Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Mickeyboof

When I first heard of a Marvel land I was so excited! They could have built Asguard or Wakanda or even the Avengers tower in New York but they went with a really bland "campus". I love Marvel and it really stinks that this is the best they can come up with.

I was actually excited as well. I’m not a big “marvel” fan, but I do like the classic lore of Spider-Man and the concept of “thrill” I attach to the Super Hero genre.

The abandonment of “theme” in this theme park land is shocking.

The land is set to be scrapped of theme, and instead replaced with convenient shoehorned “story.”

(Did you know that the CAMPUS in “Avengers Campus” stands for something? It’s an acronym. I wonder if they’ll list the acronym as an opening day experience along with photo pass magic shots).

This land will be a dud. And in 15 years it will result in another billion dollar “fix.” I wish chapek knew it is cheaper to build it right, than build it wrong and fix it.

I’ll just close my eyes and wish it was still this lovey slice of concept art. Sure, it’s NYC but some easy tweaks could make it a San Fransico Avengers base. That would be a lovely fix for our lost California Adventure theme.

A land with TEXTURE, DETAIL, AUTHENTICITY, KINETICS, LORE.

Attachments

• 2F85290F-5A49-4AF3-A861-1CE475096A51.jpeg
    2F85290F-5A49-4AF3-A861-1CE475096A51.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 168

britain

While not a good fit to DCA’s theme, I think this fits DCA’s vibe and scale perfectly.

These other ideas for Marvel lands are Tokyo or WDW-scale dreams, something that really can’t fit at in Anaheim unless it’s a 3rd park. AND EVEN THEN, the former strawberry field could only hold a park smaller than DCA. It wouldn’t be an Animal Kingdom, that’s for sure.

Mickeyboof

Marvel's New York should've gone in a third gate with Galaxy's Edge. A park focused on "incredible stories of heroism" or something like that. Vague, but enough of a theme to get the job done.

Well that would certainly be a dream.
While not a good fit to DCA’s theme, I think this fits DCA’s vibe and scale perfectly.

These other ideas for Marvel lands are Tokyo or WDW-scale dreams, something that really can’t fit at in Anaheim unless it’s a 3rd park. AND EVEN THEN, the former strawberry field could only hold a park smaller than DCA. It wouldn’t be an Animal Kingdom, that’s for sure.

If Cars can fit, Marvel can fit.

mickEblu

Since Galaxy's Edge had a staggered opening everyone is assuming that the same will be true going forward, but I really doubt it. From everything I've seen and read Rise of The Resistance was intended to open with the land, but couldn't due to major technical problems. It's absence has notably hurt GE, and I'm sure Disney is doing everything in it's power to prevent that from happening again. Not to mention the Spider-Man ride looks to have a much simpler ride system than something like RoTR.

Yeah I think it’s their intention to open it 2020 but we ll see. It is much simpler than ROTR so it has that going for it. I’d say it probably opens with the land even if they postpone the land opening to open it with Spider-Man. Even if it means it’s December 2020.

truecoat

(Did you know that the CAMPUS in “Avengers Campus” stands for something? It’s an acronym. I wonder if they’ll list the acronym as an opening day experience along with photo pass magic shots).

Centralized Assembly Mobilized to Prepare, Unite and Safeguard.

Animaniac93-98

Yeah I think it’s their intention to open it 2020 but we ll see. It is much simpler than ROTR so it has that going for it. I’d say it probably opens with the land even if they postpone the land opening to open it with Spider-Man. Even if it means it’s December 2020.

That's how I feel, but knowing how painfully slow Disney construction is and how the site is just steel framing now, I find it hard to believe everything but the E-ticket is going to be done within the next 14 months.

It's not unprecedented that Disney would announce an opening time frame, and then change it. Runaway Railway was supposed to open at DHS this year, but then got delayed until 2020. Wouldn't surprise me if next summer they say "both Marvel Campuses opening together in summer 2021!".

mickEblu

That's how I feel, but knowing how painfully slow Disney construction is and how the site is just steel framing now, I find it hard to believe everything but the E-ticket is going to be done within the next 14 months.

Well the fact that is actually a simple D ticket helps too.

mickEblu

Everything I've seen points to E.

Really? Id say it’s possible but the execution will have to be great. Out of curiosity do you think TSMM is an E ticket? If not, do you think the projections, ride vehicle movement and simple sets will take it over the top? For me Buzz and TSMM are D tickets so for Spider-Man to be an E because of the few extra elements the execution will have to be flawless.

truecoat

Really? Id say it’s possible but the execution will have to be great. Out of curiosity do you think TSMM is an E ticket? If not, do you think the projections, ride vehicle movement and simple sets will take it over the top? For me Buzz and TSMM are D tickets so for Spider-Man to be an E because of the few extra elements the execution will have to be flawless.

I'm reading too many forum posts at once. I thought I was in the MMRR forum. I agree, D ticket all the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom