MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
C7C1BnpW0AQTdGw.jpg

Enhance.....

upload_2017-3-16_17-19-53.png

doctornick

I like the addition of the viperwolf cubs. Makes it more like observing a family on safari rather than being stalked.

I think that is the exact vibe they are going for -- a wildlife jungle cruise where you are observing nature, not a "something goes horribly wrong" where there is the threat of attack.

I actually wonder if there are more effects on the ride during some of the revealed scenes. Some of the video seems a bit too static with the scenery and would benefit from some kinetics (which may be there but not on). It wouldn't surprise me if there is additional stuff planned for the big reveal of the ride going live.

aprincessatlasst

From what they are showing the Na'vi River Ride looks pretty boring overall.
Once you get past the "look how pretty"...is there anything else that will keep guests really interested?

Hate to say it but I agree. You can see what looks like cable lines holding up the luminescent flowers. They seem to play the same scene with those jaguar looking things.

Past the hype it looks like the little mermaid ride with all the colors and "fakeness". At least with the little mermaid you have a cute story, what do you have with Navi? I love in some of the previews how James Cameron has to explain everything to the reporters because people just don't care enough about that story to know. Hopefully the other ride will be a thrilling one?

CTXRover

Attractions Magazine has put out 2 videos that give us some new looks:

Is that the same scene shown from 3 different angles of the viper wolves? I believe so looking at the similarities in the surroundings (same log and staging of plants in front and to the side of that scene). If so, looks like there may be different versions that may change from ride to ride (one with two adults and one with the babies).

The angle for the one with the babies I think shows a better contrast in regards to how it may really look. The depth created with the layered effect beyond the screen makes the wolves look less like projections.

Are they using the musion/3D hologram technology used with Shanghai Pirates (or think Dumbledore from Forbidden Journey queue or a projected video version of the HM pepper ghost effect)? The entire scene doesn't look to be just a projection on a screen staged behind plants in the front (as I initially thought).

Last edited:

kinghenry

What are the chances of being able to get a fastpass 30 days in advance (I'm a passholder)?

Also, when is the first day resort guests can get them?

Last edited:

doctornick

From what they are showing the Na'vi River Ride looks pretty boring overall.
Once you get past the "look how pretty"...is there anything else that will keep guests really interested?

We've seen only a small portion of NRJ. They keep showing the same scene repeatedly, sometimes with different angles. A good bit of the footage has been of shots of the people riding the boat which doesn't tell us much about the ride (except for how the boat looks).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom