Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

smooch

I'm thinking more of some kind of kuka arm device. All seats close to eachother within an ecnlosed jet then the arms move pull out into individual tracks. Could it be something like harry potter but with only one or two seats per arm?

I was thinking something along those lines, probably something along the lines of Harry Potter with the arm mechanism but from the concept art it is showing single seats so I would go ahead and guess each seat would have it's own arm. What I would like to see is how it would all play together if this was the system they go with and how "unique" it would feel rather than everyone moving along the same path.

Phroobar

I was thinking something along those lines, probably something along the lines of Harry Potter with the arm mechanism but from the concept art it is showing single seats so I would go ahead and guess each seat would have it's own arm. What I would like to see is how it would all play together if this was the system they go with and how "unique" it would feel rather than everyone moving along the same path.
We have seen a suspended flying vehicle in one of those WDI videos. It's the same video we're we see the canceled Bantha ride and RotR vehicle.

smooch

We have seen a suspended flying vehicle in one of those WDI videos. It's the same video we're we see the canceled Bantha ride and RotR vehicle.

I'm not aware of that, would you be able to link me the video you are talking about? I don't want to try to do my own searching and find some other video and have the wrong thing in mind.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I'm still calling it a Star Tours (or maybe Millennium Falcon size wise) whose cabin ejects and turns into flight of Passage. With a seat configuration change.

Which, if you asked an Imagineer, they'd have told you Pirates in Shanghai is totally unique. If you were being pedantic, a boat that could spin wasn't particularly a foreign mindblowing concept on paper.

smooch

That definitely sounds very possible, that is one idea I thought of for sure. I am sure they would love to take their most successful ride from Orlando and make another variant of it for the west coast. I honestly would not be opposed to it, I really really enjoyed FoP when I rode it for the first time earlier this year and I think it would be cool to see them make a different ride vehicle out of the system. Were you thinking that each "group" of people in a row for the ship portion of the ride would be on a big arm and then each seat in that group has another smaller arm attached to the base that would allow them all to split off from one another and have individual motions? My one question with that though is all of the seats would probably have some dividers between them at least the way the concept art looks, so would it be super noticeable when your seats split off? I know people prefer physical sets for rides and I do too but if they can bring a version of FoP to Anaheim I am all for it, I am very curious to see the announcement of the ride system.

smooch

This has the one which hangs from cables. You can see it "flying" at 3:11.

Hmm that is an interesting concept, that would be very cool but they would have to probably figure out a way to make the frame around it a little smaller I would think? Or maybe not cause I don't see how they could make it smaller while maintaining the level of maneuverability it would have like the one in the video looked like it did. Very cool ride vehicle though, it definitely looks exhilarating to ride on but looked a little aggressive and that it could make more sensitive riders sick. I personally would love to ride that and have it fling me around aggressively, though.

Ismael Flores

This has the one which hangs from cables. You can see it "flying" at 3:11.

too bad they come up with all these cool ride system and most of the time they don't use them either because they do not get the budget or the resort doesn't like them because of capacity.

meanwhile they have a cool looking swinging ride system perfect for Spiderman and we get another similar ride system being used a few hundred yards away

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm still not sold yet that it is indeed that vehicle from the WDI video that will be in Avengers. One thing against it going into this attraction, with all the action how would they prevent the wires getting tangled up? You even mentioned it earlier in this thread.

That ride vehicle looks more like an updated version of Soarin' where the motion is a lot smoother.

Anyways it'll be an interesting couple years to discuss it.

Suspirian

I'm still not sold yet that it is indeed that vehicle from the WDI video that will be in Avengers. One thing against it going into this attraction, with all the action how would they prevent the wires getting tangled up? You even mentioned it earlier in this thread.

That ride vehicle looks more like an updated version of Soarin' where the motion is a lot smoother.

Anyways it'll be an interesting couple years to discuss it.

It does line up with the rumor that the marvel land attractions are made to be swapped out every few years with a new superhero ip. Time will tell.

Animaniac93-98

I'm still calling it a Star Tours (or maybe Millennium Falcon size wise) whose cabin ejects and turns into flight of Passage. With a seat configuration change.

Which, if you asked an Imagineer, they'd have told you Pirates in Shanghai is totally unique. If you were being pedantic, a boat that could spin wasn't particularly a foreign mindblowing concept on paper.

This makes the most sense to me and would explain the tall, box-y show building they're making for this ride.

Remember that the reason they went with this instead of the Captain America coaster was because of capacity concerns. My guess is they'll have several cabins on two levels to maximize the number of riders.

But I liked the idea of a physical coaster with real sets and AAs. Another simulator sounds disappointing.

The Pho

I want a dark ride for the Avengers. With real sets. Is that too much to ask?
I’d say it is. Avengers is an action heavy property. The universe leans strongly into the use of CGI, building something with practical effects that live up to the film would be a tall order. A mix with primarily screens (like Spider-Man) is really the ideal format for a superhero attraction.

BrianLo

Original Poster

We'll have to see how Epcot's Guardians turns out and make the comparison in a few years. I presume the Roller Coaster system would have been a similar play to what they are doing.

I don't know if a coaster in a box helps round out DCA's library though or does more for Marvel. I'm still not convinced WDI has really achieved a great indoor coaster outside of Space Mountain. Given "Tron" or "Flight of Passage", the later probably will help DCA out more and be more fitting of that property

But in a different world a ride like RoTR and Mickey and Minnie would have been the perfect compliment to DCA. I'd love for their next E-tickets after Marvel to skew closer to Tokyo Disney Seas' FantasySprings with a couple heavily laden E-ticket dark rides.

I also know I exist out on a weird limb, but I perceive Mission Breakout to be a relatively practical ride.

I also am starting to think Mission Breakout is my favourite ride in that park. This is a blockable offence.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I’d say it is. Avengers is an action heavy property. The universe leans strongly into the use of CGI, building something with practical effects that live up to the film would be a tall order. A mix with primarily screens (like Spider-Man) is really the ideal format for a superhero attraction.

IMO a ride like Indiana Jones Adventure or Journey to the Center of the Earth would live up to that. You could have some screen bits, but still have it mostly "real".

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It does line up with the rumor that the marvel land attractions are made to be swapped out every few years with a new superhero ip. Time will tell.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post on the ride system. But I never heard the rumor of Disney/Marvel swapping out one character for another every couple of years. I would say for now that rumor is proven false as the attractions so far have been built around specific characters. So unless they plan on completely redoing the attractions every 5-10 years (very costly) I doubt this is even a rumor.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Iron Man and Ant Man in HK were mostly screen rides. Spider-Man in Paris and DCA will be a mostly screen ride. This is another simulator. Mission: Breakout has more screens instead of sets in the shaft.

My belief so far based on all the information available is this will NOT just be another simulator ride. A bunch of simulators don't need that large of a building.

Also you're getting a massive new dark ride just across the esplanade opening in January. And then another one opening in 2022 in TT. Both of which also have screens.

britain

My belief so far based on all the information available is this will NOT just be another simulator ride. A bunch of simulators don't need that large of a building.

Also you're getting a massive new dark ride just across the esplanade opening in January. And then another one opening in 2022 in TT. Both of which also have screens.

Have you seen the flight of passage building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom