Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

socalifornian

A1BE6756-AD66-43B9-938C-3EF73010A722.jpeg

BubbaisSleep

With P&TF & Mickey’s Railroad already announced I see them holding off on this until they can be in a place to do a huge announcement at a popular event as it’s a brand new ride. Once things go back to normal, this ride would put them back in the headlines & the public.

If they did have to cancel the project they still need to put something in its place. How can the weenie of the land only contain a gift shop and a trolley storage building? The disappointment is equivalent to seeing the Millennium Falcon in-front of only a gift shop. Even Disney bringing over the Marvel superhero show in its place would help.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
With P&TF & Mickey’s Railroad already announced I see them holding off on this until they can be in a place to do a huge announcement at a popular event as it’s a brand new ride. Once things go back to normal, this ride would put them back in the headlines & the public.

If they did have to cancel the project they still need to put something in its place. How can the weenie of the land only contain a gift shop and a trolley storage building? The disappointment is equivalent to seeing the Millennium Falcon in-front of only a gift shop. Even Disney bringing over the Marvel superhero show in its place would help.
The Avenger's E-Ticket ride was already announced late last year.

Anjin

GOTG:MB is the MarveLand weenie, by Walt's meaning.

mickEblu

You re making too much sense but this isnt the Disney of old. They re ok with GOTG: MB in Hollywoodland for 5 years. Plus the real weenie of the land is still GOTG and it’s a completely different color scheme than the rest of the land and facing away from it.

BubbaisSleep

The Avenger's E-Ticket ride was already announced late last year.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I mean brand new ride as in we know nearly nothing about this attraction and it's brand new from the ground up. Splash is using an existing ride system and Mickey's ride is a clone. So they really only have this ride left as an unannounced brand new ride, which will catch headlines way more than the other two attractions.

You re making too much sense but this isnt the Disney of old. They re ok with GOTG: MB in Hollywoodland for 5 years. Plus the real weenie of the land is still GOTG and it’s a completely different color scheme than the rest of the land and facing away from it.
You might be right but it's hard for me to determine how prominent the Quinjet is or how GOTG:MB will look from the land off of pictures. In a normal situation, the Quinjet would get all the attention so it's disappointing to see it unused for so long and possibly dominated by GOTG as the weenie. GOTG might actually look better from inside the land. Still won't fix the color scheme problem.

Last edited:

TP2000

Aloha,
Understand. However, doesn’t Kathleen Kennedy deserve some credit for the destruction of two prime IPs? Her vision of SW has been totally atrocious from the movies to SWGE.

I'm so late in responding to this, and I apologize as I've not been on this site as frequently this summer. But this is a really valid point.

We can all laugh at Bob Chapek and his cheesy, canned public interviews as a man who clearly has no idea how Disney theme parks work or what makes them special. But there's an additional element to the failure of Star Wars Land and the Star Wars franchise that may also imperil Marvel and its various franchises. And that element is Kathleen Kennedy, or those like her who fancy themselves "storytellers" who put fashionable socio-political trends ahead of the story and thus weaken it.

The Star Wars franchise of the last 5 years is a great example. Kathleen Kennedy and the various clueless execs in Burbank who empowered her are to blame, but will probably not face any consequences for it. Let's hope Marvel, and by extension DCA's Marvel Land, can escape that same fate.

Phroobar

...have very little interest in Marvel Land, or Avengers Campus,....

But you guys keep posting about it. I hate to see how many posts there will be if people actually cared about the franchise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom