Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

Then they need to get rid of the tourists, close the shops and let 1 person in a time to really experience a true Star Wars world.
This is getting ridiculous.
None of those things exist in Potter or Pandora.
No death eaters roaming about, no dementors, no Navi running around, no goblins strutting through the village. In those lands they are in the attractions.

True yet Harry Potter’s worlds are whimsical and an attraction in and of themselves. Star Wars worlds not so much. Definitely not the one they went with. It’s not Star Wars without the aliens and droids.

D.Silentu

And yet little old Knott's Berry Farm can have an entire cast of talented interactive characters roaming the streets being sheriffs, train robbers, saloon girls, mayors, having shootouts, etc. but Disney in its 14 acre massive "immersive" land can only manage a couple stormtroopers (just sent over from Tomorrowland), no aliens, no roaming droids, no Jedi (except Rey), no smugglers, no bounty hunters, no stunt shows in the streets, etc.
The spin that is was logistically not possible is ridiculous. Ever been to a Renaissance Faire? Star Wars Weekend? Star Trek:The Experience in Las Vegas?
Let's not overlook "Legends Of Frontierland"; Disney has successfully done this before.

Snow Queen

I keep reading that acronym as a swear

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You guys have heard of ROTR right?
Let me give you a basketball analogy.
Here is a basketball team with a superstar player but he isn’t a true number 1. The team struggles to even make the playoffs and everyone rips the superstar because he isn’t any good. They real problem isn’t that this player sucks, it’s that he isn’t in his best role, as a great number 2 to a true number 1. He’s a Robin having to play the role of Batman. Then all of a sudden the team gets a true number 1 and they start competing for championships. Suddenly the guy who can assume his true number 2 role is seen as great for what he is.
The number one, and possibly the best player in the game, is on its way for Galaxy’s Edge. If you can’t understand what a MASSIVE difference that will make for GE in terms of atmosphere, things to do, scope because of the scale and size of this attraction, then I’m sorry but your just being obtuse. The argument isn’t perfection. What land is perfect? But, more people will be stirring around that area of the park. I’m sure characters will be roaming that area more. People will be coming out of that ride excited. Wowed in fact if it’s what we all think it will be. Then, all of a sudden, everything else gets moved to its proper position. MF as a quality second attraction and shopping and dining become just that, shopping and dining, instead of having to stand in as attractions until ROTR opens.
You are a OKC THUNDER fan aint ya?

Disneylover152

Star Wars just needs energy. Pandora has the drummers, waterfalls, and interactive shows. Toy Story has slinky dog, swirling saucers, 2 green army men shows and character meets. Harry Potter has the interactive wand stuff, shows and flight of the hippogriff. Not to mention Hagrids in Florida plus Diagon Alley.

Star Wars looks the most beautiful IMO, but it needs shows and droids and aliens and life to the land. It’s an immersive experience yet all the inhabitants are human. It’s not about they were too nervous for the crowds, it’s about them being too cheap. They could have easily put an alien behind the bar in the cantina, or droids roaming behind the Falcon Fence, or take the show they already choreographed for media day and present it daily. They chose not to.

planodisney

Star Wars just needs energy. Pandora has the drummers, waterfalls, and interactive shows. Toy Story has slinky dog, swirling saucers, 2 green army men shows and character meets. Harry Potter has the interactive wand stuff, shows and flight of the hippogriff. Not to mention Hagrids in Florida plus Diagon Alley.

Star Wars looks the most beautiful IMO, but it needs shows and droids and aliens and life to the land. It’s an immersive experience yet all the inhabitants are human. It’s not about they were too nervous for the crowds, it’s about them being too cheap. They could have easily put an alien behind the bar in the cantina, or droids roaming behind the Falcon Fence, or take the show they already choreographed for media day and present it daily. They chose not to.
Which show did they have for media day that they didn’t continue?

mickEblu

Now what are we going to do? The Resistance captured the only two Stormtroopers on the entire planet of Baatu.

Yesterday a I saw a modest crowd gathered outside the X wing on the Resistance side of the land. As I got closer I realized it was because Rey and Chewie were “working” on it. I glanced as I was passing by. The whole thing was so awkward as they weren’t really engaging the crowd at all. Because remember - this is not entertainment. It’s REAL. We re really in Batuu. They were just pretending that they were working on the ship that’s on the pedestal behind the barricade. People didn’t really seem entertained. The reaction was more like when you see an accident on the freeway and slow down.

One thing I did notice that did make an actual difference in the ambiance of the land is that they were blasting some weird alien music outside the Bazaar/ Rontos along the main path out of the land towards ROTR. I think it’s the same music that Rex spins at the cantina.

Phroobar

Yesterday a I saw a modest crowd gathered outside the X wing on the Resistance side of the land. As I got closer I realized it was because Rey and Chewie were “working” on it. I glanced as I was passing by. The whole thing was so awkward as they weren’t really engaging the crowd at all. Because remember - this is not entertainment. It’s REAL. We re really in Batuu. They were just pretending that they were working on the ship that’s on the pedestal behind the barricade. People didn’t really seem entertained. The reaction was more like when you see an accident on the freeway and slow down.

One thing I did notice that did make an actual difference in the ambiance of the land is that they were blasting some weird alien music outside the Bazaar/ Rontos along the main path out of the land towards ROTR. I think it’s the same music that Rex spins at the cantina.
People see characters doing something and think it's a show. They could have easily put two AA droids fixing the ship with some banter for what the two live actors were giving. It would have been cheaper in the long run too.

mickEblu

People see characters doing something and think it's a show. They could have easily put two AA droids fixing the ship with some banter for what the two live actors were giving. It would have been cheaper in the long run too.

That would be 100 times better. Two funny droids fighting while working on the ship and the whole thing could play on a loop. But they were so focused on the wrong thing. Why do they think that anyone cares so much about this story they re trying to shove down our throats? Why are they so out of touch that they think seeing two people in costumes pretending to fix a ship behind a gate would be entertaining to people?

Mac Tonight

That would be 100 times better. Two funny droids fighting while working on the ship and the whole thing could play on a loop. But they were so focused on the wrong thing. Why do they think that anyone cares so much about this story they re trying to shove down our throats? Why are they so out of touch that they think seeing two people in costumes pretending to fix a ship behind a gate would be entertaining to people?
Because all they care about is making profit?
anigif_sub-buzz-15313-1504023464-5.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom