No Name

Bob iger is the proud champion of the Shanghai Disneyland ribbon-cutting race.

Watch the first 30ish seconds of this video:

The Chinamen thought that they had outsmarted the American once again, by scrunching up their portions of the ribbon. But it seems as though the scissors could not handle so many layers of ribbon, because both Chinamen had to take many, many snips, while Bob Iger powered through his un-scrunched ribbon.

Bob won, and he gave a fist-pump! I'm not even kidding, I bet they had money on the line.

Low-quality pic, high-quality pose:
image.jpeg

------

So to answer your question, I have no doubt that he's eager to replicate his success and win more $$$ against new competitors such as James Cameron, John Landau, maybe Joe Rohde, or whoever else. So there will almost certainly be a ribbon-cutting "ceremony."

Aside from that, I know nothing official about the event, sorry. But you can bet I'll be watching it on the edge of my seat!

Brent_S

We'll be there opening day. I noticed this week the hours changed (again, and not just for AK but MK too that week). EMH is from 7-8AM, then regular hours are 8AM-11PM, and EMH from 11PM-1AM. So I'll be there bright and early to get a good spot for whatever ceremony is going on that day (staying on property).

Whyudie

Original Poster
We'll be there opening day. I noticed this week the hours changed (again, and not just for AK but MK too that week). EMH is from 7-8AM, then regular hours are 8AM-11PM, and EMH from 11PM-1AM. So I'll be there bright and early to get a good spot for whatever ceremony is going on that day (staying on property).
Do you need to stay on property to be able to lineup early for whatever ceremony is scheduled?

RandySavage

Bob iger is the proud champion of the Shanghai Disneyland ribbon-cutting race.

Watch the first 30ish seconds of this video:

The Chinamen thought that they had outsmarted the American once again, by scrunching up their portions of the ribbon. But it seems as though the scissors could not handle so many layers of ribbon, because both Chinamen had to take many, many snips, while Bob Iger powered through his un-scrunched ribbon.

Bob won, and he gave a fist-pump! I'm not even kidding, I bet they had money on the line.

Low-quality pic, high-quality pose: View attachment 200627

------

So to answer your question, I have no doubt that he's eager to replicate his success and win more $$$ against new competitors such as James Cameron, John Landau, maybe Joe Rohde, or whoever else. So there will almost certainly be a ribbon-cutting "ceremony."

Aside from that, I know nothing official about the event, sorry. But you can bet I'll be watching it on the edge of my seat!

LOL

Brent_S

^ This is true. Same goes for parking, as long as you're checking in or checking out parking is included at parks on both days (As well as your other dates of staying of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom