Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

ToTBellHop

Yeah, even those first few Batman: The Rides were a lot of clutter and only a few real set pieces. Not building an area guided by the Burton and Animated Series art direction remains a huge missed opportunity. I’m also partial to Schumacher’s art direction, which would really be something at night.
But the ride track and supports were painted black and yellow! Theming!

mickEblu

Since it's right next to the Hollyweird area, they could have just done what they did at DHS with SW I guess and made it like you were entering the movie and just had it be a city setting, as opposed to a school with Circuit City. Not sure the California theme even applies when they have a space tower, so that didn't really need to be observed.

Right there is no reason it needs to be observed when you have Collectors museum/ fortress/ oil refinery looking over the entire land. Still, for DCA I’d rather have the direction they went (even if it’s also not great) then cheap backlot city facades limited up throughout the land right off DCAs main path. I’ll take more aesthetically pleasing and less of it making thematic sense over the alternative. Granted at Disneyland they managed to both for decades. Matterhorn and Space can be seen from all over the place, both work thematically with their respective lands and both are a pleasure to look at no matter where you are.

Supreme Leader

I still say retheme Guardians Tower of Fortress Escape from Witch Mountain: Mission Break Free* Featuring Ariana Grande
to a Captain America and Black Widow ride. Retheme the exterior to *better* match the overall land aesthetic of AC. Then the Tower would blend in with the future Avengers Ride show building.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Whats any of that have to do with a community college?
Avengers Campus a training area (think they missed the opportunity to call this "Avengers Training Academy"!). A place to learn (magic), practice (web-slinging) and experiment (Pym Particles on food) The whole location is about creating the next generation of super heroes (us) as we learn from the current team (visiting characters).

You're delusional if you think all this stuff will be going on when you enter the land.

Why thank you. :)

1618277827856.png

Looking forward to the Marvel madness! :)

ToTBellHop

Avengers Campus a training area (think they missed the opportunity to call this "Avengers Training Academy"!). A place to learn (magic), practice (web-slinging) and experiment (Pym Particles on food) The whole location is about creating the next generation of super heroes (us) as we learn from the current team (visiting characters).

Why thank you. :)

View attachment 548082

Looking forward to the Marvel madness! :)
It’s called Avengers Campus because they literally call it a campus in the films.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It’s called Avengers Campus because they literally call it a campus in the films.
1. No they don't. The New Avenger's facility from Age of Ultron onward is called "the compound" or " avenger's headquarters" but not a campus and what they built in DCA is not and is not supposed to be the same compound from the films. and its stupid because you don't go to school to be a superhero.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Still think Avengers Training Academy would have been a more fun, enticing (and clearer description) name. :) But they didn't ask me to name it! lol

And it would've been a cute nod to the current run of comics about the current school training young heroes:

But maybe someday down the road they can add a reference to another school for heroes here too:

PostScott

The term is never brought up in the MCU.

1. No they don't. The New Avenger's facility from Age of Ultron onward is called "the compound" or " avenger's headquarters" but not a campus and what they built in DCA is not and is not supposed to be the same compound from the films. and its stupid because you don't go to school to be a superhero.
I kinda like Avenger's campus but I think Headquarters would've been cooler. It would have to be themed differently though, with probably more of an "open house" type deal where the headquarters is open for guests for a day to look around and see what the avengers are up to. They could still have the spiderman ride but would have to do some re-theming to fit the area. They could still do the same experiences as AC but each experience would be set in the characters "space" of the headquarters.

Avengers Compound would sound too... not fun. Could do Avengers Base but that also kinda sounds weird. Idk, maybe everything kinda sounds weird and Disney was at a lose-lose situation 🤷‍♂️ anyone else come up with a better idea?

Also, does anyone know what Earth AC is on? The MCU we know is Earth-199999, but Iron Man is dead so this earth is different. Or is this set in the past pre-infinity war?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The term is never brought up in the MCU.

I kinda like Avenger's campus but I think Headquarters would've been cooler. It would have to be themed differently though, with probably more of an "open house" type deal where the headquarters is open for guests for a day to look around and see what the avengers are up to. They could still have the spiderman ride but would have to do some re-theming to fit the area. They could still do the same experiences as AC but each experience would be set in the characters "space" of the headquarters.

Avengers Compound would sound too... not fun. Could do Avengers Base but that also kinda sounds weird. Idk, maybe everything kinda sounds weird and Disney was at a lose-lose situation 🤷‍♂️ anyone else come up with a better idea?
They should have just built the headquarters from the films or placed it in san francisco like others suggested, but like galaxy's edge disney imagineers like to make up their own make believe towns that don't exist in the films when everything is laid out for them and should be a home run.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I am glad they didn't get Harry Potter now because they wouldn't have built Hogwarts or Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. We never would have gotten those perfect replicas from the films built we are familiar with. They would have built a town Voldemort visited once or some junk.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I literally watched The Avengers yesterday and they refer to an Avengers “campus”.
Incorrect . They NEVER call it a campus. show me the clip where they do. In Endgame capt america gives ant-man loki's scepter before him and Tony go back to 1970 and capt even says and I qoute, "Scott, get this back to the COMPOUND". That is my evidence. show me yours. Plus you certainly did not see that in "The Avengers" because in the first movie the original building is just called 'Stark Tower" It didn't become 'Avenger's Tower" UNTIL "Age of Ultron" and at the end of that movie the new upstate new york headquarters is called "NEW AVENGERS FACILILTY" on the screen. In later films they call it the "avenger's headquarters" and "the compound" BOOM GOES THE DYNOMITE.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Incorrect . They NEVER call it a campus. show me the clip where they do. In Endgame capt america gives ant-man loki's scepter before him and Tony go back to 1970 and capt even says and I qoute, "Scott, get this back to the COMPOUND". That is my evidence. show me yours. Plus you certainly did not see that in "The Avengers" because in the first movie the original building is just called 'Stark Tower" It didn't become 'Avenger's Tower" UNTIL "Age of Ultron" and at the end of that movie the new upstate new york headquarters is called "NEW AVENGERS FACILILTY" on the screen. In later films they call it the "avenger's headquarters" and "the compound" BOOM GOES THE DYNOMITE.
Okay, you were right. I rewatched. Coulson does refer to a “campus” but it isn’t the place where Avengers train. It’s the building where they hold the Tesseract. My bad.

NobodyElse

I don't watch the Marvel films but I will say that the core essence of Comic Books are action and excitement.

A school campus doesn't do that for me at all. I think people who don't even watch Marvel movies should have a fun and exiting land. This does not provide that.

Something like Six Flags Gotham (before it got rethemed) or Island of Adventures Comic Book Land do a great job of showcasing a comic book world and the excitement that goes with it.

A college campus? What? You need a crime
filled city for the heroes and criminals
to fight together in.

The theme should be INSTANTLY recognizable. The second you have to explain the back story of how Avengers Campus relates to super heroes or how Batuu related to Star Wars, is the second you already lost the point of the source material.

We just need a city where Spiderman can beat up some thugs. Community college though? No kid wants to see that.

I'm not yet weighing in on their choice of "place", but some people (not just the quoted poster) need to be reminded that while the term campus often refers to a school setting, that's far from the exclusive meaning. It's really just an area with a grouping of buildings or assets used by an organization.

I've worked at a couple different hospitals that have been referred to as campuses.

And here's a nice little primer from our friends at BBC:
The rise of the multibillion-dollar corporate campus

(As a side-note, it's worth mentioning that many people feel an ideally designed campus usually includes notable landscaping.)

Carry on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom