and their allies to battle against foes from the multiverse, including King Thanos, a villain designed specifically for Avengers Campus."​

My understanding was that the Spiderman ride was built for all ages so that the other attraction could be more thrilling. Sorry to see that seems to have changed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

In their defense though, remember that Disney doesn't like the word "ride". So they hardly use the word "ride" its almost always "attraction" or "experience" when describing an existing and especially any new offering.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was skimming the Disney Park's Blog recap and this stood out to me:

"The new concept for this attraction will be an epic family adventure, where you’ll get to team up with more of the Avengers and their allies to battle against foes from the multiverse, including King Thanos, a villain designed specifically for Avengers Campus."​

My understanding was that the Spiderman ride was built for all ages so that the other attraction could be more thrilling. Sorry to see that seems to have changed.

I like the Multiverse thing and the King Thanos idea but this concept art gives me Transformwrs vibes at best. Simpsons at worst and this would be a huge step down from the original proposed QuinJet ride.
Lets not jump to conclusions here, there isn't any details and so we don't even know anything other than a vague story.

It could be some trackless screen based attraction, or a coaster, or even the QuinJet style attraction previously announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom