AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

No Name

Yes, because an attraction that features ghost skeleton pirates should absolutely strive for historical accuracy.

No reason it should strive for such blatant inaccuracy. It's not a political argument in any way, it simply makes no sense that the woman would be an auctioneer on the same level as the men, in a ride about another culture set decades ago. But this isn't the thread.

And I'm sure there are, but just out of curiosity, where are ghost skeleton pirates?

Matt_Black

No reason it should strive for such blatant inaccuracy. It's not a political argument in any way, it simply makes no sense that the woman would be an auctioneer on the same level as the men, in a ride about another culture set decades ago. But this isn't the thread.

And I'm sure there are, but just out of curiosity, where are ghost skeleton pirates?

The beginning of the ride? "DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES."

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
How annoying as I was going to do breakfast at the Canteen on my first day, oh well will need to find another breakfast place now :(

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I am guessing its because breakfast was only server for an hr and they were also having to prep for lunch as well.

No Name

Does Disney have the rights to any other Lightstorm films too, namely Titanic? Or will we have to wait until Disney buys the company?

Also, in all this sequel delay talk, I didn't realize that the Battle Angel Alita movie was actually happening, and happening next year. Granted it won't be directed by James Cameron, but still exciting to learn.

S 2

Yes, because an attraction that features ghost skeleton pirates should absolutely strive for historical accuracy.
Exactly! Disney World has never strived for accuracy, its an idealized telling of a story. This is why we don't see slaves and prostitutes in Liberty Square....

No Name

My post was deleted, as I anticipated. Some people need a sense of humor.

Anyway, apparently a phase two is under consideration for some years out. I can't really see them investing more in Pandora with their current franchise mentality which is why I'm surprised its under consideration. As for the attraction itself, I'd hope it's something substantial but unique. As in, not a launch coaster through the world of Pandora. But any solid addition would be good.

doctornick

If they really do consider adding another attraction to Pandora, I would hope they don't do a coaster or other thrill ride, but instead do a proper dark ride (something that is D- or E-ticket scale as opposed to NRJ). My thought would be an ACE lead safari where you actually encounter megafauna AAs -- perhaps can even have your token "something goes horribly wrong" element and be threatened to have more of a storyline.

sedati

I stated this a long time ago during a previous for third attraction discussion, but I would love to see some sort of big game hunt attraction. There’s a nice scene in the extended version of avatar that shows how the Navi hunt with both equestrian and banshee working together. Not only would this be exciting and unique, but would also show something that doesn’t much exist in animal kingdom yet. The idea that living symbiotically with nature does involve taking from it, but this can be done sustainably with balance and respect.

Last edited:

Prototype82

I stated this a long time ago during a previous for third attraction discussion, but I would love to see some sort of big game hunt attraction. There’s a nice scene in the extended version of avatar that shows how the Navi hunt with both equestrian and banshee working together. Not only would this be exciting and unique, but would also show something that doesn’t much exist in animal kingdom yet. The idea that living symbiotically with nature does involve taking from it, but this can be done sustainably with balance and respect.
Though Dinosaur gets pretty gritty, I think Disney would be nervous to do that. But that would be great. That's an incredible scene in the extended addition.

sedati

Though Dinosaur gets pretty gritty, I think Disney would be nervous to do that. But that would be great. That's an incredible scene in the extended addition.
Honestly, I'm always (pleasantly) surprised Disney actually put the Alioramus eating another dinosaur whole in the attraction. Animal Kingdom is a bit more mature in its teachings- honestly more than Epcot Center in my opinion. Life and death should play a part in a nature story, though certainly no one wants traumatized children.

HauntedMansionFLA

There was never a projection show for Pandora. Those projection mapping tests on the floating mountains where never tests of shows, but for the night time lighting. Right now at night the floating mountains are lit by projection mapping, this was a technique to make the mountains seem more kinetic and lively instead of just static spotlights.
Thanks. I thought they might try to brighten that area up alittle. Love the land. Just hard to move around at night with the crowds and darkness.

S 2

This is the exact opposite of what Animal Kingdom represents, or maybe they should just give everyone on the safari ride rifles. give. me. a. break. bulldozing swampland and killing all the wildlife there so we can create audio animatronic animals we can pretend shoot and kill? this is just wrong on so many levels! but thanks for the chuckle...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom