Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

This is modern imagineering, who came up with jack jack on sticks, you expect too much from them.

well this is a different issue. File this one in the cheap overlay box. I’m talking about how they have to overthink these E tickets (New builds) instead of just focusing on giving us something fun.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They said it’s a brand new ride experience... I don’t know how people are getting VR simulator?
and you took them at their word? many have already pointed out how it is similar to a lego ninja ride. so it's not a new ride system they invented, just new to put in one of their parks but its been around and used already.

Disney Analyst

and you took them at their word? many have already pointed out how it is similar to a lego ninja ride. so it's not a new ride system they invented, just new to put in one of their parks but its been around and used already.

Im talking about the Avengers E-ticket that had more details announced at comic con. Posted article on last page.

Disney Analyst

I thought we were talking about the spider man ride. i thought there was not much known at this point about the avenger's ride.

here’s an excerpt:

“Guests will enter the Avengers headquarters seen above and be sent out on a mission with The Avengers. Guests will board the land-exclusive Quinjet seen above and take off with all the “protection and technology” offered by The Avengers. Drake went on to say that all of the tech and security of a mission with The Avengers “gets ripped away” and your experience is transformed from a group experience in the Quinjet to an “individual flight” that will serve as the basis of your origin story as a superhero. In the concept art below, we can see the group experience described by Drake and the ride vehicle seats that each guest will sit in within the Quinjet.

After your “individual flight”, you’ll then rejoin the action on Wakanda where a battle on an epic scale will take place. As seen in the concept art, guests will actually move around in the attraction in their own individual seats as part of the aforementioned “individual flight” aspect of the attraction.

When asked to describe the ride system for the attraction, a question came from the audience attempting to link the Avengers E-Ticket to an existing Disney Parks experience like Flight of Passage or Soarin’. Drake answered that the ride system will be “completely unique” and “something that we’ve never seen before” due to the unique demands of telling a story with The Avengers on such a scale. By not linking the ride system specifically to an existing attraction as asked by a member of the audience, Drake confirmed that the ride system will be unique to the Disney Parks.”

mickEblu

here’s an excerpt:

“Guests will enter the Avengers headquarters seen above and be sent out on a mission with The Avengers. Guests will board the land-exclusive Quinjet seen above and take off with all the “protection and technology” offered by The Avengers. Drake went on to say that all of the tech and security of a mission with The Avengers “gets ripped away” and your experience is transformed from a group experience in the Quinjet to an “individual flight” that will serve as the basis of your origin story as a superhero. In the concept art below, we can see the group experience described by Drake and the ride vehicle seats that each guest will sit in within the Quinjet.

After your “individual flight”, you’ll then rejoin the action on Wakanda where a battle on an epic scale will take place. As seen in the concept art, guests will actually move around in the attraction in their own individual seats as part of the aforementioned “individual flight” aspect of the attraction.

When asked to describe the ride system for the attraction, a question came from the audience attempting to link the Avengers E-Ticket to an existing Disney Parks experience like Flight of Passage or Soarin’. Drake answered that the ride system will be “completely unique” and “something that we’ve never seen before” due to the unique demands of telling a story with The Avengers on such a scale. By not linking the ride system specifically to an existing attraction as asked by a member of the audience, Drake confirmed that the ride system will be unique to the Disney Parks.”

Sounds interesting but then again so did Galaxies Edge.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

here’s an excerpt:

Oh ok thanks. i dont think this really clarifies anything though by the guy they asked the questions too because we have seen the basic concept art and it is for sure going to require the user to have some sort of vr headware to have a individual experience. he may mean by having it start as a group then you get ejected to your own ride its a new system but it sounds like a motion control seat of some kind that is going to require the individual rider to use a vr headset which has been done before. Even some roller coasters use vr headsets.

The_Mesh_Hatter

I’m picturing goggles you wear that are initially translucent as part of the group experience aboard the ship, then a visor comes down beginning your “individual” VR journey. It’s not particularly impressive compared to, say, Indiana Jones Adventure or Pirates of the Caribbean, but it is a “new” ride system.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I’m picturing goggles you wear that are initially translucent as part of the group experience aboard the ship, then a visor comes down beginning your “individual” VR journey. It’s not particularly impressive compared to, say, Indiana Jones Adventure or Pirates of the Caribbean, but it is a “new” ride system.
you are probably right. i can picture exactly how that would look. most likely what we are gonna get. not that is a bad thing. i am looking forward to a cool Avenger's ride. i would prefer a well themed coaster personally but i hope the ride turns out outstanding like Indy. but we will see. i am looking forward to this and the runaway railway. rise of the resistance i am kind of meh on because i cant see it being thrilling at all.

thequeuelinelectures

I really really don’t think this is VR of any kind. Time will tell but I feel like they haven’t used any of the code words that would tilt me towards thinking it would be that. Beyond that, the capacity would probably be hilariously bad to clean, put on, and calibrate everyone’s VR headset.
I’m imagining something closer to every rider dropping into a simulator dome, at first facing the outside wall of the dome so you have a private simulator experience and then turning around for the big finale so you can see everyone joining in on the fight. Still a lot of holes but it feels more plausible for an attraction of this scale/budget than VR on a motion seat

Phroobar

Individual seats suspended from above in front of an imax screen. I hope the cables don't snap like they did for the flying carpet in the Aladdin show.

smooch

I agree with others it does sound like it could be cool but I don't have faith in them pulling it off well. I want them to but I simply don't think they will. It does seem very overly complicated in a way but if they can pull it off then I would love to be proved wrong, I know people say FoP is cool but loses points for being a simulator ride but that has never bothered me. If they can come up with a ride system that is unique in its own way like FoP even if it just a new vehicle for a simulator ride I would still be excited to see if they could come up with something comparable. I am being hopeful but it can honestly go very well or very poorly and I am just curious to see which way it goes.

thequeuelinelectures

Again, I think we still have a lot to learn about this attraction but I think it might actually be a lot better for the IP than a roller coaster. Like with Spider-Man, I think the goal is really to make us feel like a hero and the individualized element of this is a really cool way to make everyone feel like a hero.

I’d much rather feel like I became a superhero and fought alongside the avengers rather than a coaster where the plot would inevitably make us bystanders escaping some kind of calamity. We know what it feels like to watch the avengers save the day, the goal for this attraction is clearly, how does it feel to be an avenger

Ismael Flores

Individual seats suspended from above in front of an imax screen. I hope the cables don't snap like they did for the flying carpet in the Aladdin show.

I'm thinking more of some kind of kuka arm device. All seats close to eachother within an ecnlosed jet then the arms move pull out into individual tracks. Could it be something like harry potter but with only one or two seats per arm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom