Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

DrAlice

Isn't that just an unthemed side? Maybe it's just getting go-away blue?
Maybe.. ???? I honestly couldn't remember what it looked like before and was quoting bioreconstruct. I was hoping someone here had insight. :)

In any case, you may be right. Or are they making the Marvel Land-facing side a color that blends with the other buildings? Didn't the concept art show the tower in blue-ish tones, or am I remembering that wrong?

fctiger

Wow just realized this was suppose to be open one week from today. That's pretty depressing. :confused:

I'm still really excited about this area. Even if its not amazing it's still 10 times better than what was there before. The micro brewery alone is a big upgrade for me lol.

NobodyElse

Maybe.. ???? I honestly couldn't remember what it looked like before and was quoting bioreconstruct. I was hoping someone here had insight. :)

From Google Maps. Tuck 'n' Roll visible for time-frame reference.
1594501851950.png

EDIT: And a slightly more 3-D-ish view...
1594503106588.png

Last edited:

DrAlice

From Google Maps. Tuck 'n' Roll visible for time-frame reference.
View attachment 482995

EDIT: And a slightly more 3-D-ish view...
View attachment 482998
Bioreconstruct said, "New colors on Guardians of the Galaxy." Comparing these photos to the bioreconstruct photo, I don't see anything different. BUT, I totally suck at the "see what's different in these two pictures" game, so.... 🤷‍♀️

NateD1226

Bioreconstruct said, "New colors on Guardians of the Galaxy." Comparing these photos to the bioreconstruct photo, I don't see anything different. BUT, I totally suck at the "see what's different in these two pictures" game, so.... 🤷‍♀️
I don't see any new colors either but maybe they mean that there is going to be new colors since there is a crane right against the building.

DrAlice

It's in DCA, what did you expect?
Better. ;)

The changes made to create Buena Vista Street, Paradise Pier 2.0, and the Grizzly Peak area were what I expect. Alas, that team of decision-makers has flown the coop, I guess.

Now, I won't totally judge Marvel yet, as it isn't done. My biggest fear with this new area is the lack of shade. Bugs Land was cute (immersive!!! Ahora!) and shady. And, even if you weren't interested in the rides, you at least had a pleasant place to hang out while your kids had fun. (Which was totally not me. I rode every one of those silly little rides!) But, now I see one ride and a whole lot of pavement. Oh, and places to spend money. Hmmm....... That better be a good ride.

EDIT: I realize that in reality there will be 2 rides, as Guardians will be folded into this. My point is about the replacement of 4 kiddie rides with one and the replacement of a lot of trees with a lot of pavement and bricks.

Last edited:

TP2000

Wow just realized this was suppose to be open one week from today. That's pretty depressing. :confused:

Judging by yesterday's Bioreconstruct photos taken early afternoon on a work day, this land is still at least 90 days away from opening. If not the full 120 days that it's been since the park closed on March 14th.

The pavement has not even been poured in most of the land.

Marvel2.jpg

In the photo below, forget about the structure on the right, as that's mainly a part of the Avengers E Ticket that may never actually get built. It can sit there as an empty shell for the next decade, with a sign out front saying "We're Imagineering A New Attraction!" while Ken Potrock and Bob Chapek get replaced two or three times over between now and 2030.

But the microbrewery restaurant is on the left, and it's Instagrammable Moments are a major part of this new land's debut. It's nowhere near ready to be open. 90 days seems to be pushing it, 120 days or more is more likely judging from the lack of finish to the exterior, lack of pavement, lack of area development, etc. They haven't even finished framing the cement walls for the landscaping.

Marvel1.jpg

Overall, I would bet two churros this new land doesn't open until November at the earliest. If it saves them some money they can defer out of Fiscal 2020 and into '21, they could easily drag this out into the new year for a February/March 2021 debut when they would be more confident that society has returned to normal and people are allowed to travel and congregate again. You heard it here first; Marvel Land Campus delayed until 2021! :cool:

But this land isn't opening anytime soon. They're not even actively working on it in the middle of the day on a weekday! There's only a couple of workmen visible on site during the week.

Marvel3.jpg

But seriously gang, how much do we love that Bioreconstruct guy?!?

TP2000

I still don't know what a Micro Brewery is, but I assume it's a bar. If that's the building, it's anything but micro. You could fit several rides in that massive space. It's enormous!

That's the gag. Get it?

A micro brewery is a thing invented in the Pacific Northwest in the early 1990's, to go along with the Grunge Music they were also creating up there back then. It's a small business with a food and liquor license who makes their own beer on site, often in large copper kettles that became part of the restaurant decor.

It seems normal now, but you have to remember that in 1992 most of America was still buying 12 packs of Budweiser or Miller Lite, or ordering a Michelob at a steakhouse or pizza parlor. So it was radical to walk into a restaurant in Portland in 1992 and have a selection of beers that were not only made on site by the restaurant owners using local hops and grains grown nearby, but the beers actually had more heft and taste to them than your average Budweiser.

In the late 1990's the concept was exported out of the Pacific Northwest and started migrating down the West Coast, like Nordstrom and Starbucks had done a decade earlier. Now there are microbreweries all over America, some that are not very good and only do it as a marketing gimmick. And now Disneyland will have a microbrewery themed to a man the size of an ant. Get it?

But 30 years ago in Portland and Seattle, there were these quirky little business owners breaking free of the shackles of Budweiser. If you go to Portland today, they are still really into it, except now it's the kids and grandkids of the original brewers from 30 years ago.

DrAlice

A micro brewery is a thing invented in the Pacific Northwest in the early 1990's, to go along with the Grunge Music they were also creating up there back then.
*sigh* I remember it like it was yesterday...... the beer... the Portland rain... the flannel.... memories..... awwwwwww.....

But 30 years ago...
How dare you, sir! I can't possibly be that old. 😤

*does math in head* Oh.

mickEblu

Better. ;)

The changes made to create Buena Vista Street, Paradise Pier 2.0, and the Grizzly Peak area were what I expect. Alas, that team of decision-makers has flown the coop, I guess.

Now, I won't totally judge Marvel yet, as it isn't done. My biggest fear with this new area is the lack of shade. Bugs Land was cute (immersive!!! Ahora!) and shady. And, even if you weren't interested in the rides, you at least had a pleasant place to hang out while your kids had fun. (Which was totally not me. I rode every one of those silly little rides!) But, now I see one ride and a whole lot of pavement. Oh, and places to spend money. Hmmm....... That better be a good ride.

EDIT: I realize that in reality there will be 2 rides, as Guardians will be folded into this. My point is about the replacement of 4 kiddie rides with one and the replacement of a lot of trees with a lot of pavement and bricks.

I’ll fix what he said...

It’s in DCA **POST 2016 under Chapek** what do you expect?

fctiger

Judging by yesterday's Bioreconstruct photos taken early afternoon on a work day, this land is still at least 90 days away from opening. If not the full 120 days that it's been since the park closed on March 14th.

The pavement has not even been poured in most of the land.

View attachment 483015

In the photo below, forget about the structure on the right, as that's mainly a part of the Avengers E Ticket that may never actually get built. It can sit there as an empty shell for the next decade, with a sign out front saying "We're Imagineering A New Attraction!" while Ken Potrock and Bob Chapek get replaced two or three times over between now and 2030.

But the microbrewery restaurant is on the left, and it's Instagrammable Moments are a major part of this new land's debut. It's nowhere near ready to be open. 90 days seems to be pushing it, 120 days or more is more likely judging from the lack of finish to the exterior, lack of pavement, lack of area development, etc. They haven't even finished framing the cement walls for the landscaping.

View attachment 483016

Overall, I would bet two churros this new land doesn't open until November at the earliest. If it saves them some money they can defer out of Fiscal 2020 and into '21, they could easily drag this out into the new year for a February/March 2021 debut when they would be more confident that society has returned to normal and people are allowed to travel and congregate again. You heard it here first; Marvel Land Campus delayed until 2021! :cool:

But this land isn't opening anytime soon. They're not even actively working on it in the middle of the day on a weekday! There's only a couple of workmen visible on site during the week.

View attachment 483019

But seriously gang, how much do we love that Bioreconstruct guy?!?

Yeah it looks like it has a loooong ways to go lol. But at least we know it's going to get finished eventually. I wouldn't be shocked too if they just delayed the opening for a bigger time period.

In fact, next year will be DCA's 20th anniversary come February/March (wow). Maybe it would be smart to just delay it until then and use it as part of the big birthday celebration! What's a few more extra months at this point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom