Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Mickeyboof

3C0E6701-08A4-4ECC-97D9-1E1B053703BA.png

The merch is rolling in.

I truly cannot believe that a team of people made a conscious creative decision to call this land a Campus... and have it actually look like a campus.

I truly am beside myself with these creative decisions. I just can’t believe it.

Especially when that gorgeous concept art was leaked, to know that they did design a complex, authentic and detailed land... but instead we are getting a state school campus.

Mike S

View attachment 433871

The merch is rolling in.

I truly cannot believe that a team of people made a conscious creative decision to call this land a Campus... and have it actually look like a campus.

I truly am beside myself with these creative decisions. I just can’t believe it.

Especially when that gorgeous concept art was leaked, to know that they did design a complex, authentic and detailed land... but instead we are getting a state school campus.
You mean this?
marvel_dubai_01.jpg

It wasn’t WDI. It was for a park in Dubai.

RobWDW1971

View attachment 433871

The merch is rolling in.

Yup, if you thought the original DCA was a draw, wait until you walk through a perfect recreation of Cal State Dominguez Hills!

Californian Elitist

View attachment 433871

The merch is rolling in.

This is what happens when something that doesn’t belong in the park, in terms of theme, is shoved in there anyway. They have to come up with a ridiculous way to make it fit.

MistaDee

View attachment 433871

The merch is rolling in.

What concept art are you referring to? I've only seen CSU Marvel mock ups

MistaDee

I’d argue Marvel is more out of place in DCA than SWGE is at Disneyland. With that being said, both should have been put in DCA.

I disagree, Ant Man goes down in San Francisco so there's at least a tangential connection to California in the Marvel movies. Plus, thematically, the Marvel brand as action-packed, younger-skewing, fits with what differentiates DCA from Disneyland.

While it doesn't bother me all that much, I think Star Wars as a single IP, Sequel Trilogy based, land, is a more awkward fit with Disneyland's overall theme of "fond memories of the past...the challenge and promise of the future....the dreams and ideals that have created America." but not an altogether incongruent one.

Agreed that I would have preferred both go into DCA, for balancing the resort alone.

MistaDee

That elevated tram looks mighty nice. It'd be cool if they could have taken the Red Trolley and elevated it through Avengers land.

That being said, it's not like the latter is any masterpiece of design. Looks like a mix between Superhero Island at IoA and the New York land at Disneysea.

Much better than what we're getting but not a Discovery Bay size missed opportunity

Californian Elitist

I disagree, Ant Man goes down in San Francisco so there's at least a tangential connection to California in the Marvel movies. Plus, thematically, the Marvel brand as action-packed, younger-skewing, fits with what differentiates DCA from Disneyland.

While it doesn't bother me all that much, I think Star Wars as a single IP, Sequel Trilogy based, land, is a more awkward fit with Disneyland's overall theme of "fond memories of the past...the challenge and promise of the future....the dreams and ideals that have created America." but not an altogether incongruent one.

Agreed that I would have preferred both go into DCA, for balancing the resort alone.

The entire land won’t be based on Ant-Man in San Francisco though. The two main rides will be based on Spider-Man, which takes place in New York, and the Avengers, which will take place in Wakanda. I don’t think Ant-Man will have a significant presence at all. “Action-packed” isn’t DCA’s concept/theme.

Animaniac93-98

My biggest concern is that if I don’t show up at 5 am for a Boarding Group, I wont be able to register for the best course sections and I am NOT taking Bio with Dr. Connors and I’m certainly not taking Physics 312 with Dr. Octavius. He grades participation!

Who cares about class? This is a super hero college!

If it's not crawling with hot, ripped, drunk frat bois I'm going to send a strongly worded email to Guest Communications.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom