Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

They should just let James Cameron come up with all future attractions.

I'm too busy filming Avatar sequels. Here's a great pic of some underwater motion capture I'm working on down here in New Zealand.

Californian Elitist

that is like saying a bus ride should count as an e-ticket.

What?

Anything that physically moves and has guests move with it in a theme/amusement park is considered a ride. This is a fact. I’ve worked attractions in two completely different theme parks and was informed of this at each respective park during training.

Sounds like you weren’t aware of this fact. Now you are.

D.Silentu

I will say that it has me interested. I had no use for Bug's Land, excepting the show as it was an opening day attraction. So there's a chance I may find this a more appealing space, which in my estimation was previously most used as a base camp for AP's with young children. More promising to me is this prospective Avengers ride. While its future is unclear at this point, it seems like the caliber of attraction that California Adventure still needs. That said, as with many people on this site, my hopes here are lukewarm.

smooch

I’m curious to know if there’s anyone here who is stoked for this project...

I initially replied talking about a different topic, thought I was in the Splash thread, oopsies, so I deleted the first response. I am excited for the project at least for a few reasons. I'm curious to see how the web slinging mechanic in the Spidey ride works, it sounds interesting. I also love Spider-Man and have since I saw the Raimi movies when they came out when I was little (I used to go as him for Halloween, had the toys, etc.) so I am just excited for anything Spider-Man which makes me also excited for the stuntamatronic. I would like to see the E-Ticket and what they come up with for it but there aren't many details and it is probably real far out from being a reality due to everything going on. I am not excited about the college campus aesthetic, but I think like the Dr. Strange show area can be really cool and I guess I am excited / curious to see what foods they have especially at the Ant-Man microbrewery, the resized food concept could be interesting and the food options I saw online while not extremely unique sound very delicious.

Animaniac93-98

One minor difference in the Spider-Man ride in Paris vs DCA is the roof. Instead of a blue curve left over from the mural days, it's getting a bricked, triangular roof with logo. Also the building looks less like Circuit City in this concept.

Mike S

Fair enough. I still have my problems with Skull Island as a screen-based attraction that's lacking on pacing among other thing, but I concede it's the best they could do given the original attraction and the Kong animatronic is fantastic.
Skull Island could’ve benefitted much better if the 360 section was the only screen section. People seem to love that part of the ride.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I’m curious to know if there’s anyone here who is stoked for this project...
Raises both hands!

Can't wait for the land. Can't wait for the character meets. Can't wait for the Doctor Strange show. Can't wait for the Spidey attraction. Can't wait for the Stuntronic.

Can wait forever for the E-ticket I will never ride.

So yeah, land - once characters are brought back - will be somewhere I plan on spending a lot of time. ♥

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom