AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Prototype82

Am I the only one that thinks this fits pretty perfect in this park? To me this is a mythical world and has some awesome visuals and creatures that could be really cool for disney. I mean come on....what other movie like this could go in animal kingdom that can compete with something that universal has. NOTHING owned by disney in my opinion will be able to create a huge impact on WWOHP. I think this will be a good fit and we need to have more faith in them....ALSO since disney own marvel and there is an avenger movie coming out....they should start working on actually incorporating some of those characters to there rides
You are correct. Avatar IS the perfect fit. It will be a double whammy. It can address the Potter-driven need for something huge AND deal with the vacancy in Animal Kingdom while providing an environment that preaches the park's message.

ctxak98

I think I'm the only person not dying to have a Star Wars world. As much as I love the franchise...

I actually agree with you. The disney studios isnt about lands its about hollywood and looking like your backstage and little areas of it yes but not a whole forest at mgm...I think it would like a bit ridiculous.

I know I am probably one of the few who actually see avatar as a good idea but I really dont think there is a better fit for something big at ANIMAL KINGDOM!...Im not saying other parks, just that one. John carter to me...looks awful. Idk but I wanna see concept art. I dont get all the hatred:shrug:

ctxak98

You are correct. Avatar IS the perfect fit. It will be a double whammy. It can address the Potter-driven need for something huge AND deal with the vacancy in Animal Kingdom while providing an environment that preaches the park's message.

BINGO!!!....I think people are thinking that its going to be too much of the movie like the Harry Potter ride...But I dont think It will be.

AvengersWDW

Banned
If the ride is Soarin only themed to Avatar, then in my opinion, it would be an epic fail... here is a chance for Disney to do something innovative, and you are talking about wanting a clone???

I said imagine a Soarin ride but more immersive...meaning not a clone but an improvement. Sorry if you read it incorrectly

AvengersWDW

Banned
If the ride is Soarin only themed to Avatar, then in my opinion, it would be an epic fail... here is a chance for Disney to do something innovative, and you are talking about wanting a clone???

Arent you the man who said that the paint job that Dueling Dragons received was innovative? Just saying...

AvengersWDW

Banned
Yeah, I find the "don't mind the story, only pay attention to the visuals" comments to be silly. Of course they're not just going to ignore the story and characters. There's no precedent for that.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Why the hatred for something that has had no information come out? Isnt it a little irrational to hate something you have no knowledge of? But then again after reading the posts about Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom i see you have an irrational hatred of that and spout lies about it even know the people who actually seen it first hand told you otherwise.

The Duck

As much as I hated the movie (and James Cameron) I'm at least a little curious about the proposed land and how it would fit in DAK. I would like to see concept art before I trash it but now I'm doubtful if we'll see anything for a long time (if ever).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why the hatred for something that has had no information come out? Isnt it a little irrational to hate something you have no knowledge of? But then again after reading the posts about Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom i see you have an irrational hatred of that and spout lies about it even know the people who actually seen it first hand told you otherwise.

Wow...your first post that I actually agree with.

You know what's odd though...you just joined this site three days ago and have jumped right into the deep end. It's almost like you've tested the waters before.:shrug:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That having empty land is better than a potential innovative and unique Avatar offering...

That's not an outrageous claim. It might be an outrageous statement to some, but it's how I feel. And about it being childish, coming from you, that is an outright laugh riot.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia

I said imagine a Soarin ride but more immersive...meaning not a clone but an improvement. Sorry if you read it incorrectly

I have to agree with dxer07002 here. Even if it's a big improvement upon the Soaring concept, I still think that is somewhat lackluster. Avatar is indeed Disney's chance to really break the mold here and go all out on something that doesn't resemble anything that's been done before. If they do that and succeed, I think that even all the people that are totally against an Avatar themed land will be pleased. I really hope it's something groundbreaking, but I also don't want to get my hopes up.

Prototype82

BINGO!!!....I think people are thinking that its going to be too much of the movie like the Harry Potter ride...But I dont think It will be.
I definitely agree with you there. When Cameron talked about it, he described the project as being "a playground for the imagination". He sounded so thrilled about it too. The way they started to talk about the project seemed to profess it as being an immersive environment. They mentioned briefly that the film had "interesting characters" but they didn't stress that as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom