Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

lazyboy97o

Other than the red panels, the video points out that some concrete trim was removed (About the 8:20 mark). It's weird. Or maybe it isn't. I don't know anything about construction. :)
Looks like they may have placed coping to better protect the wall cavity before the scenic work was applied.

Phroobar

Stumbled across this today with more details on the ride experience:

We toured Disney’s first Marvel Land ride, a mega-expensive Spider-Man simulator

"Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure will open on July 18".

Gagging a little bit on the name. Based on the article is sounds like (Spoiler) Legoland Ninjago with spider bots.
Isn't that just what it is? Disney used to lead the industry. Now they follow Legoland. At least Knott's Berry Tales ride will still have guns though.

NateD1226

New Concept Art:
4FE2D94F-9828-4637-AFEF-C16F7808B20B.jpeg

2E52C278-811C-4859-A4A2-1D04AF38AAA7.jpeg

E21B3CB8-CD34-474D-945A-D7A2CBF6C52F.jpeg

003E93A0-2D38-4F28-B132-91E3C7D6C360.jpeg

Mickeyboof

P.S. Polygon also has an article about the new land: Your first look at Avengers Campus, Disney’s newest Marvel Land

“ While the role-playing aspect of the park won’t be as obvious as Galaxy’s Edge, within the story all the cast members work at Avengers Campus and thus know and see the heroes and may have a thing or two to say about their shopping or dining habits. Conversely, if you ask Captain America about the nice cashier at Campus Supply Pod, he may feel bad if he doesn’t remember her name.” -grrreeeeeaaaattttttt, now we won’t be able to buy anything without some bored CM telling us that’s Tony Stark favorite toy too!

“A quinjet perched on the roof will activate throughout the day. The park is meant to feel alive, so props won’t just be stationary.” -Sure, Jan. Just like how Docking Bay 7’s ship ‘activates’ throughout the day? Or how the Falcon ‘activates?’ Or how the land speeders at the fueling station ‘Activates?’
If you want to see a park that feels alive, go to Disneyland proper or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

”Outdoor seating at Pym’s will offer a direct view of Avengers Headquarters — a perfect vantage point to catch the live stunt show that will happen throughout the day.“

Meanwhile, the stunt show at Galaxy’s Edge....

C68EC165-1E9F-4A51-8399-0953CC90BCD6.jpeg

planodisney

I know a lot of people on here will rag on this and I understand, but I think the highly themed queue and pre-show, at least some physical sets and the projection mapping that gives the sense of being outside and at other locations make this a huge step up from Midway Mania.
When the Avengers e-ticket opens this will be a great 2nd/3rd attraction for this land. A needed family attraction.

Mickeyboof

Ugh, I hate to be pessimistic but my gut feeling says that roof top stunt show is either cancelled before or lasts all of a month after opening.

Of course it will be cut! But that Disney’s marketing campaign now, it’s all about false advertising. It’s about showing the press the land at 100%, resulting in guest interest and trip bookings, then revealing the land at 40% and hoping no one notices what they read online.

Somehow, it works!

planodisney

Ugh, I hate to be pessimistic but my gut feeling says that roof top stunt show is either cancelled before or lasts all of a month after opening.
I can understand how you would feel that way but
this is very different than the shows that were planned for GE. Those were a few actors performing up on balconies and glorified scaffolding. They have obviously invested heavily in this technology and and are constructing major elements of Avengers Campus specifically for this show. They aren’t stupid and obviously they also know the track record of shuttering things like this after opening. I don’t think they would investing so heavily into this with development and construction if they didn’t intend for this to be a signature part of AE.
Major tech issues aside I’m hopeful this will be a constant in AE.

flutas

I can understand how you would feel that way but
this is very different than the shows that were planned for GE. Those were a few actors performing up on balconies and glorified scaffolding. They have obviously invested heavily in this technology and and are constructing major elements of Avengers Campus specifically for this show. They aren’t stupid and obviously they also know the track record of shuttering things like this after opening. I don’t think they would investing so heavily into this with development and construction if they didn’t intend for this to be a signature part of AE.
Major tech issues aside I’m hopeful this will be a constant in AE.

Note that I think the stunt show, and the stuntronics are two seperate things.

The wording is "Black Widow, Black Panther and (sometimes) Captain America + Taskmaster" and they've only shown the Spiderman 'skin' for the stuntronics.

I fully expect the stuntronics to continue until either some massive accident happens that almost or does injure a guest, or some amount of large scale maintenance costs get brought up.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom