Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

socalifornian

The current state of the parks/Disney always reminds me of what Steve Jobs had to say about Apple during the time he was ousted

>>They make some great products, but then the sales and marketing people take over the company, because they are the ones who can juice up profits. “When the sales guys run the company, the product guys don’t matter so much, and a lot of them just turn off. It happened at Apple when Sculley came in, which was my fault, and it happened when Ballmer took over at Microsoft.

My passion has been to build an enduring company where people were motivated to make great products. Everything else was secondary. Sure, it was great to make a profit, because that was what allowed you to make great products. But the products, not the profits, were the motivation.

TP2000

Galaxy's End and Avengers College are two lands that could have been amazing. How do you screw up lands based on SW and Marvel?

That's a valid point. Both of those things; Star Wars and Marvel, were the gold standard of valuable properties in the 2010's. But they screwed it up once they tried to create those worlds in their flagship theme park property in 2017-2020.

You have to ask, who was to blame for that? And you can only be led to the name; Bob Chapek, Disney Parks Chairman from 2015 to 2020. So there's no one else to point the finger at. Bob Chapek took control of the parks 2 years before Marvel began appearing in DCA and 4 years before Star Wars Land opened in Disneyland. He was in charge throughout.

Bob Chapek is the name that is obviously attached to any major addition to the Disneyland Resort from 2016 (a year after he took over) until Disneyland closed in March, 2020.

Disneyland68

That's a valid point. Both of those things; Star Wars and Marvel, were the gold standard of valuable properties in the 2010's. But they screwed it up once they tried to create those worlds in their flagship theme park property in 2017-2020.

You have to ask, who was to blame for that? And you can only be led to the name; Bob Chapek, Disney Parks Chairman from 2015 to 2020. So there's no one else to point the finger at. Bob Chapek took control of the parks 2 years before Marvel began appearing in DCA and 4 years before Star Wars Land opened in Disneyland. He was in charge throughout.

Bob Chapek is the name that is obviously attached to any major addition to the Disneyland Resort from 2016 (a year after he took over) until Disneyland closed in March, 2020.
Aloha,
Understand. However, doesn’t Kathleen Kennedy deserve some credit for the destruction of two prime IPs? Her vision of SW has been totally atrocious from the movies to SWGE.

smooch

Aloha,
Understand. However, doesn’t Kathleen Kennedy deserve some credit for the destruction of two prime IPs? Her vision of SW has been totally atrocious from the movies to SWGE.

I mean Iger was also the guy running the show. I blame both of them.

I blame all 3 of them. Kathleen Kennedy and Iger definitely had a part in what has been done with the SW IP since Disney acquired it, but I wouldn't say that Marvel has been destroyed as an IP. Sure the Guardians ride is bad in my opinion and the new land looks at the very least visually boring but I wouldn't say Marvel has been destroyed, Infinity War and End Game were monumental movies and were massive in pop culture and continue to be for the most part.

Mac Tonight

Talk about failing upwards...

Ismael Flores

Maybe built a whole new cheap attraction, but not something as advanced as the ride system in place. Demo costs would have increased the price tag for tearing it down to build something else as well.

I still think they should save all the equipment from the now defunct Exttraterrorestrial Alien Encounter/ Stitch great escape and ressurect the attraction with a Marvel theme. The attraction uses a small footprint and could have easily fit in the area where the sanctorium show will be. I do believe that it would have been received quite well in Southern California especially in a park like DCA and would have given them another good attraction that could have been used as part of their Halloween offering.

The theme of new technology would have fit well with the Campus idea

Professortango1

I still think they should save all the equipment from the now defunct Exttraterrorestrial Alien Encounter/ Stitch great escape and ressurect the attraction with a Marvel theme. The attraction uses a small footprint and could have easily fit in the area where the sanctorium show will be. I do believe that it would have been received quite well in Southern California especially in a park like DCA and would have given them another good attraction that could have been used as part of their Halloween offering.

I've always wanted them to revisit this attraction model. If they were to build 2 theatres that have multiple show variations in each, it really adds to the repeatability of the attraction. They could have different paneled walls with different effects and even different creatures that rotate beneath the teleportation tube.

I also think it could work well in the Redwood Trail area. A roadside mystery spot type cabin with an owner who collects weird California artifacts and we're invited to see his latest allocation (Bigfoot/Wendigo).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I also think it could work well in the Redwood Trail area. A roadside mystery spot type cabin with an owner who collects weird California artifacts and we're invited to see his latest allocation (Bigfoot/Wendigo).

You mean themed to Gravity Falls Mystery Shack:

maxresdefault.jpg

truecoat

You could theme it to Ultron.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom