Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

NateD1226

Just watched a Fresh Baked video and he still thinks the Spider-Man ride could be suspended based on the concept art. Hasn’t this been 100% confirmed that it cannot be suspended based on the plans we ve seen or am I making that up? Man, my enthusiasm for this ride would go way up if it was suspended and had even some slight swaying motion.

Imagine the ride vehicle in the concept art just lifting up into the warehouse after leaving the load zone. Cmon Disney, do this right.
That would amazing! It would definitely be WAY better than TSMM.

Btw, I am loving your new profile picture haha

NateD1226

I’m curious why does TSMM seem so unpopular here? It’s my DD’s favorite ride and always has really long waits so it’s a popular ride. I enjoy doing it with her and we always have fun. I prefer the classic dark rides of course but TSMM is fun.
The ride lacks story and sets. It would flow better if it had a story related around Bonnie/Andy and the toys or the carnival in TS4. The premise being no premise sucks and is underwhelming. Kids love it, just like your daughter, as it was mostly geared toward them. You can tell it is simple and basically swallows the crowd. It would have been way better if Disney actually put some thought into it.

GingerGirl3

The ride lacks story and sets. It would flow better if it had a story related around Bonnie/Andy and the toys or the carnival in TS4. The premise being no premise sucks and is underwhelming. Kids love it, just like your daughter, as it was mostly geared toward them. You can tell it is simple and basically swallows the crowd. It would have been way better if Disney actually put some thought into it.

But it does. We loved the exit and seeing where we were. It was a fun surprise at the end to see what was going on. We still always stop and check it out and I have to grab the kids away every time. I’ve never googled an explanation but it was pretty clear to us.

TROR

If it was as smooth as yours it would be. It has a more thrilling track layout.
Gonna have to give it to Disneyland. Most of Space Mountain's quality comes from its queue and Disneyland's overall aesthetic is just so much better.

__r.jr

What is it with Disney and their obsession with the warehouse/industrial template aesthetic?

Mission: Breakout!, Lamplight Lounge, World of Disney and now Spider-Man.

And rest assured, the queue will consist of a series of glass cases filled with props and replicas as references and be touted as world building, theme coherency.

Please. It's haphazard and lazy.

If one wants a world expanded beyond easter eggs and authentic display pieces then look no further than Expedition Everest as it accomplishes this and than some.

One would think, with Marvel having such an engulfing rich universe, Disney would have more than enough materiel to work with - to establish these environments as lived-in, reverent and glamorized settings.

You know, something Disney was well known for doing.

lazyboy97o

Just watched a Fresh Baked video and he still thinks the Spider-Man ride could be suspended based on the concept art. Hasn’t this been 100% confirmed that it cannot be suspended based on the plans we ve seen or am I making that up? Man, my enthusiasm for this ride would go way up if it was suspended and had even some slight swaying motion.

Imagine the ride vehicle in the concept art just lifting up into the warehouse after leaving the load zone. Cmon Disney, do this right.
The art shows open space above the ride vehicles. The steel beams are just along the load platform.

TROR

What is it with Disney and their obsession with the warehouse/industrial template aesthetic?

And rest assured, the queue will consist of a series of glass cases filled with props and replicas as references and be touted as world building, theme coherency.

If one wants a world expanded beyond easter eggs and authentic display pieces then look no further than Expedition Everest as it accomplishes this and than some.

One would think, with Marvel having such an engulfing rich universe, Disney would have more than enough materiel to work with - to establish these environments as lived-in, reverent and glamorized settings.

Don't forget Smuggler's Run. Though better than the others, the queue is still terribly industrial and cold.

mickEblu

Two words that start with CH

Cheaper
Chapek

DLR>WDW

I've been pretty down on this ride ever since they announced it and put out those lame Parks Blog posts, however seeing this concept art does give me a bit of hope. I know I'm being way too optimistic here, but some things they could do with these ride vehicles would be really interesting and live up to Disney's "never before seen technology" phrase.
1) Not 100% sure, but it kinda looks like the vehicles are being suspended in the air. If they are, the vehicles could swing back and fourth and even raise up and down.
2) The glass can be used to frost out during transitions, act as a way to deliver glasses-less 3D, and be a surface for projection--giving an AR headset look
3) Disney has mentioned physical effects in their blog posts, so if packaged with the previously mention RV tech, I could actually see this as a neat ride that rivals IOA's.

But if none of this is used... yeah this ride is gonna suck.

ParkPeeker

I've been pretty down on this ride ever since they announced it and put out those lame Parks Blog posts, however seeing this concept art does give me a bit of hope. I know I'm being way too optimistic here, but some things they could do with these ride vehicles would be really interesting and live up to Disney's "never before seen technology" phrase.
1) Not 100% sure, but it kinda looks like the vehicles are being suspended in the air. If they are, the vehicles could swing back and fourth and even raise up and down.
2) The glass can be used to frost out during transitions, act as a way to deliver glasses-less 3D, and be a surface for projection--giving an AR headset look
3) Disney has mentioned physical effects in their blog posts, so if packaged with the previously mention RV tech, I could actually see this as a neat ride that rivals IOA's.

But if none of this is used... yeah this ride is gonna suck.

Maybe they are going to do something ARish that makes you feel like a superhero wearing a mask with a hud and all. Didn't they say it would make you feel like a superhero. Well I wish for the best, but prepared for the meh.

Californian Elitist

I’m happy I’m in the state that’ll have the better Spider-Man ride.

Didn’t think I had to spell it out so clearly for the class.

Trust me, I knew what you meant this entire time.

I responded in the manner I did because I don’t believe it matters where people live. If those of us who live in California want to spend money to go to Florida to ride USO’s Spider-Man ride, so be it. If those who live in Florida want to experience this upcoming Spider-Man ride that we don’t know much about, so be it.

Where people live to experience theme park rides doesn’t matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom