Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

bshah365

While many people may not be as excited for this addition.. it definitely seems to be a better use of space than what was there before. From what we know of the ride system and potential tech, it seems much more advanced that TSM across the way. We know riders will be able to shoot webs from their own hands similar to Ninjago but I remember hearing early rumors that there would be a transparent layer of material (glass/mesh maybe?) in between the vehicles and the sets to display your webs projecting from your position onto the sets/screens. Shooter based attractions already seem to do very well for the parks due to its re-rideability factor.. so I don't see how this ride with its advanced tech and shooter style system could be something to not look forward to... and on top of that, aren't we also getting a fun preshow w a spidey animatronic?

D.Silentu

Lately my enthusiasm has waned, now that the pandemic has placed a question mark next to the planned E-ticket. It was what had me the most interested as it seemed to promise a new one of a kind(domestically) experience. The kind that used to be Disney's hallmark, and is much needed at California Adventure. I hold the fact that they may be obligated to build the ride in Shanghai as a gram of hope that the attraction may see it's way to our park.

George Lucas on a Bench

sdhbvwuy4y9u138-1024x569-1.jpg

Jesus. No doubt whatever this ride is, all this crap is just to be thrown up on a screen. It just doesn't look like anything I'd ever want to do. A bunch of ridiculous funny book characters flying around beating the crap out of each other and shooting lasers in a depressing environment. It looks like a nightmare.

I'm sure if it ever opens, Disney fandom will instantly declare it the greatest most immersive attraction, second only to Rise of the Resistance.

mickEblu

View attachment 491923

Jesus. No doubt whatever this ride is, all this crap is just to be thrown up on a screen. It just doesn't look like anything I'd ever want to do. A bunch of ridiculous funny book characters flying around beating the crap out of each other and shooting lasers in a depressing environment. It looks like a nightmare.

I'm sure if it ever opens, Disney fandom will instantly declare it the greatest most immersive attraction, second only to Rise of the Resistance.

Maybe they ll go back to the drawing board and give us a coaster.

mickEblu

The problem with the coaster concept was the low capacity, which is why went away from it in the first place. I would have no issue with the coaster concept, but can see why they decided not to use it.

Well it’s low capacity because imagineers are hung up on the wrong things. Give me a traditional coaster with a show scene before launch, one in the middle and one at the end with projections effects along the way and I’m a happy camper. I don’t even need the show scene in the middle.

DanielBB8

View attachment 491923

That's what we get with the Marvel movies with Endgame and Infinity Wars. Those are great movies. That said, it's pretty much the pinnacle of the superhero experience. It doesn't get to be much more than that.

Mac Tonight

Well it’s low capacity because imagineers are hung up on the wrong things. Give me a traditional coaster with a show scene before launch, one in the middle and one at the end with projections effects along the way and I’m a happy camper.
If Chase-A-Baby taught us anything, it's that the roller coaster is a poor storytelling experience. Everything goes by too fast and you're more concerned for your own physical well-being than trying to follow along with whatever X character is saying/doing.

Having said that, a higher capacity coaster vs a solo VR motion-based battle experience gets my vote.

mickEblu

If the Incredible-Coaster taught us anything, it's that the roller coaster is a poor storytelling experience. Everything goes by too fast and you're more concerned for your own physical well-being than whatever X character is saying/doing.

Well it depends. Incredicoaster is an overlay to an existing outdoor coaster on a pier. A coaster in a dark show building with one scene in the beginning Before launch and one in the end (maybe middle too) with music, effects and projections along the way would be great though. You re certainly not going to get an Indy/ POTC/ HM experience with a coaster but I’d be totally cool with a Marvel coaster as described above. I won’t miss the “something went wrong, we need your help” story. With this approach, I don’t see how capacity would be an issue.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Well it depends. Incredicoaster is an overlay to an existing outdoor coaster on a pier. A coaster in a dark show building with one scene in the beginning Before launch and one in the end (maybe middle too) with music, effects and projections along the way would be great though. You re certainly not going to get an Indy/ POTC/ HM experience with a coaster but I’d be totally cool with a Marvel coaster as described above. I won’t miss the “something went wrong, we need your help” story.
I agree.

The only thing that would excite me about the proposed non-coaster attraction (in addition to it not being screen/VR based) would be if we are active participants in the battle with our own weapons, and our actions help bring about the eventual victory. If we're just "along for the ride" while things go boom all around us... then eh.

Phroobar

If Chase-A-Baby taught us anything, it's that the roller coaster is a poor storytelling experience. Everything goes by too fast and you're more concerned for your own physical well-being than trying to follow along with whatever X character is saying/doing.

Having said that, a higher capacity coaster vs a solo VR motion-based battle experience gets my vote.
However, if Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure taught us anything, it's that the roller coaster is an excellent storytelling experience (if done correctly). The coaster can slow down by scenes and give commentary along the ride. The coaster can reverse tracks based on actions in the storytelling. You are both concerned for your own physical well-being and following along with the story and whatever X character is saying/doing.

mickEblu

I agree.

The only thing that would excite me about the proposed non-coaster attraction (in addition to it not being screen/VR based) would be if we are active participants in the battle with our own weapons, and our actions help bring about the eventual victory. If we're just "along for the ride" while things go boom all around us... then eh.

I’d be ok with us not being active participants but having our own weapons if done in an advanced and meaningful (non astro blasters non Smugglers Run) way would definitely take it up a notch. However this type of attraction would probably have imagineers scrapping the coaster as a ride system.

mickEblu

I’d like to see them get focused on the overall experience again and less on what cool new tech they can bring. Give me Pirates or give me Space/ BTMRR. Don’t try to do too much and give me Pirates/ BTMRR/ Midway Mania because it’s too hard to execute and in the end we are better off with a more focused experience.

I think we ve hit a point for the time being where theme park attractions have more or less topped out in terms of quality and introducing mind blowing new tech while maintaining reliability. I think we are at a point where less is more. But who knows, maybe I’ll change my mjnd after riding Avatar or Mario Kart.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

However, if Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure taught us anything, it's that the roller coaster is an excellent storytelling experience (if done correctly). The coaster can slow down by scenes and give commentary along the ride. The coaster can reverse tracks based on actions in the storytelling. You are both concerned for your own physical well-being and following along with the story and whatever X character is saying/doing.
Something tells me that a coaster based around Hagrid and one based on the Avengers, would be very different experiences, and what works in one might not work for the other.

It’s all a moot point anyway though, since they pretty much confirmed they axed the coaster concept.

We’ll see what they end up doing with Guardians at Epcot.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well it’s low capacity because imagineers are hung up on the wrong things. Give me a traditional coaster with a show scene before launch, one in the middle and one at the end with projections effects along the way and I’m a happy camper. I don’t even need the show scene in the middle.
It depends on the goal right. I'm not saying I agree with their decision, but they decided not to use a coaster for a reason. If they can do a good coaster with at least medium capacity and some show scenes I'd be all for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom