Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

DrAlice

Just paint the damn tower white like the new FP station with some metallic trimming and maybe a splash of one other color. It would look so much better from BVS and Grizzly Peak Airfield. Having the view of that ugly tower with Carthay in the foreground is a crime

The phrase "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.

And, how on earth can you make a 1920s trolley make sense in this environment?

Nothing about this Marvel stuff is inspiring to me. It's mall/airport-like at best, and just plain ugly at worst. Is someone in WDI trolling everyone? I hope so, because that's really the only thing that makes any sense to me at this point.

*shrug* Just my opinion. As always, your mileage may vary.

mickEblu

The phrase "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.

Nothing about this Marvel stuff is inspiring to me. It's mall/airport-like at best, and just plain ugly at worst. Is someone in WDI trolling everyone? I hope so, because that's really the only thing that makes any sense to me at this point.

*shrug* Just my opinion. As always, your mileage may vary.

I actually don’t have huge problem with the whole Trolley thing. Sure, it was much cleaner when it was passing by TOT. I guess I view it more a transportation ride like the monorail and DLRR even though it obviously wasn’t designed that way as it only staying in one land (2 after GOTG moves to Marvel Land). I guess it makes about just as much sense as Monsters Inc in Hollywoodland.

Are you saying that painting the Tower white would be lipstick on a pig? Because that already happened with the GOTG overlay. If anything, painting it white would be smearing a little bit of that lipstick off.

DrAlice

Are you saying that painting the Tower white would be lipstick on a pig? Because that already happened with the GOTG overlay. If anything, painting it white would be smearing a little bit of that lipstick off.
While I'll give you that toning down the color might help with its sightline intrusions in other lands, adding paint won't take away all of the pipes, antennae, and other miscellaneous, nonsensical stuff they've attached to that thing. It's still going to be hideous.

mickEblu

While I'll give you that toning down the color might help with its sightline intrusions in other lands, adding paint won't take away all of the pipes, antennae, and other miscellaneous, nonsensical stuff they've attached to that thing. It's still going to be hideous.

No it won’t take it all away but it will help a lot.

planodisney

No it won’t take it all away but it will help a lot.
I’m almost embarrassed to admit this on here but I actual like the GOTG building. For me it’s one of the few things in DCA that has some over the top whimsy. If the transition makes it clearly apart of Marvel land I think I’ll like it even more.
Now let me duck as tomatoes come flying at my head. 😝

Ismael Flores

the same way it works in real life now. just because architecture evolves it doesnt mean that older architecture or thing with functionality dissapear.
the land can be easily themed to 2019 and still have a functioning trolly from the 1920’s.

how do you explain a steam train in tomorrowland?

besides the trolley is not rumored to go thru the land. it is suppose to stop at the entrance of it

Phroobar

the same way it works in real life now. just because architecture evolves it doesnt mean that older architecture or thing with functionality dissapear.
the land can be easily themed to 2019 and still have a functioning trolly from the 1920’s.

how do you explain a steam train in tomorrowland?

besides the trolley is not rumored to go thru the land. it is suppose to stop at the entrance of it
Hopefully Bob "Judge Doom" Chapek doesn't remove the trolley to build a freeway to Carsland.

i331745.jpg

YodaMan

Still catching up on this thread and got to the comments about trying to make M:B fit into the new storyline of Avengers Campus. Out of curiosity, has the whole situation with James Gunn ever been discussed in relation to the land? If they hadn’t had the firing/rehiring issue, it was largely assumed GotG Vol 3 would have been released in the prime May 2020 release slot. Do we think Disney was expecting this to be the case and that the cast and crew would have been back together by now to shoot the new film and have time to film new stuff for the ride as well? I could imagine a situation in which they made M:B without caring how it might fit into the story of the land because they knew they could always update it with the release of the land and tie it all in with the release of Vol 3 in theaters.

The Grand Inquisitor

This plan is just the worst level of Imagineering I’ve ever seen.

This is DCA 1.0 level work.

These people must be ashamed of the work they’re being forced to do...
When I first heard of a Marvel land I was so excited! They could have built Asguard or Wakanda or even the Avengers tower in New York but they went with a really bland "campus". I love Marvel and it really stinks that this is the best they can come up with.

mccgavin

When is the Spider-Man ride supposed to open? 2021?
They haven’t said it won’t be opening with the land in 2020. With that said I wouldn’t be surprised if it opens in 2021
Since Galaxy's Edge had a staggered opening everyone is assuming that the same will be true going forward, but I really doubt it. From everything I've seen and read Rise of The Resistance was intended to open with the land, but couldn't due to major technical problems. It's absence has notably hurt GE, and I'm sure Disney is doing everything in it's power to prevent that from happening again. Not to mention the Spider-Man ride looks to have a much simpler ride system than something like RoTR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom