Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

TP2000

like Jack Jack.

Bob Chapek has Immersed you!

DLR-18_0910-E-PixarPier-0017.jpg

Sailor310

They can now use all the elevated platforms and walkways that they put in for stunt shows at Galaxy's Edge. Darth Mickey can stand up there and wave at people.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Seems like one of those things that made sense and sounded good on paper. The roller coaster moves fast, so having a bunch of prop babies alongside the track would give the illusion of whatever was supposed to be happening. In execution, however, it's just a bunch of baby dolls on sticks attached to a roof.
I still think if they paint the poles black it would look at lot better as they would blend more into the background. Wouldn't be perfect but would be better than the white poles used now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The poles are white to blend in with the white coaster. Wouldn’t black be worse? I don’t think any color pole can save Jack Jack on a stick.
Well obviously white didn't blend now did it.

In my opinion black works better because its not as noticeable compared to white, especially going by at 50+ MPH.

Now the only other thing they could do is to try and match the color with the other surrounding colors such as the roof colors. But that is harder to do in my opinion.

I guess they could also do something on hydraulics or air where Jack Jack bounces up and down as you go by.

In the end personally I don't think the idea is all that bad as a lot make it out to be.

mickEblu

Well obviously white didn't blend now did it.

In my opinion black works better because its not as noticeable compared to white, especially going by at 50+ MPH.

Now the only other thing they could do is to try and match the color with the other surrounding colors such as the roof colors. But that is harder to do in my opinion.

I guess they could also do something on hydraulics or air where Jack Jack bounces up and down as you go by.

In the end personally I don't think the idea is all that bad as a lot make it out to be.

Well obviously black would be much worse. I was trying to be nice the first time with the question mark.

Disneylover152

The real problem is that they tried to add a "theme" to a roller coaster that was already themed.....to a roller coaster.
giphy.gif

I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if its actually possible, but I feel like they could have easily put the Jack Jacks and attached them to these steel supports in the final helix, and it would have worked out a lot better, especially since you are moving a little faster here than in its current location.
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 10.36.57 PM.png

lazyboy97o

I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if its actually possible, but I feel like they could have easily put the Jack Jacks and attached them to these steel supports in the final helix, and it would have worked out a lot better, especially since you are moving a little faster here than in its current location.
View attachment 469649
Possible? Probably. Expensive? Yes. The easy part would be locating the figures outside of the ride envelope. The more complicated part would be designing the figures and their support to work with the vibrations of the coaster. If any figures were placed overhead that adds to the cost and complexity as the engineering requirements for overhead show elements are significantly more restrictive.

TP2000

Still can't get my head around how this got approved for a Disney park :banghead:

I know!

Although, when you realize the entire thing was announced at D23 Expo by;
1. A visionless and charmless suit who has no idea about showmanship or hospitality or theme parks in general, and...
2. A disgraced and drunken creative executive who was fired shortly thereafter in a messy #MeToo situation

Then it all sort of makes sense.

Actually, realizing how Paradise Pier was birthed and by whom, it's kind of a small miracle and a testament to the rank and file Imagineers that it turned out like it did. It could have been much worse, actually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom