Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Ismael Flores

The one advantage of opening Avenger Campus up as soon as the park opens is capacity.

If the parks where to open the cap would be limited to 25%. The more park capacity the more tickets and admissions the park can sell.
Obviously they would do their math and see if the extra capacity and revenue from that extra capacity would cover the cost of operations for the new land.
As for the small shows, parks like Tokyo have been doing shows with properly placed markers for social distancing. The same can be done especially if the small shows are not previously announced and are at a random schedule.

mickEblu

Spiderman will be very popular much the same way that Toy Story Mania is. IMO at least.

Yeah you re probably right. It’s interactive and it’s Spider-Man. With that said, it’s not moving the needle or getting anyone to book vacations. It’s just giving APs one more thing that interactive and repeatable. I feel that these kind of rides need to be limited to a couple per park Tops and that’s if Spidey can do enough to differentiate itself from TSMM. From an overall park perspective it’s a bit of a let down to think the majority of last major additions (aside from Cars Land) at DCA have been bad overlays (Pixar Pier), screen ride shooters (TSMM and Spider-Man) and a bad overlay that turned a great ride into a screen ride (GOTG: MB). This isn’t the kind of quality and ambition that made Disneyland what it is today. DCA isn’t Disneyland but it was on a good track until Chapek came on board.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

The one advantage of opening Avenger Campus up as soon as the park opens is capacity.

If the parks where to open the cap would be limited to 25%. The more park capacity the more tickets and admissions the park can sell.
Obviously they would do their math and see if the extra capacity and revenue from that extra capacity would cover the cost of operations for the new land.
As for the small shows, parks like Tokyo have been doing shows with properly placed markers for social distancing. The same can be done especially if the small shows are not previously announced and are at a random schedule.
But they aren't doing that in Orlando or Paris, which are the only two resorts that are fully owned by TWDC.

Universal Orlando is rumored to be resuming their nighttime show this weekend, but Universal has been doing a lot more than Disney during the pandemic. Almost everything is open at Universal, including streetmosphere, big entertainment. Disney World isn't doing any of that, whether for money reasons or for safety reasons.

PostScott

Spiderman will be very popular much the same way that Toy Story Mania is. IMO at least.
TSM isn't THAT popular. The only reason why is has really long lines and Buzz doesn't is because TSM's capacity is a ant compared to Buzz's monsteras omnimover system. Up to three people every 10 seconds while TSM is 8 people every 45-60 seconds.

Stevek

TSM isn't THAT popular. The only reason why is has really long lines and Buzz doesn't is because TSM's capacity is a ant compared to Buzz's monsteras omnimover system. Up to three people every 10 seconds while TSM is 8 people every 45-60 seconds.
Always seemed pretty popular to me but what do I know.

George Lucas on a Bench

It is popular. I think Capacity may be a contributor to it constantly having one of the longest lines in the DLR, but it's obviously popular. The lines wouldn't form if it wasn't. It was worse in MGM Studios the one time I went on it and if you didn't have a Fastpass, the line was two hours.

Disneylover152

Buzz's hourly capacity is roughly 1968 pph and TSMM's hourly capacity is roughly 1440 pph.

I picked a random day and used Touring Plans to see the wait times for those attractions. I picked May 1, 2018 as a good moderate crowd day. Buzz was around a 25 minute wait during the middle of the day and TSMM was around a 60 minute wait during the middle of the day.

BayouShack

For the record, TSMM dispatches 2 trains with 8 passengers each every cycle. So 16 guests every 30 seconds or so.

I am of the mind that wait times are exponential and inverse to capacity. The length of the ride signals the ride’s value. Something with a long line has perceived popularity. So people are willing to wait longer for it. Something with a short line doesn’t seem popular, so people are less likely to get in line for it. If a tourist is choosing between two rides, they would assume the one with a longer line is a better ride. They’ll choose that one if they have the time. If ever the queue time dips, people will flood it because it seems like a good deal. And the cycle repeats itself.

Last edited:

TP2000

So BGs sell out in 30 seconds instead? I understand criticisms of the land, but Rise is objectively a very strong ride.

I agree, Rise is a very good ride. It's great.

I just think that having it in DHS where there are only a half dozen other rides, versus having it in Disneyland where there are over 40 other rides, is going to make a difference for Disneyland.

The attendance cap of 25% once it reopens is really gonna change the way Disneyland operates.

ToTBellHop

I agree, Rise is a very good ride. It's great.

I just think that having it in DHS where there are only a half dozen other rides, versus having it in Disneyland where there are over 40 other rides, is going to make a difference for Disneyland.

The attendance cap of 25% once it reopens is really gonna change the way Disneyland operates.
Will it? I don’t feel like it’s impacted MK. 25% of the NYE attendance is still a lot of people when typical ride capacity is reduced by 2/3, they must clean ride vehicles instead of just leaving snot, there are no shows, dining locations are closed, and hours are reduced.

We were loaded onto Rise. Two vehicles as usual. 4 in my car. 1 in the other. So the usual capacity of 16 was reduced to 5. And it still breaks down a lot.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Yeah you re probably right. It’s interactive and it’s Spider-Man. With that said, it’s not moving the needle or getting anyone to book vacations. It’s just giving APs one more thing that interactive and repeatable. I feel that these kind of rides need to be limited to a couple per park Tops and that’s if Spidey can do enough to differentiate itself from TSMM. From an overall park perspective it’s a bit of a let down to think the majority of last major additions (aside from Cars Land) at DCA have been bad overlays (Pixar Pier), screen ride shooters (TSMM and Spider-Man) and a bad overlay that turned a great ride into a screen ride (GOTG: MB). This isn’t the kind of quality and ambition that made Disneyland what it is today. DCA isn’t Disneyland but it was on a good track until Chapek came on board.
And again, just speaking for myself and my own (motion sickness) limitations, IF I can manage this attraction (and I can't do TSMM), I will be THRILLED! Not just because I'm a massive Marvel nerd, but because there's very few attractions I can actually go on in DCA. There's Monsters Inc. and Little Mermaid and the Red Car Trolley. Oh, and Soarin' if I close my eyes part of the time! I'm game for MI any time - it's a sweet little dark ride from a movie I enjoy. Can't remember the last time I went on LM - it's just... yeah... And I think I've been on the Trolley there maybe twice ever? But possibly just once. Soarin' I do maybe once or twice in a year? And that's as someone who spends... spent... a LOT of time in DCA on a very regular basis (because characters and entertainment).

A park needs more than E-tickets. And I'm hoping that Spider-Man is going to be just my speed. Literally. :)

lazyboy97o

Another advantage is the back-to-back seating. Spider-Man could operate much closer to a normal operating capacity instead of severely cut down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom