Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MarvelCharacterNerd

I don't think it makes sense to open a new land that would attract crowds in a time of limited capacity - which I'd expect being at minimum the rest of 2020 - assuming DL/DCA is allowed to reopen this year.

Would think it's a no-brainer to push it back to 2021.

And I'm saying that as someone who is greatly looking forward to this land opening. No point in rushing it now. Especially without all the character meets intended to be a big draw here.

fctiger

I don't think it makes sense to open a new land that would attract crowds in a time of limited capacity - which I'd expect being at minimum the rest of 2020 - assuming DL/DCA is allowed to reopen this year.

Would think it's a no-brainer to push it back to 2021.

And I'm saying that as someone who is greatly looking forward to this land opening. No point in rushing it now. Especially without all the character meets intended to be a big draw here.

Exactly what I'm thinking too and like you I'm super excited for this land. But since everything is already delayed, what's the point of rushing it to even open if whenever these parks do open again is going to have a big capacity limit for awhile? It's exactly why TDR is not in a rush to open Beauty and the Beast which was suppose to open in April ( which I had planned to be there for) and that ride is basically complete. But the parks are at such a low level attendance wise and the worry is another break out can happen again probably doesn't make sense to open it up soon. Certainly doesn't seem to be this summer.

With AC, we're so far off from even being done now it probably makes sense to push it off to DCA's 20th birthday and just pray things are a lot more back to normal by then. And just thinking it through in my head, even IF they can get the park opened by September, the earliest it's probably opening will be early 2021 now unless they can work fast to get ready by the Christmas season.

truecoat

Does anyone know what these two backstage buildings (outlined in red and green) are for? Just curious.

Carsland buildings.jpg

smooch

I just finished reading the past few pages of this thread and I agree with most people here. My main problem is it seems like it's doing the exact same thing GE did, taking up a large amount of land for 1 (2 eventually) ride and a handful of shops and restaurants to get you to spend money. I know they have the Dr. Strange theater and meet and greets planned but it seems like so much space for so few actual things. I loved using Bugs Land as a getaway spot, there were plenty of seats, shade, they had the animal cracker box bathroom, and a few carts to buy a drink / snack while you relax. When I was younger my brothers and I loved the water feature there to run through and cool off during summer, and even on recent visits if there weren't any children running through me and my friends would either do a little walk through and see if we could make it out without getting splashed or even used it two summers ago when I was sweating my pants off to cool down in the park really quick.

Also, from looking at all those aerials it really makes me hate Guardians even more than I already do, it looks so terrible in every way. It genuinely feels like they used this ugly brown / bronze scheme so they could keep the base color from the ToT and just add on to it to save money / time instead of completely repainting. I know that's very very unlikely and they almost certainly had to repaint the entire thing, I just wish they went with some other color. It's so dang ugly. Another point everyone has brought up is delaying the land opening to 2021. I understand the reasoning and honestly I think the best course of action would be to delay the park until the big E-Ticket ride would open at the same time as the land, although I am not so sure that's on the table given the hold on spending the parks are all going to be going through for a while and especially since no progress has been made on the ride at all. I just feel like it would help avoid another GE fiasco, if they have a long with only the supplemental ride at opening people will go to the land, try the Instagrammable foods, take pictures with their favorite superheros, buy some merch, ride the one ride there, and leave. Especially since this land looks like it's gonna look like a community college campus there won't even be as much to go explore as there seems to be in GE (I haven't been yet so I can't talk from personal experience, just from photos and videos I've seen).

Aside from all this it still blows my mind that the land was supposed to be opening so soon and yet here we are. The parks have been having a pretty rough time for the last year or so but seeing the land at this stage when it was supposed to be open so soon really highlights how insane it has been, especially with the last 4ish months being closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom