Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Disneylover152

There hasn't been any clear message about the E-ticket right? They said Avengers Campus was a priority project, but they didn't mention stage 2. I mean, given the focus on Wakanda in the description, I would think the ride would most likely be changed. Are we confident the Avengers E-Ticket will still happen?

Not confident at all, especially with the Avengers E-ticket in HKDL (highly rumored to be the same ride) has been dropped from all their press releases.

fctiger

Perhaps the biggest question mark for Avengers Campus is when the heck Disney's supposed to open the dang thing. With a 25% capacity cap, it makes zero sense to open a new land, increasing operating costs without being able to capitalize on the publicity and attendance bump.

In addition, Marvel is a character driven franchise. The "West Coast Avengers Campus" idea was developed solely to allow WDI to easily add and remove characters to continually adapt the land to whatever the modern iteration of Marvel is. The land will rely on Meet and Greets as a huge selling point... but it can't do that if social distancing guidelines prohibit those.

At this rate it's gonna be 2022 before Disneyland is back to normal. If not longer. I can't imagine being a part of the team that's supposed to figure out what to do with this land.

Possibly but Tokyo Disneyland opened their new Beauty and the Beast area a month ago with the same restrictions. That was meant to open in April at the time. My guess is whenever its done they will open it since it can be a VERY long time when capacity will be back to normal.

Disneylover152

Possibly but Tokyo Disneyland opened their new Beauty and the Beast area a month ago with the same restrictions. That was meant to open in April at the time. My guess is whenever its done they will open it since it can be a VERY long time when capacity will be back to normal.

The Difference is that Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast area were two rides and a few restaurants, with the main part of the land being the BatB Trackless Dark Ride.

Avengers Campus is all interactive with 3 announced shows, and it's main part of the land is the streetmosphere and meet & greets, none of that can happen in a pandemic. Avengers Campus won't open until they can host all of that without worries, until they can have hundreds of people standing and watching a show.

Plus if you look at Ratatouille, despite being done and testing, Disney has no plans to open it until at least 2021. It just doesn't make sense to open anything crowd-drawing in COVID America.

fctiger

The Difference is that Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast area were two rides and a few restaurants, with the main part of the land being the BatB Trackless Dark Ride.

Avengers Campus is all interactive with 3 announced shows, and it's main part of the land is the streetmosphere and meet & greets, none of that can happen in a pandemic. Avengers Campus won't open until they can host all of that without worries, until they can have hundreds of people standing and watching a show.

Plus if you look at Ratatouille, despite being done and testing, Disney has no plans to open it until at least 2021. It just doesn't make sense to open anything crowd-drawing in COVID America.

But its really not that much of a difference. They both are new smaller lands with a new ride, restaurants and shops. End of the day all they will do is maybe cancel some of the shows and meet and greets, but the ride is what is going to really draw people in. And BATB is an E ticket ride, Spider Man sounds more like a C or D ticket.

But I will admit Japan has things waaaaaaay more under control than America as well but capacity still sound like it's under 50%. So you could be right and they postpone it for awhile but I don't see it being postpone longer until the summer. These parks are not going to be full capacity for probably a year at best, or until a vaccine is found and that sounds like that won't happen until middle of next year as well.

ToTBellHop

I suspect they WOULD use Spidey to pull people in as they reopen just like Ratatouille will open during the pandemic. It’s Runaway Railway I suspect they will work on and then pause if necessary (see TRON and the Guardians coaster), opening it after the pandemic has ended. A true e-ticket in Disneyland is a far-greater draw while a modest new ride for DCA will be useful since the park will not have entertainment for awhile.

BubbaisSleep

But its really not that much of a difference. They both are new smaller lands with a new ride, restaurants and shops. End of the day all they will do is maybe cancel some of the shows and meet and greets, but the ride is what is going to really draw people in. And BATB is an E ticket ride, Spider Man sounds more like a C or D ticket.

But I will admit Japan has things waaaaaaay more under control than America as well but capacity still sound like it's under 50%. So you could be right and they postpone it for awhile but I don't see it being postpone longer until the summer. These parks are not going to be full capacity for probably a year at best, or until a vaccine is found and that sounds like that won't happen until middle of next year as well.
I have to agree. Especially since most of the land has outdoor entertainment, like superhero’s fighting on the roof away from people. Meet & greets were mostly outside too, including the Dr. Strange area, so that can still be worked with. It’s really going to be unions that make or break this, as they were able to open and still are running the indoors Bourne show in Universal Orlando. So it’s possible to open the land. The biggest trick is how to open a new ride & make profit, which Mulan’s release probably has them worried.

If any land is truly delayed due the reliance on interactiveness, it’s Super Nintendo Land. Another Universal land that will be more interactive than what was promised for Avatar & Star Wars & soon to be Marvel.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It’s Runaway Railway I suspect they will work on and then pause if necessary (see TRON and the Guardians coaster), opening it after the pandemic has ended.

It's not scheduled to open until 2023. If the pandemic is still going on by then, God help us all.

Thankfully, they’ve spent the last 8 months working to ensure it can run at max capacity all day, every day, right????

Right?

Right...?

Anyone...?

It won't matter. When Disneyland reopens it will be at reduced capacity, so they won't need to have it running at max for several months.

lazyboy97o

It's not scheduled to open until 2023. If the pandemic is still going on by then, God help us all.
Disney has paused and cancelled other projects that were to open around a similar timeframe. Epic Universe is indefinitely delayed past its Christmas 2023 opening.

It won't matter. When Disneyland reopens it will be at reduced capacity, so they won't need to have it running at max for several months.
In terms of capacity, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a smaller park than Disneyland and demand still greatly exceeds capacity.

ToTBellHop

Disney has paused and cancelled other projects that were to open around a similar timeframe. Epic Universe is indefinitely delayed past its Christmas 2023 opening.

In terms of capacity, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a smaller park than Disneyland and demand still greatly exceeds capacity.
Yep. BGs gone in 8 sec!

TP2000

Isn't that kind of the opposite of Disneyland, and thus good news for Anaheim? Disneyland is a bigger park with dozens more rides than DHS, but it also now has Star Wars Land.

I would imagine that severely reduced park capacity helps the Boarding Group game when Disneyland does reopen.

ToTBellHop

Isn't that kind of the opposite of Disneyland, and thus good news for Anaheim? Disneyland is a bigger park with dozens more rides than DHS, but it also now has Star Wars Land.

I would imagine that severely reduced park capacity helps the Boarding Group game when Disneyland does reopen.
So BGs sell out in 30 seconds instead? I understand criticisms of the land, but Rise is objectively a very strong ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom