Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Rich Brownn

What?

Anything that physically moves and has guests move with it in a theme/amusement park is considered a ride. This is a fact. I’ve worked attractions in two completely different theme parks and was informed of this at each respective park during training.

Sounds like you weren’t aware of this fact. Now you are.
When I worked at Disney we didn't have rides. Everything was an "attraction" :D (Seriously that was actually emphasized during orientation, along with the fact it is never Disney or Disney World -- the "Walt" was mandatory. How times have changed....)

Phroobar

When I worked at Disney we didn't have rides. Everything was an "attraction" :D (Seriously that was actually emphasized during orientation, along with the fact it is never Disney or Disney World -- the "Walt" was mandatory. How times have changed....)
Agreed. I can't stand it when someone stumbles in here and starts saying they are going to "Disney" when they mean "Disneyland". The place deserves more respect than that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed. I can't stand it when someone stumbles in here and starts saying they are going to "Disney" when they mean "Disneyland". The place deserves more respect than that.
In my experience that has been mostly an East Coaster thing. They tend to call WDW "Disney", while West Coasters stick with the traditional "Disneyland" for DLR. So if you hear someone call going to DLR as "going to Disney", I would guess they're probably from somewhere back East.

MarvelCharacterNerd

It's too bad you can't wait because it's going to be a while.
Well, I tried climbing over the wall but they stopped me. :D (disclaimer: no, that wasn't me lol)

So now I'm just like:

1595273775852.png

truecoat

One minor difference in the Spider-Man ride in Paris vs DCA is the roof. Instead of a blue curve left over from the mural days, it's getting a bricked, triangular roof with logo. Also the building looks less like Circuit City in this concept.

So that building is designed to be that general size and shape because they made Spider-man fit into the Bug's life building.

lazyboy97o

One minor difference in the Spider-Man ride in Paris vs DCA is the roof. Instead of a blue curve left over from the mural days, it's getting a bricked, triangular roof with logo. Also the building looks less like Circuit City in this concept.

A gable roof makes more sense than an arched roof in France. It’s a constant slop that can shed snow.

Californian Elitist

Eh, but like anything else I'll reserve judgement until I experience it. I wasn't excited about the macaroni tower of terror but I enjoy it more than the original DCA ToT.

I feel it's okay to be excited about something in development. We're not deciding if we like it or not, just excited. ;)

I was very excited about the opening of Cars Land, for example. I couldn't wait to see it in person and experience it. This project, on the other hand...

TP2000

I'd really like to know who thought it was a good idea to have the Spiderman ride look like a repurposed Circuit City.

Seriously, no one thought to speak up about that in the planning meetings? :rolleyes:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Six castle parks and they're all named "Disneyland" except for one.

Each castle park has none to three extra parks as part of its "resort." But their existence is often left out of the naming convention of "CityName Disneyland."

Only "Disney World" gives a naming convention that implies there's more there than the castle park.

Any attached hotel is called a 'resort.' But the whole parks and resorts complex is also called a 'resort'.

So... don't blame the guest for being confused.

mickEblu

Each castle park has none to three extra parks as part of its "resort." But their existence is often left out of the naming convention of "CityName Disneyland."

Only "Disney World" gives a naming convention that implies there's more there than the castle park.

Any attached hotel is called a 'resort.' But the whole parks and resorts complex is also called a 'resort'.

No one is blaming a “guest.” I guess you would just assume that if someone made their way to a WDW magic chat fan site forum they would know the difference. Personally it’s just a small pet peeve to hear but I’m not losing any sleep over it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

and the difference between both of those and the one already in Orlando is the Orlando one is awesome and these are gonna suck.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

There is only one true Disneyland. Everything else is poor imitation.

Californian Elitist

Technically only one is named “Disneyland.”

J4546

heres a thread with a lot of great new pics of construction. you can se pavement being put down and alot more done to dr strange spot

TP2000

In fairness, it's only in WDW where every single hotel is a "Resort!" in the midst of a larger "Resort!". And all of them with a mandatory prefix of "Disney's", just to make it sound even more corporate and bland. Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, Disney's Motel 6 Resort At Flamingo Crossing, etc., etc.

The nomenclature and naming convention out there in the swamps has been messy and sloppy and blandly corporate for decades now. It's why people out there talk about going to "Disney!" and it can mean anything and nothing all at once.

The Disneyland Resort has three hotels; Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel, Grand Californian Hotel. They're hotels.

Tokyo Disney Resort has three hotels; Hotel MiraCosta, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Ambassador Hotel. They're hotels.

They're pretty much doing the same thing with nomenclature in Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. It's only at WDW where there's dozens of Resorts across a Resort and everything is Disney's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom