Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Ismael Flores

looks like they finally pulled out the huge motors for the old Luigis flying tires ride. the area seems to be a big pit now.

I an wondering if they will reuse the large walled structure and built the rumored castmember/back of house building there. if that is the case they can build it tall enough to block some views of any future building behind it. a nice themed facade or more rock work would work.

also noticed they also finally removed the holding pad for the tires that took up quite a bit of room by the walkway. the walkway was pushed south to leave more room for the new avenger campus

Disney Analyst

looks like they finally pulled out the huge motors for the old Luigis flying tires ride. the area seems to be a big pit now.

I an wondering if they will reuse the large walled structure and built the rumored castmember/back of house building there. if that is the case they can build it tall enough to block some views of any future building behind it. a nice themed facade or more rock work would work.

also noticed they also finally removed the holding pad for the tires that took up quite a bit of room by the walkway. the walkway was pushed south to leave more room for the new avenger campus

The equipment has been gone for a while I think. I recall noticing on his previous aerial fly overs of Disneyland.

Ismael Flores

I am surprised that no one has noticed that some of the scaffolding of the spiderman building came down. The walls facing the DCA parade route (should i call it that since DCA has no parade :( ) so far it looks pretty bland i am really hoping that since its just a side wall that it will not all look like that.

RobWDW1971

I am surprised that no one has noticed that some of the scaffolding of the spiderman building came down. The walls facing the DCA parade route (should i call it that since DCA has no parade :( ) so far it looks pretty bland i am really hoping that since its just a side wall that it will not all look like that.

I can’t remember a land being built in any park that has less internet buzz and chatter than this thing - perhaps that will be a good thing that expectations will be so low, but come on it’s a Marvel Land in a Disney theme park! Personally the generic urban aesthetic and Spider-Man ride concept has significant hindered my enthusiasm, but hey, always good to have another place to get a good draft beer....

BrianLo

Original Poster
I can’t remember a land being built in any park that has less internet buzz and chatter than this thing - perhaps that will be a good thing that expectations will be so low, but come on it’s a Marvel Land in a Disney theme park! Personally the generic urban aesthetic and Spider-Man ride concept has significant hindered my enthusiasm, but hey, always good to have another place to get a good draft beer....

The Playland’s and Bugs-land. But I definitely concede your point.

I think the enthusiasm would be improved if both attractions were simultaneous. Even if Guardians was simultaneous (albeit that would generate a different sort of internet enthusiasm).

MK-fan

Not surprised, expectations were low, very low.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Bug’s Land > Avengerless Marvel Land
That's laughable. The land is not even open yet and we are already judging it. Bug's Land was built on the cheap and quick to bring in more families to a dead park. I remember attending Cast previews for this land and couldn't believe how cheap and underwhelming it was. The Spider-Man ride, micro brew, gift shop and GOTG is much better than an aged 3-D show, 4 kiddie ride, a puddle park, a churro stand, and slushie cart.

mickEblu

That's laughable. The land is not even open yet and we are already judging it. Bug's Land was built on the cheap and quick to bring in more families to a dead park. I remember attending Cast previews for this land and couldn't believe how cheap and underwhelming it was. The Spider-Man ride, micro brew, gift shop and GOTG is much better than an aged 3-D show, 4 kiddie ride, a puddle park, a churro stand, and slushie cart.

The rides sucked but as a whole I think Bugs Land at least had that Disney whimsy we ve come to love which is more than we can say about the cold junior college campus/ industrial look of Marvel Land. ITTBAB was a fantastic show and the underground Q was great and one of the only places in the park that takes you somewhere else in the way so many Disneyland attractions do. The land also fit much better with the park and its surrounding area. If Spiderman surprises me I’ll retract my statement. However, I really don’t see Marvel Land as a net positive for the park until that Avengers ride opens and hopefully delivers. Keep in my mind I’m speaking as a parks enthusiast that appreciates themed design and how everything works as a whole. Not a shareholder or someone that is solely interested in rides.

Also you can’t really count GOTG.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
I honestly can say I’ve spent more time in the bread tour than Bugs Land. It was a single IP land (based on a rather forgotten Pixar film). Filled with flats in a park that is too filled with flats, with the targeted demo being 2-4 year olds.

The theatre was nice. When it was open... which I actually think was all of once for me? Still drawing less favourable comparisons to its Animal Kingdom counterpart.

It was visually more attractive from a cartoony fantasy sense, but there was literally zero substance for my demographic. That’s not something worth praising.

mickEblu

I honestly can say I’ve spent more time in the bread tour than Bugs Land. It was a single IP land (based on a rather forgotten Pixar film). Filled with flats in a park that is too filled with flats, with the targeted demo being 2-4 year olds.

The theatre was nice. When it was open... which I actually think was all of once for me? Still drawing less favourable comparisons to its Animal Kingdom counterpart.

It was visually more attractive from a cartoony fantasy sense, but there was literally zero substance for my demographic. That’s not something worth praising.

I can see where your re coming from but shouldn’t ambiance/ environment carry a little more weight when it comes to a theme park land? If Bugs Land has a better environment than Marvel Land and ITTBAB is better/ more unique to the park then Spiderman then you can see that it’s easy to come to my conclusion.

mickEblu

You’re (collectively, obviously not each individual) hyper critical and hate everything they throw at you so they are giving you a progressively cheaper product because the response is to complain regardless. See Pixar Pier. The obsessive vitriol toward SWGE won’t help long-term investment, but live your truth.

ohhhh. That’s why they re giving us Pixar Pier and lifeless Galaxies Edge? Not because they make bad decisions, don’t know how to budget and are being run by merchandise guys. Stick to your day job and go get us some more rumors.

TROR

You’re (collectively, obviously not each individual) hyper critical and hate everything they throw at you so they are giving you a progressively cheaper product because the response is to complain regardless. See Pixar Pier. The obsessive vitriol toward SWGE won’t help long-term investment, but live your truth.
Pixar Pier and Mission Breakout are the reasons I'm critical to begin with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom