AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

PeterAlt

There is very little Beastly Kingdomme in the concept art.
Compare:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 44

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If Disney had released these concept art, and never mentioned Avatar. If Disney had said they were creating
a new futuristic, alien, animal Land, a Land where Animal Kingdom meets Magic Kingdoms Future World.

I would have thought that was the best thing ever! How cool! How Entirely Disney creative!
Love the artwork! Cant wait, another "must do" trip planned

If then they said yes, it is Avatar! I would have thought, huh? isn't that more of a Universal thing? revolving a Land around one movie? Disney used to make Lands on based on concepts and then would put a specific
ride where it would fit. I could see a Avatar ride inside of the new Disney land, but not have the whole
land specific to one movie... that's all I am going to see in this new Land...Avatar stuff?
I never saw Avatar, never really wanted to see the Dances with Wolves in space....

but I do think what they could create something neat with the general concept.

But with Wizard World of Harry Potter and Cars Land it has been demonstrated that an entire land themed around a single franchise can be very successful if done right.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If Disney had released these concept art, and never mentioned Avatar. If Disney had said they were creating
a new futuristic, alien, animal Land, a Land where Animal Kingdom meets Magic Kingdoms Future World.

I would have thought that was the best thing ever! How cool! How Entirely Disney creative!
Love the artwork! Cant wait, another "must do" trip planned

If then they said yes, it is Avatar! I would have thought, huh? isn't that more of a Universal thing? revolving a Land around one movie? Disney used to make Lands on based on concepts and then would put a specific
ride where it would fit. I could see a Avatar ride inside of the new Disney land, but not have the whole
land specific to one movie... that's all I am going to see in this new Land...Avatar stuff?
I never saw Avatar, never really wanted to see the Dances with Wolves in space....

but I do think what they could create something neat with the general concept.
Actually Disney created his "LANDS" based upon existing Disney intellectual properties.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Actually Disney created his "LANDS" based upon existing Disney intellectual properties

but he didn't make a Lady and the Tramp Land, he put Tony's rest in Main street, he didn't make a
Dumbo land, he put a Dumbo ride in Fantasy Land...there is no Cinderella land, no Swiss Family Robinson land
Is there a movie in Epcot at all? other then meet and greets?

PeterAlt

There aren't too many EC rumors, but tons of DHS. An official DHS announcement is highly likely, but EC not so much. But they have surprised us before
We're expecting announcements concerning Soaring, Imagination, and maybe more. Don't forget an Imagineer confirmed a "mystery project" will open at EC in 2015. So, any EC announcement is still significant, while not as big as any of the rumored DHS announcements.

themoose

We're expecting announcements concerning Soaring, Imagination, and maybe more. Don't forget an Imagineer confirmed a "mystery project" will open at EC in 2015. So, any EC announcement is still significant, while not as big as any of the rumored DHS announcements.

I forgot about the refurbs. Hopefully we will get those too

danlb_2000

Premium Member
stretch-armstrong-responsive-622x419.jpeg

It makes zero thematic sense in that park.

How is a movie about living in harmony with nature a stretch for a park that is about living in harmony with nature? I always like to point out the dedication quote from Animal Kingdom:

"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn."

That quote sounds exactly like Avatar to me.

TalkingHead

Splash is also in a park with a lot of other rides. If it rains in MK, and people dont ride splash because its outdoors..its a short walk to pirates or haunted mansion which are both indoors :)

AK...has far less options

Ok, when there is lightning in the area, how many MK rides shut down?

Splash
Big Thunder
Riverboat
Aladdin Spinner
Dueling Dumbos
Jungle Cruise
Peoplemover
Astro Orbiter
Speedway
And if it ever opens, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

It rains in Florida during summer and fall, but that's not a compelling reason to avoid making the Avatar boat ride a partially outdoor attraction if it makes the ride better.

AdventureHasAName

Let me ask you this...how does the Wizarding World of Harry Potter fit in with Islands of Adventure? Hogwarts wasn't on an island.

Well, it is a park themed to literature ... and Harry Potter is the star of a series of books. Regardless, I have no interest in defending IOA; I've never been there.

How does Haunted Mansion fit in with Liberty Square?

It's inside a mansion an architectural style (Victorian Gothic) that was common in the northeast United States during the mid-to-late 1700s. It's meant to make you think you're in Dutch-settled NY state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom