Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

BrianLo

Original Poster
I can see where your re coming from but shouldn’t ambiance/ environment carry a little more weight when it comes to a theme park land? If Bugs Land has a better environment than Marvel Land and ITTBAB is better/ more unique to the park then Spiderman then you can see that it’s easy to come to my conclusion.

I will support that aesthetically it might be more pleasing. But it was unfortunately something I just walked through before.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Same here except for taking my son to the splash pad 2-3 times. Just trying to be objective.

I won’t say it’s all about attractions, but attractions are a huge part. I was a huge proponent of Mickey’s Toontown being nearly as worthless, but tack on an appropriate E-ticket and my tune changed.

Bugs land wrapping was ok (not ground breaking, still a plastic-styled playland, better shaded). But there were still zero contents.

I’d be excited for it to stay if it got the same treatment as Toontown.

I also think the Avengers campus isn’t going to be as garish as everyone expects either. Just very different.

mickEblu

I won’t say it’s all about attractions, but attractions are a huge part. I was a huge proponent of Mickey’s Toontown being nearly as worthless, but tack on an appropriate E-ticket and my tune changed.

Bugs land wrapping was ok (not ground breaking, still a plastic-styled playland, better shaded). But there were still zero contents.

I’d be excited for it to stay if it got the same treatment as Toontown.

I also think the Avengers campus isn’t going to be as garish as everyone expects either. Just very different.

I agree. Attractions are very important that’s why I compared Bugs Land to the version of the land we re going to get in 2020 sans Avengers. I was no fan of Bugs Land. I always thought it should have been more like the Fantasyland of DCA and nicknamed it A Dud’s Land. I had also called for Toontowns head on many occasions but began to appreciate it even before MMRR was announced. Probably because after seeing a few new projects, I started realizing that it might be better than what replaces it.

MK-fan

You’re (collectively, obviously not each individual) hyper critical and hate everything they throw at you so they are giving you a progressively cheaper product because the response is to complain regardless. See Pixar Pier. The obsessive vitriol toward SWGE won’t help long-term investment, but live your truth.

so we got a lackluster park in 2001 and they fixed it throughout the years up to to 2012 only for them to come out with with a lasckluster product once again? Sowhy can’t we complain about that? Galaxys Edge is very detailed but is too huge with hardly anything to do other than shop and pay through the nose more than ever before. But who knows, maybe your just a part of the sheep flock and will let Disney feed you crap while you gladly whip out that wallet.

Travel Junkie

You’re (collectively, obviously not each individual) hyper critical and hate everything they throw at you so they are giving you a progressively cheaper product because the response is to complain regardless. See Pixar Pier. The obsessive vitriol toward SWGE won’t help long-term investment, but live your truth.

There are so many options for your entertainment dollars, especially in Southern California. This summer shows that guests can be fickle and it doesn't take much for them to go somewhere else. There is a 0% chance Disney is purposely cheapening their product due to criticism. It's bad for business to purposely put out a bad product to spite a fan base.

I do find the criticism excessive and over the top much of the time, particularly when it comes to GE. I could go on and on (and have to a degree) about how ridiculous it has become. WDI and Disney is still the gold standard in creating themed environments.

There will always be a struggle between creative and business. Disney has a history of being better than most companies in tilting towards the creative. At the moment the business side is exerting a bit too much control. Hopefully talented creatives can lean the pendulum back their way in the near future.

Phroobar

Why isn't It's a Small World getting an Ant Man overlay with the children being replaced with dancing ants in traditional folk clothing?
source.gif

Ismael Flores

I hope they are not making another SWGE mistake by not opening marvel campus without the main attraction.
or that they will wait too long to build and open it

D.Silentu

I hope they are not making another SWGE mistake by not opening marvel campus without the main attraction.
or that they will wait too long to build and open it
I don’t think history will repeat itself here, but only because DCA is starved for better offerings. The last rides the park saw were quick dry paint on an already fine looking wall and a show that has been around long enough to apply for a drivers license. Even being unsure of what kind of quality it will be, the subliminal increase in effort should make the land feel better by comparison. That said, I too hope they don’t wait to get started on the E-ticket.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
For what it is worth, @marni1971 says the Spiderman attraction is LPS.

But it literally won't be doing anything a guide rail couldn't based on the Blueprints. Bit of a strange decision if true.

Edit: Actually I'm going to be a debbie doubter, the Blueprints clearly show a switch track. It doesn't appear to be LPS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom