Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Ismael Flores

Hastin, @hastin ;

"Walls are down in front of Guardians. Besides the "barcode bricks" and a little metal flourish on the Red Car tracks, the changes that appeared in the concept at D23 (new railings, new "exotic plants" light poles) didn't happen yet (and, I'm guessing, will not happen)."

I am having a difficult time trying to understand what area are you looking at in the artwork.

The paving they worked on is only the part in front of the tower and the artwork shows the area that is in front of the Avengers building and Pyms. That area with the added theming is still behind walls.

This is the area that they removed walls from, (i marked in grey). The large tree in the artwork is already there next to the fastpass machines.

ER5bkr2U4AAb2qU.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

This topic came up over in the fun Coronavirus thread, but it's more appropriate here.

Today's various blog photo updates showed that construction is continuing on the new administration building being built behind Luigi's. This appears to be related to Marvel Land expansion because this new building would appear to be able to replace one or two or all of the existing green support buildings that were built in 2009 as DCA began its major expansion through 2012.

Here's the current construction of the building, now with a themed scrim on it, behind Luigi's Roadsters tire yard.

Disneyland-news-DCA-Luigi-building-2.jpeg

And here it is from the Ferris wheel where you can see the three green support buildings from 2009 across the parking lot from it...

Disneyland-news-DCA-Marvel-7.jpeg

And here are those three 2009 support buildings, which appear to be cheaply made pre-fab things full of likely cheaply furnished cubicle farms that would be easy to tear down, as seen from the air. I have circled them in green, as you can see that they might be in the way for Marvel Land expansion.

InkedMarvel-Land-Map_LI.jpg

BayouShack

cheaply made pre-fab things full of likely cheaply furnished cubicle farms

That’s right! But also the special event kitchen, rehearsal halls, and classrooms. All easily movable. Most of those things don’t *need* to be in that spot, they could go anywhere. Actually, next to TDA would be better.

Ismael Flores

That’s right! But also the special event kitchen, rehearsal halls, and classrooms. All easily movable. Most of those things don’t *need* to be in that spot, they could go anywhere. Actually, next to TDA would be better.
They really should integrate those into the eastern gateway plan. That large building that soon will have an expired lease if demolished would make for a multi story building.

DrAlice

In case you missed it, Yensid55's got a new construction update. I'm intrigued by the parts of this project that get installed and then removed. What's going on? Mistakes or changes in design? Curiouser and curiouser....

Ismael Flores

This topic came up over in the fun Coronavirus thread, but it's more appropriate here.

Today's various blog photo updates showed that construction is continuing on the new administration building being built behind Luigi's. This appears to be related to Marvel Land expansion because this new building would appear to be able to replace one or two or all of the existing green support buildings that were built in 2009 as DCA began its major expansion through 2012.

Here's the current construction of the building, now with a themed scrim on it, behind Luigi's Roadsters tire yard.

And here it is from the Ferris wheel where you can see the three green support buildings from 2009 across the parking lot from it...

And here are those three 2009 support buildings, which appear to be cheaply made pre-fab things full of likely cheaply furnished cubicle farms that would be easy to tear down, as seen from the air. I have circled them in green, as you can see that they might be in the way for Marvel Land expansion.

I wish we could have seen aerial pictures of this construction when it first started. I am curious to see if they took advantage of the huge underground excavation in this plot of land. When Luigis flying tires where being built i remember them digging a huge pit in that area. The large undergound excavation was part for the massive infrastructure for the air system and equipment that was placed there above ground. It would have made sense to take advantage of the pit after that equipment was removed and integrated it after modifications as part of this new building. With the limited aount of property for expansion and of these new construction should really start being designed to include undergound facilities when possible especially for administrative use

DLR>WDW

Probably the best look into the land we’ve seen, thanks to Yensid’s most recent video.
B7C04062-F1D7-4AED-BF9A-F0D011CC2900.jpeg

I wish we could have seen aerial pictures of this construction when it first started. I am curious to see if they took advantage of the huge underground excavation in this plot of land. When Luigis flying tires where being built i remember them digging a huge pit in that area. The large undergound excavation was part for the massive infrastructure for the air system and equipment that was placed there above ground. It would have made sense to take advantage of the pit after that equipment was removed and integrated it after modifications as part of this new building. With the limited aount of property for expansion and of these new construction should really start being designed to include undergound facilities when possible especially for administrative use
Bio got some amazing pictures last year.

mickEblu

Probably the best look into the land we’ve seen, thanks to Yensid’s most recent video.
View attachment 454017

I like the Spidey building better without the red panels. I’m not going to pretend to be some huge Marvel fan but how did that make sense anyway? Would Spider-Man’s building really be the colors of his suit? I know the white I’m seeing dominating the building isn’t a finished product but I like it more than the 80s circuit city meets 90’s super hero theme park feel that red panels evoke. It also make it feel more like a real factory that we stepped into and then things go wrong. More believable.

thequeuelinelectures

This is pushing into Universal territory about announcing more details about the land, Spider-Man specifically. I’m surprised we haven’t heard a final name for the attraction or details about the motion controls. The land is theoretically opening in 4/5 months, where the names for the Galaxy’s Edge attractions were announced about a year in advance

Ismael Flores

Thanks, i could see the huge pit and the tunnels that go from the pit to the platform perfectly in one of the pictures. Plenty of usable space for storage at basement level or even for a huge rehearsal room. It would have been a shame if they didn't use it and just filled it in but from the looks of those wood forms they probably took advantage of the space.
EJZBkB1VUAEdh8O.jpg

Ismael Flores

View attachment 454017

Those grey metal supports on the right side of the pathway almost look as if there will be some smaller buildings there if they are intended for a wall i find it interesting that they are so far away from the mater area. If that will be a wall i am guessing that they are intending to fill in that space with lots of landscaping but then why put up an ugly wall. Guess i have to look up the model that they had in D23

Phroobar

Thanks, i could see the huge pit and the tunnels that go from the pit to the platform perfectly in one of the pictures. Plenty of usable space for storage at basement level or even for a huge rehearsal room. It would have been a shame if they didn't use it and just filled it in but from the looks of those wood forms they probably took advantage of the space.View attachment 454140
Rebecca Campbell's private leg workout room?

Curious Constance

Is it just me, or does a summer opening seem unlikely at this point? It looks like they have way too far to go still in construction. I’m going in June, no way this is open, right?

Old Mouseketeer

View attachment 453462
Actually, I believe the new "admin" building is to replace the modular office buildings to the bottom left of your green circle. They need to clear out before they can break ground for the Avengers ride show building. I expect to see the three green buildings still standing five years from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom