Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

Because all they care about is making profit?
anigif_sub-buzz-15313-1504023464-5.gif

Wouldn’t a couple small AAs on a loop be cheaper in the long run? And more entertaining? Meaning more $$$?

Mac Tonight

Wouldn’t a couple small AAs on a loop be cheaper in the long run? And more entertaining? Meaning more $$$?
More $$ for maintenance. Little girls will likely see Rey and then want her costume and even a lightsaber. Somehow a bean-counter figured that would earn them more revenue than a mechanical visual gag.

Last edited:

Phroobar

More $$ for maintenance. Little girls will likely see Rey and then want her costume and even a lightsaber. Somehow a bean-counter figured that would run them more revenue than a mechanical visual gag.
I thought they bought star wars in order to get a hold of the male market?

Phroobar

First they screw up Pixar. Then the Muppets and now Star Wars. Somehow Marvel has been immune but we will see for how much longer.

Ismael Flores

I've only been to Pandora twice and each time there was a unique show. One was a whole group of drummers, another was a person in a giant mech suit walking around and explaining how the armor worked. It was really cool and added a lot to the environment.

I still don't get why TDA has been so slow in listening to people and start adding more walk around entertainment. If universal can pull of some cool and simple looking Dinos walking around Jurassic area why can't Disney add a few creatures.

maybe they can have one of the bands that they just cut in entertainment play in the resistance area. All they need is a few cool looking custom and masks.

SSG

I was watching one of the D23 panels recently and Scott Trowbridge was talking about immersive storytelling and making guests feel like they are part of what's happening. He kind of plaintively asked the audience if they liked that sort of thing and maybe the Imagineers should do things differently if all the 'immersion' wasn't popular.

He got some applause but I thought it was a lukewarm. The question made me think Scott was having second thoughts about how GE has been implemented.

Mac Tonight

I was watching one of the D23 panels recently and Scott Trowbridge was talking about immersive storytelling and making guests feel like they are part of what's happening. He kind of plaintively asked the audience if they liked that sort of thing and maybe the Imagineers should do things differently if all the 'immersion' wasn't popular.

He got some applause but I thought it was a lukewarm. The question made me think Scott was having second thoughts about how GE has been implemented.
I'm sure second, third, fourth, and fifth thoughts are running rampant through the monorail-themed halls of WDI.

mickEblu

No Scott. We re not interested in watching two CMs in costumes pretending that they re fixing the stationary ship. Just entertain us.

mickEblu

Its a premature question anyway. Even though what they were going for is not my cup of tea nor do I think works for a theme park land, does he really think it’s the right time to ask the question? Based on what, two storm troopers they borrowed from TL?

Happyrebster

First they screw up Pixar. Then the Muppets and now Star Wars. Somehow Marvel has been immune but we will see for how much longer.

The Muppets have a new show coming on Disney+ that looks promising. Pixar is creating the movie "Soul" - which looks unique, interesting and fun. And Marvel is not only immune - it has been a blockbuster success!

I don't follow Star Wars, but I'd hardly say that they screwed up those other properties.

TROR

The Muppets have a new show coming on Disney+ that looks promising. Pixar is creating the movie "Soul" - which looks unique, interesting and fun. And Marvel is not only immune - it has been a blockbuster success!

I don't follow Star Wars, but I'd hardly say that they screwed up those other properties.
Pixar’s been pretty middle of the road this decade with only Toy Story 3 and Inside Out being standouts. Everything else has been bad or mediocre.

Edit: I guess Coco was good but obviously not good enough for me to remember it as a standout.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... since the SWL threads keep getting hijacked by those who want to complain on how bad the more recent SW movies were, then it should stand to reason that this thread be hijacked as much to talk about how beloved and successful the Marvel movies have been.

Hey, I hear the Marvel Campus is going to be so good because they're basing it on characters people like from really great and popular Marvel movies and they should give Feige a big raise!

Phroobar

Pixar’s been pretty middle of the road this decade with only Toy Story 3 and Inside Out being standouts. Everything else has been bad or mediocre.
Agreed. The Muppets have been treated like trash by Disney. All they have is one old movie attraction between star wars areas. Their last movie failed. They got kicked out of DCA for movie trailers. The only thing saving them is Muppet Babies. Disney killed Kermit. They are hardly a franchise that is doing well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom