Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

lazyboy97o

Six castle parks and they're all named "Disneyland" except for one.

Each castle park has none to three extra parks as part of its "resort." But their existence is often left out of the naming convention of "CityName Disneyland."

Only "Disney World" gives a naming convention that implies there's more there than the castle park.

Any attached hotel is called a 'resort.' But the whole parks and resorts complex is also called a 'resort'.

So... don't blame the guest for being confused.
Only Disneyland Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort follow the convention of combining the Disneyland park name with "Resort".

Tokyo and Shanghai are Tokyo Disney Resort and Shanghai Disney Resort.

Paris was Disneyland Resort Paris, but that was changed a few years ago to just be Disneyland Paris. At opening it started the Tokyo/Shanghai convention being Euro Disney Resort with Euro Disneyland.

Technically only one is named “Disneyland.”
Two. The park known as "Disneyland Paris" is actually just Disneyland.

Curious Constance

1595297802980.png

DrAlice

You know, I thought of that. Perhaps the 26 year old Imagineers who designed this thing don't remember what Circuit City was. They would have been about 15 when it went out of business. They probably had no idea.
Yes. However, the execs that approved the final plan are certainly old enough to remember. I'm guessing no one cared.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I’m curious to know if there’s anyone here who is stoked for this project...

Mildly looking forward to it. I think the big ride could be neat (if it happens).

Ambition (on paper), is what it feels lacking. Compared to Radiator Springs, Pandora, SW:GE. Regardless of everyone's thoughts on each of those and how they ended up. We can't really argue that all of them started off ambitious.

This feels cobbled together.

Animaniac93-98

Mildly looking forward to it. I think the big ride could be neat (if it happens).

Ambition (on paper), is what it feels lacking. Compared to Radiator Springs, Pandora, SW:GE. Regardless of everyone's thoughts on each of those and how they ended up. We can't really argue that all of them started off ambitious.

This feels cobbled together.

I feel the same way, but I'm looking forward to the Paris version more, despite being largely the same because of the Iron Man retheme of RnRC and that park didn't have to loose ToT to "fit" the land (even though it's the same distance apart from the rest of it).

Paris will also have the Marvel hotel to compliment the land in the park.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I feel the same way, but I'm looking forward to the Paris version more, despite being largely the same because of the Iron Man retheme of RnRC and that park didn't have to loose ToT to "fit" the land (even though it's the same distance apart from the rest of it).

Paris will also have the Marvel hotel to compliment the land in the park.

Yes, it doesn't suffer from the designed in piecemeal fashion.

I could wind up being stoked for the E-ticket though.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Only Disneyland Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort follow the convention of combining the Disneyland park name with "Resort".

Tokyo and Shanghai are Tokyo Disney Resort and Shanghai Disney Resort.

Paris was Disneyland Resort Paris, but that was changed a few years ago to just be Disneyland Paris. At opening it started the Tokyo/Shanghai convention being Euro Disney Resort with Euro Disneyland.

Two. The park known as "Disneyland Paris" is actually just Disneyland.
Incorrect they actually refer to it as "Disneyland Park"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom